Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: New documentary
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 15, 2012 19:30

One more thing about the first 10 years of Stones history - things we have seen several times before.... girls screaming during theur conserts, Mick and Keith in court in 1967, Brian dead in a swimming pool etc....yawning smiley always thought Mick didn't like being nostalgic / looking back at old days.

Posted by: dannyhowells ()
Date: March 16, 2012 14:28

So much has happened in the Stones' career, I for one agree that only an epic Anthology-style docco would truly do it justice.
No Direction Home was a great example of good, in depth documentary, and it only covered Dylan's career up until his bike crash.
90 minutes would hardly scratch the surface.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 16, 2012 14:32

Somewhere I have a 5 DVD set Just For The Record, one disc per decade. An official version of something like that would be great.

I guess if Depps doco on Keith is ready it'll be held back so as not to compete.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: March 16, 2012 14:45

What about Jonny Depp's movie about Keith...when is that due out?

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: March 16, 2012 15:48

His Majesty
I hope the documentary is honest, but fair towards Brian. Hopefully Keith off loaded most of his bitter crap in his book saving the mature introspective stuff for this documentary. grinning smiley

Agree. Some quotes at their official website seem to be unnecessary if you ask me:

“He had an arrangement with (Eric) Easton, that as leader of the band he was entitled to this extra payment. Everybody freaked out. That was the beginning of the decline of Brian. We said, @#$%& you...”
Keith Richards, 1963

[www.rollingstones.com]

Press release this a.m. on new Stones doc
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: March 21, 2012 16:04

I'm interviewing the director - will post story when ready -

New York, NY (March 21, 2012)– In celebration of the Rolling Stones’ 50th anniversary, Eagle Rock Entertainment is pleased to release a groundbreaking and eye-opening documentary, featuring remarkable revelations from the world’s most legendary band. This is the first film to ever trace the evolution of the Rolling Stones’ from 1963, making it the ultimate Stones experience. The film will be showcased in September as part of the Rolling Stones 50th anniversary celebrations.

“We are thrilled to continue our relationship with the Rolling Stones and help to bring this extraordinary documentary film to millions of fans,” said Terry Shand, Eagle Rock chairman and CEO.

The film is a cinematic journey through the incredible eye of director Brett Morgen, capturing hours of never-before-seen footage in a rare, uncensored format that reveals the band’s vivid stories told through their eyes and their voices. With paramount access to the band and their materials retrieved from vaults and personal archives, Morgen captures astonishing new interviews and footage. “For anyone who wants to experience the band, this is the film that will defy convention and create a sonic tapestry to transport viewers into the world of the Rolling Stones,” said Morgen, an Academy Award nominee who is known for esteemed work on The Kid Stays in the Picture among many other projects. “The film will deliver the original, bold, sexy and dangerous flavor of the iconic rock band.”

Fans go on the road, in the studio, behind the scenes, and witness each band member’s personal, unfiltered perspective on the legendary life of the Rolling Stones – embarking on a journey through 50 years of sex, drugs, and rock and roll. The film is executive produced by the Rolling Stones, produced by Victoria Pearman, co-produced by Morgan Neville and directed by Brett Morgen.

It has previously been announced that Thames & Hudson will release the only official and authorized book The Rolling Stones: 50 to celebrate the band’s 50th anniversary on July 12. The book has been possible by privileged access to superb reportage photography from the Daily Mirror ’s archive, the largest newspaper collection of Rolling Stones photography, most of it hitherto unseen. This photographic autobiography features images selected by the band accompanied by their own words.

UNTITLED ROLLING STONES DOCUMENTARY FILM
Posted by: purepop ()
Date: March 21, 2012 18:27

This is the offical Canadian Eagle Rock Release.
I love my job!!

A CINEMATIC JOURNEY THROUGH THE BAND'S EVOLUTION FROM 1963

Release to Coincide with Stones' 50th Anniversary

Director Brett Morgen
Eagle Rock Entertainment to Release

In celebration of the Rolling Stones' 50th anniversary, Eagle Rock Entertainment is pleased to release a groundbreaking and eye-opening documentary, featuring remarkable revelations from the world's most legendary band. This is the first film to ever trace the evolution of the Rolling Stones from 1963, making it the ultimate Stones experience. The film will be showcased in September as part of the Rolling Stones 50th anniversary celebrations.
"We are thrilled to continue our relationship with the Rolling Stones and help to bring this extraordinary documentary film to millions of fans," said Terry Shand, Eagle Rock chairman and CEO.

The film is a cinematic journey through the incredible eye of director Brett Morgen, capturing hours of never-before-seen footage in a rare, uncensored format that reveals the band's vivid stories told through their eyes and their voices. With paramount access to the band and their materials retrieved from vaults and personal archives, Morgen captures astonishing new interviews and footage. "For anyone who wants to experience the band, this is the film that will defy convention and create a sonic tapestry to transport viewers into the world of the Rolling Stones," said Morgen, an Academy Award nominee who is known for esteemed work on The Kid Stays in the Picture among many other projects. "The film will deliver the original, bold, sexy and dangerous flavor of the iconic rock band."

Fans go on the road, in the studio, behind the scenes, and witness each band member's personal, unfiltered perspective on the legendary life of the Rolling Stones - embarking on a journey through 50 years of sex, drugs, and rock and roll.
The film is executive produced by the Rolling Stones, produced by Victoria Pearman, co-produced by Morgan Neville and directed by Brett Morgen.
It has previously been announced that Thames & Hudson will release the only official and authorized book The Rolling Stones: 50 to celebrate the band's 50th anniversary on July 12. The book has been possible by privileged access to superb reportage photography from the Daily Mirror's archive, the largest newspaper collection of Rolling Stones photography, most of it hitherto unseen. This photographic autobiography features images selected by the band accompanied by their own words.
Eagle Rock Entertainment is the largest producer and distributor of music programming for DVD, Blu-ray, TV, Audio and Digital Media in the world. Eagle works directly alongside talent to produce top quality, High Definition and 3D programs, both concerts and documentaries, including The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, The Who, Queen, The Doors, Jeff Beck, U2, Peter Gabriel, Paul McCartney and Ozzy Osbourne. Eagle is a Grammy Award winning company and has received over 30 multi-platinum, over 50 platinum and over 90 gold discs, worldwide. Eagle Rock Entertainment has offices in London, New York, Toronto, Paris and Hamburg.

# # #

Re: UNTITLED ROLLING STONES DOCUMENTARY FILM
Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: March 21, 2012 18:34

Nothing new here...

Date: March 21, 2012 18:41

love your handle! Do you like Stompin'Tom!!! are you from the east coast?

Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: March 21, 2012 18:42

Is it possible for any publicity person these days to avoid using the word "iconic" somewhere in the story? Get a dictionary, guys....

Date: March 21, 2012 18:45

purepop
love your handle! Do you like Stompin'Tom!!! are you from the east coast?
Thanks! I do like him, yes. Not from the east coast, though. I'm from Toronto. My band does a cover of that song once in awhile, hence my reason for using it as my name. It's a fun song to play smiling smiley

Date: March 21, 2012 18:49

Tom's a friend of mine

Date: March 21, 2012 20:56

good stuff, purepop.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 21, 2012 20:59

purepop
This is the first film to ever trace the evolution of the Rolling Stones from 1963,

It is?

Thanks for posting the press release, though.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: March 21, 2012 21:45

GumbootCloggeroo
Nothing new here...

Except that it follows their evolution from 1963 (and not from 1962) in celebration of their 50th anniversary. So 2013 is THE year.

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 21, 2012 21:47

Britney
GumbootCloggeroo
Nothing new here...

Except that it follows their evolution from 1963 (and not from 1962) in celebration of their 50th anniversary. So 2013 is THE year.

It's a year, but not the year in which the band was formed and started. grinning smiley

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: March 21, 2012 21:53

His Majesty
Britney
GumbootCloggeroo
Nothing new here...

It's a year, but not the year in which the band was formed and started. grinning smiley

Nope it was conceived in 1962 and born in 1963. winking smiley

www.rsundercover.eu

Date: March 21, 2012 23:00

Britney
GumbootCloggeroo
Nothing new here...

I'll bet that it doesn't!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 21, 2012 23:09

Two things:

1. I hope they find a title for it before September.
2. They really need to dump the idea of doing a documentary film and do a 10 hour miniseries. Really, how much can you pack into 2 hours that we don't already know? I thoroughly hope to be gobsmacked and stand corrected!

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: March 21, 2012 23:11

Britney
His Majesty
Britney
GumbootCloggeroo
Nothing new here...

Too late! The book is being released on July 12, 2012 on the 50th anniversary. Like I said before, I wouldn't take Keith's words to literal.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 21, 2012 23:12

The other thread on this said it would be 90 minutes. I'm hoping they're wrong.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 21, 2012 23:12

Taken from RollingStones.com:

Brian Jones Born February 28, 1942

Brian Jones founded The Rolling Stones in 1962. A slide and rhythm guitarist, he became the band's utility instrumentalist, before parting ways with them in 1969, shortly before his death, aged 27.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: March 21, 2012 23:14

purepop
This is the offical Canadian Eagle Rock Release.
I love my job!!

A CINEMATIC JOURNEY THROUGH THE BAND'S EVOLUTION FROM 1963

Release to Coincide with Stones' 50th Anniversary

Director Brett Morgen
Eagle Rock Entertainment to Release

In celebration of the Rolling Stones' 50th anniversary, Eagle Rock Entertainment is pleased to release a groundbreaking and eye-opening documentary, featuring remarkable revelations from the world's most legendary band. This is the first film to ever trace the evolution of the Rolling Stones from 1963, making it the ultimate Stones experience. The film will be showcased in September as part of the Rolling Stones 50th anniversary celebrations.
"We are thrilled to continue our relationship with the Rolling Stones and help to bring this extraordinary documentary film to millions of fans," said Terry Shand, Eagle Rock chairman and CEO.

The film is a cinematic journey through the incredible eye of director Brett Morgen, capturing hours of never-before-seen footage in a rare, uncensored format that reveals the band's vivid stories told through their eyes and their voices. With paramount access to the band and their materials retrieved from vaults and personal archives, Morgen captures astonishing new interviews and footage. "For anyone who wants to experience the band, this is the film that will defy convention and create a sonic tapestry to transport viewers into the world of the Rolling Stones," said Morgen, an Academy Award nominee who is known for esteemed work on The Kid Stays in the Picture among many other projects. "The film will deliver the original, bold, sexy and dangerous flavor of the iconic rock band."

Fans go on the road, in the studio, behind the scenes, and witness each band member's personal, unfiltered perspective on the legendary life of the Rolling Stones - embarking on a journey through 50 years of sex, drugs, and rock and roll.
The film is executive produced by the Rolling Stones, produced by Victoria Pearman, co-produced by Morgan Neville and directed by Brett Morgen.
It has previously been announced that Thames & Hudson will release the only official and authorized book The Rolling Stones: 50 to celebrate the band's 50th anniversary on July 12. The book has been possible by privileged access to superb reportage photography from the Daily Mirror's archive, the largest newspaper collection of Rolling Stones photography, most of it hitherto unseen. This photographic autobiography features images selected by the band accompanied by their own words.
Eagle Rock Entertainment is the largest producer and distributor of music programming for DVD, Blu-ray, TV, Audio and Digital Media in the world. Eagle works directly alongside talent to produce top quality, High Definition and 3D programs, both concerts and documentaries, including The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, The Who, Queen, The Doors, Jeff Beck, U2, Peter Gabriel, Paul McCartney and Ozzy Osbourne. Eagle is a Grammy Award winning company and has received over 30 multi-platinum, over 50 platinum and over 90 gold discs, worldwide. Eagle Rock Entertainment has offices in London, New York, Toronto, Paris and Hamburg.

# # #

It does mention the book to be released on the 50th anniversary on July 12, 2012.

Date: March 21, 2012 23:22

Britney
His Majesty
Britney
GumbootCloggeroo
Nothing new here...

Don't be stupid.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: March 21, 2012 23:46

So...is there to be no mention of the Rollin Stones?

Date: March 21, 2012 23:47

24FPS

That is just under 2 minutes per year on average.

Should be lots of time to do a very thorough job of covering the entire history of the band, the various players, influences, songs, albums, tours, wives, 'incidents', offspring.

Date: March 21, 2012 23:50

24FPS

It'd bloody need to be. Especially if they're talking about 80% of it being 'unseen' footage.

Cue an hour and a half of MTV-esque 'jump cuts' and worthless 30 second snippets of music.

Date: March 21, 2012 23:54

His Majesty
Britney
His Majesty
Britney
GumbootCloggeroo
Nothing new here...

Don't be stupid.

You do of course realize Britney was actually quoting Keith?

Date: March 21, 2012 23:59

treaclefingers

Yes and he's being stupid too.

Yah can't change what happened in the past, The Rolling Stones were formed in 1962.

Date: March 22, 2012 00:26

His Majesty
treaclefingers

Yes and he's being stupid too.

Yah can't change what happened in the past, The Rolling Stones were formed in 1962.

While I of course agree with you, I think Britney's wink was the clue that she was joking.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1622
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home