Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: The next StonesArchive.com bootleg is released this Tuesday 3rd April
Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: March 30, 2012 22:05

I guess this isn't a "real" Rolling Stones message board then.

And if you had posted in the thread, it WOULD have been on the first page spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

And the thread did stay on the front page for a while, but only so much can be said about a release date, and I think we all got burned out on trying to guess what is going to be released prior to Hampton. There is still some discussion, and discussion about "L.A. Friday", but there's only so much you can say about something that hasn't been released yet. Trust me, when it comes out there will be a few 20-30 page threads about it.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 30, 2012 22:41

Are there any tenuous clues this time ? i.e."it's a cracker" Alot of people, my self included incorrectly made a link with "Crackin' up" and El Mocambo .confused smiley

sc uk

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: March 30, 2012 22:50

Far be it from me to defend IORR, but it's pretty funny when someone deems it to not be a "real" Stones message board because the info they were looking for was posted 2 days earlier.

That's just laughably ignorant. Maybe if HighwireC, you know, checked the board every day, he would be up to date with his info.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: March 31, 2012 00:39

That thread turnied into a big discussion about compression LOL

IF this release is a '75 LA show does anyone have a set list handy?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 31, 2012 00:43

vermontoffender
Maybe if HighwireC, you know, checked the board every day, he would be up to date with his info.

Maybe he's not a "real" fan?

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: March 31, 2012 00:54

Justin
vermontoffender
Maybe if HighwireC, you know, checked the board every day, he would be up to date with his info.

No, for sure, I'm not. I'm a "payed poster" I've learn on this board. And yes, I've no time to read this board every day or every hour. I've searched this board for "stonesarchive" and "3rd April" and couldn't find any topic. And there was no "sticky" topic with this content, only the "50" Book, the pushed back tour and a thread about an upcoming Ronnie event.

And now I can only promise you, I'll leave this gathering of some dozends of retired stonesfans, I'll never disturb your inner circle and I'll promise to never post here again.

Bye.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 31, 2012 02:31

So I come on this board to find latest news about the Stones but mostly to read what other fans write about my favourite band. I enjoy a lot to read different opinions, arguings, analysis or whatever people like to write/talk about. I come by almost everyday and I'm amazed to (almost) always find something that catches my interest. Clearly this is one of the most lively board I've ever been on.
However I've rarely seen a place where people are so quick to bash anyone who makes a double post or bypass forum "laws" or does whatever "wrong"...
The 4-page thread about the new bootleg has sunk down a couple of days ago because no one seems to have something to add to the few informations we managed to gather... Now today HighwireC makes an all enthusiastic post about an information he couldn't find (maybe simply because the first thread was not explicit enough in its title) anywhere on the forum and that he want to share with people here. Is that really a big deal? And I bet there will be other people making new threads about next week release over the weekend. Are you going to bash them the same way?

Now how about a forum strictly dedicated to Stones matters and another to more casual subjects?

Posted by: pinksuit ()
Date: March 31, 2012 02:40

HighwireC
Justin
vermontoffender

No, for sure, I'm not. I'm a "payed poster" I've learn on this board. And yes, I've no time to read this board every day or every hour. I've searched this board for "stonesarchive" and "3rd April" and couldn't find any topic. And there was no "sticky" topic with this content, only the "50" Book, the pushed back tour and a thread about an upcoming Ronnie event.

And now I can only promise you, I'll leave this gathering of some dozends of retired stonesfans, I'll never disturb your inner circle and I'll promise to never post here again.

Bye.
i
I think you shouldn't do that. You are appreciated and all this BS is not what it's about

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 31, 2012 03:26

HighwireC
Justin
vermontoffender

Bye.

It was just a joke. Sheesh.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: March 31, 2012 04:08

My point was, and still is, that if you're looking for info concerning the recently announced release date of a new, "official" Stones product, it's really easy to find here. And, it doesn't take any time whatsoever. Maybe because the thread isn't entitled, "New Stones Archive Release Date Announced", it tripped you up. Who knows?

I'm hardly a regular here, and I'm certainly not a "payed poster", whatever the heck that is (Although I did get paid to not pose nude in the mid-eighties. Is that the same thing?). Maybe you should refine your search criteria next time. Also, do some research before you cast aspersions; only 85-90% of the IORR community is retired.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: March 31, 2012 07:41

kowalski
However I've rarely seen a place where people are so quick to bash anyone who makes a double post or bypass forum "laws" or does whatever "wrong"...

Well, people were pointing out that there was already a thread (I don't think to be mean, but it is good to try and keep the discussion in one topic), and not necessarily bashing the guy... that is until he said that this wasn't a "real" Rolling Stones message board because the thread was on the second page. An honest mistake is one thing, but being a tool about it is another.

Date: March 31, 2012 07:52

come back Highwire!!!!!!!!!!

you gotta realize one of the things about this board is it has a lot of that dry humor/sarcastic wit... at least i think it does! cool smiley

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 31, 2012 09:52

NoCode0680
kowalski

Well, people were pointing out that there was already a thread (I don't think to be mean, but it is good to try and keep the discussion in one topic), and not necessarily bashing the guy... that is until he said that this wasn't a "real" Rolling Stones message board because the thread was on the second page. An honest mistake is one thing, but being a tool about it is another.

I admit I read messages a bit too hastily and somehow overreacted ... yawning smiley

Still I believe it would be easier for everyone if there were two different forums, with one dedicated to Stones related content only. Making wishes ... eye rolling smiley

Re: The Next Bootleg Release - Date!
Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: April 1, 2012 21:04

donvis
What are the three songs cut from Brussels?

I was wondering that myself. He has to be referring to the 3 songs from the 1st Brussels show. They're not really cut, they just come from the 1st show on 10/17/73 and all the rest come from the 2nd show.

Speaking of edits though, Mick Taylor's solo on "All Down The Line" is edited. The song is taken from the second show, but Taylor's solo from the version played at the first show is edited into it.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 1, 2012 22:13

ACADEMIC IORR politics are so vicious precisely because the stakes are so small.” - Henry Kissinger

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 1, 2012 22:32

That's it. I'm outta here.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: April 1, 2012 23:15

Black to the show. 75 would be surprising. They release first the most popular shows. Brussels is mythic. Hampton was the 1st ppv show. Ac 89 was seen by many people.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 2, 2012 02:48

I somehow doubt the LA 75 boot although I still hope for stuff like that.
But really hope they don't go straight into the Vegas era now. Would be another missed chance and drag down much of the exitement.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: April 2, 2012 03:48

Thanks Tumblin_Dice_07.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1694
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home