Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: The Next Bootleg Release - Date!
Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: March 28, 2012 19:21

falo01
buffalo7478
I would rather it be from a tour where we have no other official releases (which is why I liked the Brussels 73 release).

Leeds 71 would be great.

why that ? we already have it in perfect quality. not another "hampton" release please.

The existent tracks are in good sound quality, of course, but if they add the opener(s), that is (are) lacking, we've got a bonus.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 28, 2012 19:25

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 28, 2012 19:25

jamesfdouglas
Cocaine Eyes

I've never seen this, didn't even know it was out there!
It's actually pretty goofy, lol

Quite horrid, especially the really irritating machine gun snare.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 28, 2012 19:43

RobertJohnson
falo01
buffalo7478
I would rather it be from a tour where we have no other official releases (which is why I liked the Brussels 73 release).

Leeds 71 would be great.

why that ? we already have it in perfect quality. not another "hampton" release please.

The existent tracks are in good sound quality, of course, but if they add the opener(s), that is (are) lacking, we've got a bonus.

2 more tracks from Leeds? Why? What's even the point? Why not a different & unreleased 1971 show? Leeds is not even a good show by 1971 standards, performancewise

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-28 19:57 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 28, 2012 19:44

His Majesty
jamesfdouglas
Cocaine Eyes

That's not a snare, that's the Steel Association, a fanfare band.

Mathijs

Date: March 28, 2012 20:06

Mathijs
His Majesty
jamesfdouglas
Cocaine Eyes

Mathijs

One or some of em are repeatedly hitting a snare or something after the solo. Whatever it is, it's horrid.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: March 28, 2012 20:19

What was the setlist for LA 75?

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: March 28, 2012 20:21

RobertJohnson
falo01
buffalo7478

Leeds 71 would be great.

ok, a handful new songs, thats a point.
I would prefer complete new recordings but my hopes are limited.

Date: March 28, 2012 20:23

Lorenz
What was the setlist for LA 75?

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: March 28, 2012 20:28

Handova
I bet they will be heading to the 90's with this one. Pure crap specualtion from my side, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get something like Bremen'98 or Miami'94, for instance.

Please god, no!

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 28, 2012 20:30

Erik_Snow
RobertJohnson
falo01
buffalo7478

Leeds 71 would be great.

2 more tracks from Leeds? Why? What's even the point? Why not a different & unreleased 1971 show? Leeds is not even a good show by 1971 standards, performancewise

Yeah, it's semi-lacklustre, why are so many people asking for Leeds '71. It's just because you haven't heard any other shows from '71. They did record several (just look in Rolling With The Stones, Wyman's book). Mostly a waste of work and harddrive space to release Leeds.

Date: March 28, 2012 20:38

Letting Darryl get the groove:

[www.nme.com]

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 28, 2012 20:39

His Majesty
Mathijs
His Majesty
jamesfdouglas
Cocaine Eyes

Mathijs

One or some of em are repeatedly hitting a snare or something after the solo. Whatever it is, it's horrid.

Then you got to listen to the MSG versions with Richards on bass -Jagger has missed the beat, the guitar players don't know what to play, the fanfare band is on full blast and there's fireworks that sound like a dozen millitary snares...

Mathijs

Date: March 28, 2012 20:43

I'll pass on that. grinning smiley

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 28, 2012 21:08

I remember MSG '75: Mick: "2 girls got their asses blown up by cherry bombs...Stop throwing cherry bombs at girls' asses!" Or something like that.

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: March 28, 2012 22:04

I'm convinced by that sleeve. L.A. Friday it is, and colour me intrigued as - to the best of my knowledge - it's not a bootleg I've heard.

How does it compare to the non-El Mocambo portions of Love You Live?

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 28, 2012 23:23

By the way does anyone know how many copies they sold of Brussels and Hampton?

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: March 28, 2012 23:57

kowalski
By the way does anyone know how many copies they sold of Brussels and Hampton?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think that is the point. As downloads on their website they are not obliged to tell that (the numbers they sell) But lucrative it certainly is.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: March 29, 2012 00:01

Unless somebody went to a lot of trouble to fake a very realistic-looking cover, it looks like LA Friday 1975 is it! I would certainly hope that this is from multi-track recordings and not the audience tapes that we all know, which would make it something new. Bob Clearmountain seems to know how to mix this band (even Live Licks had a nice mix, he claimed he wasn't responsible for the edits!).

As for Leeds '71, I would LOVE for that to be the next release. All we have now is marginal MONO sound with the two opening songs missing. Two rockers that, combined with Bob Clearmountain's mix, would pump some much-needed energy in this restrained, yet smoldering set. There almost has to be multi-track recordings in stereo since we have the stereo B-side "Let It Rock". This one was always one of my favs.

Anyway, I will be glad to have a great recording of a '75 TOTA show. It should be an upgrade from LYL much in the way that Hampton is an upgrade from Still Life.

We'll find out April 3, I guess!

Ross

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: March 29, 2012 00:03

dcba
"Remastered by Bob Clearmountain"

Yes but brickwalled by who?

The latest release (Hampton) has a dynamic range of 5(!) on average. The dynamics have been unneccesarily squashed. Brussel had 10 (dynamic range)

I would say 10 (more is better) is the minumum for good dynamics.

Date: March 29, 2012 00:12

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: March 29, 2012 00:21

falo01
RobertJohnson
falo01
buffalo7478

Leeds 71 would be great.

ok, a handful new songs, thats a point.
I would prefer complete new recordings but my hopes are limited.

Leeds 71 would be boring.There have been 1000 releases and Everybody interested could own it for years. Apart from that the missing few tracks just don't exist! They have been ruined at the recording. So no reason to release it one more time.
There is so much other, more interesting stuff . .

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: March 29, 2012 00:29

[/quote] Leeds 71 would be boring.There have been 1000 releases and Everybody interested could own it for years. Apart from that the missing few tracks just don't exist! They have been ruined at the recording. So no reason to release it one more time.
There is so much other, more interesting stuff . .[/quote]

The Leeds bootleg is recorded from a mono radio broadcast. The first two songs were not broadcast, which does not mean recordings don't exist. It is quite likely that there are multi-track recordings in the vaults since one track has been officially released, well mixed and in stereo. Chances are the whole show was recorded. Nobody knew such good recordings existed of the 2nd Brussels show until we got the official Brussels Affair release!

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: March 29, 2012 00:45

The complete El Mocambo Club Show 1977 would be nice.

Date: March 29, 2012 00:58

- of course they wont release an audience recording of LA75
- a while back I heard from a reliable source that no stereo from leeds71 does
exist or doesnt exist anymore (cant remember the details). no explanation
why there is only one stereo track circulating.
- concerning number of sales I think that things go terrible wrong for them.
almost nobody of the "common" fans (the mass crowd) dont even know about
stonesarchive.org. I´m shocked all the time that these people have no idea
whats available. the only people who know from stonesarchive are the ones, who
already have those recordings in their fault for ages.
I think the sales are terrible low, especially the hampton sales.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 29, 2012 01:06

falo01

Not sure where you're getting your information or how you're collecting your data but I wouldn't assume that any of that is true. It's not just people on Stones boards who are aware of the archive. On the site RateYourMusic.com both Brussels and Hampton make it on the Top 10 highest rated Stones albums of all time--with Brussels taking the first spot. The right people are finding about these recordings and word is going around just fine. The Steve Hoffman board has huge activity on these Archive releases. People are noticing. Not the same as the product being in the stores--but doing well enough for word of mouth to spread.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: March 29, 2012 01:12

Ross
Leeds 71 would be boring.There have been 1000 releases and Everybody interested could own it for years. Apart from that the missing few tracks just don't exist! They have been ruined at the recording. So no reason to release it one more time.
There is so much other, more interesting stuff . .[/quote]

The Leeds bootleg is recorded from a mono radio broadcast. The first two songs were not broadcast, which does not mean recordings don't exist. It is quite likely that there are multi-track recordings in the vaults since one track has been officially released, well mixed and in stereo. Chances are the whole show was recorded. Nobody knew such good recordings existed of the 2nd Brussels show until we got the official Brussels Affair release![/quote]

Well, the only reason would be mono/stereo. But I very much doubt it all to be worth it.

For a 71 show the Leeds gig just wasn't really anything special, - maybe apart from a few songs.So when it was first released on vinyl in the 70's there wasn't much exitement cause in those days it's just been a mediocre gig/boot.The estimation may have changed a bit over the years like it often happened when people heard things many years later and didn't know about the original playin/value.

Reg. the missing songs I remember an interview with the engineer years ago that those tracks had been messed up. I forgot whether it was the playing or the recording. But anyhow they don't seem to exist in a listenable way.

Date: March 29, 2012 01:30

Justin
falo01

Not sure where you're getting your information or how you're collecting your data but I wouldn't assume that any of that is true. It's not just people on Stones boards who are aware of the archive. On the site RateYourMusic.com both Brussels and Hampton make it on the Top 10 highest rated Stones albums of all time--with Brussels taking the first spot. The right people are finding about these recordings and word is going around just fine. The Steve Hoffman board has huge activity on these Archive releases. People are noticing. Not the same as the product being in the stores--but doing well enough for word of mouth to spread.

but thats not the mass. the mass doesnt even know there are bootlegs like hampton or atlantic city available. mouth-to-mouth does not create sales the stones are satisfied with. there is no advertising at all and ratings on some freak sites doesnt mean a thing.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 29, 2012 01:47

Ross
There almost has to be multi-track recordings in stereo since we have the stereo B-side "Let It Rock". This one was always one of my favs.

The Leeds multitracks are in the Stones possession. Unless the first two tracks are technically flawed (which I don't know), yes, the Stones are able to release the entire show in stereo.

Leeds was NOT recorded by the BBC. The show was recorded by the Stones. They mixed the part of the show as we know it in mono and commissioned this tape to the BBC for broadcast purposes. They could easily mix the whole show in stereo and release it, just like they did with Let It Rock.

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: March 29, 2012 01:51

falo01
Justin
falo01

but thats not the mass. the mass doesnt even know there are bootlegs like hampton or atlantic city available. mouth-to-mouth does not create sales the stones are satisfied with. there is no advertising at all and ratings on some freak sites doesnt mean a thing.

That's nonsense. Anyone who uses google music would have seen Brussels plastered on the front page when it was released. The Guardian called it one of the albums of the year. They were selling it for a quarter at one point.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1536
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home