Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Might as well get juiced alt.
Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: June 11, 2020 16:29

I read more than once that Keith was disappointed with what they put on the album, said he had an amazing version. Anyone if actually hear it?

Re: Might as well get juiced alt.
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 11, 2020 16:33

No. Not even Keith

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: June 11, 2020 16:43

Sounded like it was far more raw and Mick ruined with his usual 'trying to be hip with the times' mixing

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 11, 2020 17:32

We'll have to wait for 25th anniversary bonus edition in 2022!!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 11, 2020 17:42

Actually, I had very little to do with (the Dust Brothers). I'm like, What do you want me to do? And they're like, Oh, just do what you always do. I'm thinking, That's PRODUCING?
- Keith Richards, September 1997

(Keith) doesn't really get along with people very often, you know. He takes a stand against people... He worked with Don a lot.
- Mick Jagger, September 1997

I had written a lot of songs coming into this project that I'd already done. I'd written them and they were all finished and completed. I didn't really necessarily know we were going to do a Stones record at that point... (I wrote) Anybody Seen My Baby, Saint of Me... Gunface, Out of Control, Might As Well Get Juiced.
- Mick Jagger, 1997

Nothing in there about Keith talking about the mix that blows away the LP version but I have read that in quite a few places.

It's a Mick solo song with The Rolling Stones attached to it. Someone might say, Well Mick came up with SFTD and Brown Sugar and Sway by himself.

Yep. FOR The Rolling Stones.

Big difference. And that basically sums up what's been going on for decades now. When he's working on a solo album and something Stonesy comes up he sets it aside to do WITH the Stones... he's not writing FOR the Stones.

That seems to be the issue. I can't think of any other "thing" that it could be.

Don Was figured something out, although his math is strange, especially when you read other parts about the songs The Dust Brothers worked on. Even though he hoped no one would say they were being trendy, they were - a bit late and not very well done.

Ninety-five percent of what I saw was the band set up live and playing... I hope people don't say, Oh, Dust Brothers - trying to be trendy, because that's not true; that's just a textural approach to performing the songs. These guys are such personalities. You got to go a long way to water them down. Like when Keith sings harmony - even if there are five other people singing, you'll hear him on top there.
- Don Was, July 1997

[timeisonourside.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 11, 2020 17:50

longlongwinter

Keith [...] said he had an amazing version.

Maybe: S0918. Might As Well Get Juiced - Keith's Revenge Remix (Bootleg) (10.50) -- [StonesSessions.com] - (Appendix Session List) -- [www.Discogs.com] -- [iorr.org] ?

This Remix could probably be a fake -- [iorr.org] . 'Might As Well Get Juiced' was played live at NY MSG 17-Jan-1998 -- [iorr.org] .

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-11 18:40 by Irix.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 11, 2020 19:53

longlongwinter
I read more than once that Keith was disappointed with what they put on the album, said he had an amazing version. Anyone if actually hear it?

[iorr.org]
[www.rocksbackpages.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-11 19:58 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 11, 2020 21:46

MOJO 48 -- November 1997

ROCKMAN

Posted by: leszek97 ()
Date: June 11, 2020 22:05

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 11, 2020 22:15

Rockman

MOJO 48 -- November 1997

Sounds like Andy Warhol's production of 'The Velvet Underground & Nico' Banana album (for which he as credited) - according to Lou Reed he took the tapes to Andy Warhol to work on and he just said, "It's prefect as it is"............

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: June 11, 2020 22:28

Irix
longlongwinter

Keith [...] said he had an amazing version.

Maybe: S0918. Might As Well Get Juiced - Keith's Revenge Remix (Bootleg) (10.50) -- [StonesSessions.com] - (Appendix Session List) -- [www.Discogs.com] -- [iorr.org] ?

This Remix could probably be a fake -- [iorr.org] . 'Might As Well Get Juiced' was played live at NY MSG 17-Jan-1998 -- [iorr.org] .
Yes fakes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2205
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home