Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: "Let it Rock" question
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 3, 2012 23:19

I always thought it was Let It Rock, and a member of the band shouting it, because it had simply never occurred to me that it might be anything else. But now I think the PIB theory is right.

Rocker1 is right too: whatever you tell yourself it's going to be, that's what you think you hear!

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 4, 2012 04:24

Sipuncula
Brown Moses
and then there are cries of "anything,anything"

NOOOO! It's "Lady Jane! Lady Jane!" from directly behind the stage. North Texas accent but without that Dallas twang. More Fort Worth-Lubbock.

LOL !!

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: November 16, 2014 22:15

Sometimes, reviving old threads can be fun.

I have enjoyed this debate from years ago, but I agree with those who believe you will hear what you want - PIB or LIR.

I always thought that it was someone who was calling NOT for the song, but for the band to Let It Rock and the band heard it on the tapes and said "Nice" and used it.

Sure wish they'd dust this one off this tour, as Leeds 71 is among my top 3 live tracks from this band.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: November 16, 2014 23:04

It's not too far-fetched to consider that a fan vocally encouraged them to play something "rare".

Consider "Come On, Let the Good Times Roll!" on the LYL El Mocambo side.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 17, 2014 00:51

I think it's "Let it Rock. Either crew, band member or guest. It seems too loud to be picked up by a mic facing away from the audience.

It's too coincidental that they actually played that tune and I think the person was either excited about the song, informing the band what Keith was about to do or it was staged to give the start of the song some balls.

peace

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: November 17, 2014 02:48

I can't believe this is even a bone of contention. The guy shouted "Paint It Black!"in 1971 and has been replayed saying it millions of times since.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 17, 2014 03:57

I guess we'll have to hear it on the new Pono player to accurately hear what he really said. peace

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: November 17, 2014 03:58

Out of curiosity I just listened to it, and I'm going with "Paint it Black! Anything, anything!"

The guy has a Leeds kinda accent and it comes out "pain-Tit blOCK". I see how the last word could be heard as "rock" but the first word rhymes with "saint", not "pet".

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2323
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home