Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jiving Sister Fanny & I don't know why the lost 1969 single
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: March 31, 2012 03:10

" Jiving Sister Fanny" & "I Don't Know Why " have been recorded between April 17 and July 2, 1969 at Olympic Sound Studios.
Soon after on July 4 we have got the release of Honky Tonk Women b/w YCAGWYW, and on December 1969 came Let It Bleed.
Finaly it has been released only in 1975 with the release of Metamorphosis.
"I don't know why" b/w "Try a little harder" and "Jiving Sister fanny" b/w "Out Of Time"

German Singles

I'd always wondered why the STONES had never thought to another single during 1969.
Not good enuff ??? Because of the US Tour 1969 ???
Not enuff space on Let It Bleed ??? Copyright reasons for "I Don't know why" ??? confused smiley

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-31 03:26 by Honestman.

Re: Jiving Sister Fanny & I don't know why the lost 1969 single
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 31, 2012 03:26

Because "Jiving Sister Fanny" was never finished. No copyright issues with "I Don't Know Why", it's a cover like any other cover. It probably just didn't fit with the rest of the album so it remained unissued, which was the fate of many tracks at the time.

Date: March 31, 2012 03:31

71Tele
...No copyright issues with "I Don't Know Why", it's a cover like any other cover. It probably just didn't fit with the rest of the album so it remained unissued, which was the fate of many tracks at the time.

The first single release in 1975 had Jagger-Richard-Taylor on credits soon after it has been corrected by Wonder-Riser-Hunter-Hardaway so I'm not sure...

HMN

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 31, 2012 07:14

Honestman
71Tele
...No copyright issues with "I Don't Know Why", it's a cover like any other cover. It probably just didn't fit with the rest of the album so it remained unissued, which was the fate of many tracks at the time.

The first single release in 1975 had Jagger-Richard-Taylor on credits soon after it has been corrected by Wonder-Riser-Hunter-Hardaway so I'm not sure...

Yeah, my early pressing of Metamorphosis had that credit too.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 31, 2012 08:37

Would have been a bad single although I dont know is a great cover.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 31, 2012 08:38

Always felt a connection between this song and Gimme Shelter.

Date: March 31, 2012 10:00

Redhotcarpet
Would have been a bad single ...

I've seen worst since winking smiley but I won't name them...

71 Tele think you got it right for Jiving Sister Fanny, although I like it that way,
it look like a never ended take.

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-31 10:00 by Honestman.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 31, 2012 13:08

.....2 of Jaggers best vocal performances on record are Let It Loose and I Don't Know Why.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-31 13:08 by Rip This.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: March 31, 2012 14:47

I seem to recall reading somewhere that "I Don't Know Why" was recorded on July 3, 1969. Anything else significant about that date?

Ross

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: March 31, 2012 15:24

I guess they could've given this to Decca instead of @#$%& Blues, but where's the fun in that?

Would make a great single though.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 31, 2012 15:30

Love both tunes but I do understand that they really don't seem like true 'singles' even though DECCA released them as such in '75.

A bit odd for sure to have such a monster hit with HTW in'69, the biggest since Ruby Tuesday/Let's Spend The Night Together, and to not have a follow-up single.

It seems like DECCA really didn't have their shit together, because once they started RSR you start seeing 2 and 3 singles released with each album (deservedly or not!).

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: March 31, 2012 18:13

Ross
I seem to recall reading somewhere that "I Don't Know Why" was recorded on July 3, 1969. Anything else significant about that date?

Ross

I think I'm correct in saying, and Im sure it's documented that the Stones were recording I dont know why when they received the news of Brians death

Date: March 31, 2012 18:21

Ross and 68to72

Nico could be wrong , nobody's perfect, my 2 cts that the july 2th night could have been very long and ended on the very early hours of july 3 (Very diplomatic) winking smiley

Source Nico Zentgraf

HMN

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 31, 2012 18:36

68to72
Ross

Ross

I think I'm correct in saying, and Im sure it's documented that the Stones were recording I dont know why when they received the news of Brians death

Seems it's not quite that way, Keith Richards says in Barbara Charone book that they were mixing it.

Keith Altham says he was present when they recieved the news, can't recall all of what he said, but I don't think he says they were actually recording when they got the news.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2059
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home