Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Internet video downloading...?!
Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: March 31, 2012 15:05

...Anyone on this board experienced in converting internet video (hyperlinks) into a genuine video file format (AVI, or else)? What are the best (if possible: free/ shareware) options?
f.i.: I found the (free) Internet Video Downloader on Brothersoft.com (a.o.), but I don't know if it's any good.

P.S.: I already use the Free Studio by DVDVideosoft.com for Youtube videos; I'm kinda happy with that one (easy to use, and multiple language options). Downside is: it only works with Youtube-links. Not with links to videos on different sites...

...And while I'm at it: the best multi-use videoformat (for burning them on DVD's & watch them on television afterwards) is AVI, isn't it?
I don't really know the difference between MP4, AVI, Quicktime, etcetera - to be honest. I did find some info on the net about it; I just don't really understand it properly I'm afraid...

Thanx for helping me out here!

And apologies upfront to the Forum police (no, NOT you BV!), who will rightfully claim that this has nothing to do with the Stones whatsoever, and is not even music-related (although that would be debatable), so therefor shouldn't be posted nor discussed on this board. It's just that, I don't really know where else to go with this. As soon as a couple of experienced IORRians have pointed me in the right direction (or maybe start a short e-mailcorrespondence with me about this?), this thread may be deleted as far as I'm concerned. CHEERZ!

Re: OT: Internet video downloading...?!
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 31, 2012 15:31

Hi...I can't answer your question but regarding your thread...usually I find that most of the technotalk goes on with no problem on the other forum 'Hotstuff'.......in fact most of the talk over there is tech/remastering related........hope that helps.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-31 15:31 by EddieByword.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 31, 2012 15:51

I use these tools which usually work pretty well and are freeware.
many supported websites, occasionally you'll bump into one that's not supported - but thats life, innit?

[www.freemake.com]
[www.freemake.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 31, 2012 16:07

realplayer appears to do this quite well.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 31, 2012 18:31

...Cheerz, y'all!!
(including the ones who still have some feedback in store...)

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 31, 2012 19:29

www.keepvid.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2096
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home