Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 38
Re: Stones tour pushed back to 2013
Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 20, 2012 16:03

Gazza
I've also never understood why a band who we're told (ad nauseam) love performing so much have never even made a single public performance of any kind outside the confines of a mega tour since 1979.

Excellent point, Gazza. But that's just one aspect of our beloved band where reality did not quite match the myth. It only confirms that all talk is cheap and

ACTION IS THE WORD!

And now we're back on topic...anniversary tour etc. etc. pp.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 20, 2012 16:17

Gazza: spot on as normal.

The Shine A light promo tour was the ideal opportunity as they were all together in various cities.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: March 20, 2012 16:19

alimente
Gazza
I've also never understood why a band who we're told (ad nauseam) love performing so much have never even made a single public performance of any kind outside the confines of a mega tour since 1979.

Excellent point, Gazza. But that's just one aspect of our beloved band where reality did not quite match the myth. It only confirms that all talk is cheap and

ACTION IS THE WORD!

ha..in other words, they are full of sh*t !

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 20, 2012 16:25

Eleanor Rigby
alimente
Gazza

ACTION IS THE WORD!

ha..in other words, they are full of sh*t !

You can keep the money pal...by keep, I mean hold it for me until I get it from you later.

Posted by: bjornone ()
Date: March 20, 2012 17:52

Which insurance company will back up Keith? (and thus the rest of the organization). It make Greek bonds look like a safe bet. eye popping smiley

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: March 20, 2012 18:08

Please let us make PEACE with this thread! It´s been all said and done ....

Re: Stones tour pushed back to 2013- Keith's health a concern
Date: March 20, 2012 18:30

duke richardson
So Keith can go ahead and do a new Winos album

Yes, I've been waiting for this since 1992.

Date: March 20, 2012 19:29

treaclefingers
You can keep the money pal...

Ha! I never forget Keiths facial expression when he said this, answering a reporters question concerning the ticket prices...suddenly all coolness was gone, it was like somebody was pissing all over his toes.

Date: March 20, 2012 19:58

Keith just may need to practice more, that's all.

We do know he IS Losing his Touch, and Losing his Balance...

But he has the best doctors.

I just hope he's eating healthy.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: March 20, 2012 20:09

Keith was ready then, he's ready now!!!

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: March 20, 2012 20:28

Am I the only one who is more interested in new studio work by (members of) the band? I really don't look forward to paying a massive amount of money to see the Stones in some Megadome again playing worse then the last time I saw them.

Only if they change the routine entirely (size of the venues, ticket prices, set lists, new arrangements, lots of new songs/covers, less Chuck, horns and Blondie) would I be interested in a new tour.

I prefer to put on some old boot/record from past times and spend my money on bands that actually deliver live on stage. One Stones gig = multiple 'normal' concerts. Easy choice.

Werchter 2007 was an eye opener, I guess...

Date: March 20, 2012 20:34

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 20, 2012 21:01

The GR
Gazza: spot on as normal.

The Shine A light promo tour was the ideal opportunity as they were all together in various cities.

Another occasion when it was rumoured they might do a run of shows in selected cities and didn't.

Charlie is also on record as saying that the band discussed playing some shows to promote the Exile reissue in 2010, but eventually decided they couldn't be bothered.

The message is pretty simple. If there's not a nine-figure offer on the table, they have no interest.

And yet some people persist with this harebrained notion that the band's future as a performing act will be in 'one off shows'.

Those shows also take a few weeks of rehearsal it seems, and the band are unlikely at this stage in their career to change what is (literally) the habits of a lifetime.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-20 21:03 by Gazza.

Date: March 20, 2012 21:02

mr edward
Am I the only one who is more interested in new studio work by (members of) the band? I really don't look forward to paying a massive amount of money to see the Stones in some Megadome again playing worse then the last time I saw them.

Only if they change the routine entirely (size of the venues, ticket prices, set lists, new arrangements, lots of new songs/covers, less Chuck, horns and Blondie) would I be interested in a new tour.

I prefer to put on some old boot/record from past times and spend my money on bands that actually deliver live on stage. One Stones gig = multiple 'normal' concerts. Easy choice.

Werchter 2007 was an eye opener, I guess...

You're not the only one...I stand firmly by your side!

New studio work? Hhhhhm, don't know really. If it's good, yes. If it's like "Stealing My Heart", it's just stealing my time.

If you really ask me, I would love to see 60's archives opened. I've said it before and I say it again - if they celebrate the 50th Anniversary, they must be aware that they started in the 60's and not in the early 70's...if you gotta deal with ABKCO - DO IT, just for the sake of glory...!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 20, 2012 21:05

I thought that the Shine A Light movie and the media attention had
the value of a small "tour". There even was a little hype.

Unfortunately they were never a band who could meet, jam and perform
without a big tour. But then again, that is what makes them special.
They are no band for that Live Aid kind of things.

Posted by: Raluca ()
Date: March 20, 2012 21:19

The last great tour was 2002/03. I loved the indoor-concerts like Munich or Paris. They did "Can´t You Hear Me Knockin" and other great stuff. ABB-Tour was the worst of all. They destroyed themselves.

Greetings Raluca

Date: March 20, 2012 21:21

Raluca
The last great tour was 2002/03. I loved the indoor-concerts like Munich or Paris. They did "Can´t You Hear Me Knockin" and other great stuff. ABB-Tour was the worst of all. They destroyed themselves.

Greetings Raluca

I must disagree...I saw Toronto in 2005 and Vancouver 2006 and both were excellent shows.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: March 20, 2012 21:57

steel driving hammer

Although it's been decades since, I wonder if the combined experiences of Hyde Park and of course Altamont in '69 maybe soured the band on one off shows. I'm not sure if you can count the Toronto SARS benefit since that was a festival sized line-up.

Because the band are creatures of habit and very set in their ways it wouldn't surprise me if the next tour isn't more of the same as what we've had since '89-hopefully stripped down and with longer breaks between gigs. That is probably part of the conundrum the band is in, they've built this monster and now how do you at least partially dismantle it so to speak. It will be interesting to see what transpires between now and 2013. But if it's a World Tour 2013-14 but with longer rest periods between show sets, it wouldn't surprise me.

If they record even a few songs this year it's going to give them essentially 2, 2 and half albums of new material available to them to perform since '07. Unfortunately, it would stand to reason that any future tours will include shorter shows which sadly means one thing-Warhorse City. I could see 12-15 song setlists for the next tour, which wouldn't leave much room for any obscurities.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 20, 2012 22:17

Maybe they're trying to gain some hype? Perhaps at present time there isn't enough interest in The Stones, apart from us of course. Since this latest announcement a few people at work have talked to me about The Stones because it's in the media. After all they can't survive on us alone. What is the average percentage of maniacs at their concerts, maybe ten? With most others being there for the sake of having a day out. I think it's been this way for a long time. Anyhow, let's hope it all gets worked out so we can rock and roll once again! Or maybe more if we're luckywinking smiley

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 20, 2012 22:58

mr edward

I think there's a better chance of a Beatles reunion than that happening.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 20, 2012 23:16

andrewt
I think there's a better chance of a Beatles reunion than that happening.

grinning smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: March 20, 2012 23:46

The most money they could get is Vegas. They cut down on a ton of overhead that way. And, have the opportunity for more shows. They can get away with doing shorter shows as well.

Date: March 20, 2012 23:58

SweetThing
The most money they could get is Vegas. They cut down on a ton of overhead that way. And, have the opportunity for more shows. They can get away with doing shorter shows as well.

yes, but they'd have to do two shows a night, a dinner show at 6:00 pm and a cocktail show at 9:30 pm.

Posted by: Highwire.uk ()
Date: March 21, 2012 00:01

Well i have read most of this thread and I would like to add a comment.
One We are told that there is hpoe of a new album
We are told they are planning to do shows hopefully
We are told that Bill may be back.
What are a lot of fans down about.They are still a band and with any luck fans will get to hear them and see them in the next 12 months.
I think Keith will pull it out of the bag he always does.
Bill & Charlie will be behind him not some session men it will be his comfort zone and will drive him on.
Anyone who really knows the Stones music and how they interact with each other knows that if Bill & Charlie are there things will be in safe hands.
Dont worry re Mick Taylor not needed Ronnie & Keith can do the job.
Honest Dont worry they will be back and blow us all away.
My first show Hyde park Last show O2.
lots of other shows never have they let me down.EVER

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 21, 2012 00:15

treaclefingers
SweetThing

yes, but they'd have to do two shows a night, a dinner show at 6:00 pm and a cocktail show at 9:30 pm.
No they don't. Santana,ELton John,Motley Crue among otehrs have done residencies tehre without doing 2 shows a night. Do one show and charge double is the rule of thumb tehse days.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 21, 2012 01:02

sweetcharmedlife
treaclefingers
SweetThing

No they don't. Santana,ELton John,Motley Crue among otehrs have done residencies tehre without doing 2 shows a night. Do one show and charge double is the rule of thumb tehse days.

EJ Tix go for $500 down to $55. Then the artist gets their own store which sells their merchandise exclusively, and in Vegas, it sells a lot! ...even from those that don't attend the shows.

Date: March 21, 2012 01:35

I predict the tour, IF it happens, will be very similar to past tours... longer breaks though, shorter set list by 1-2 songs

they will do more shows in certain big cities but eventually if they want the money they'll have to go to the usual cities... not everyone can travel to NYC for a Stones show..

and they are not going to mobilize for a tour unless there is A LOT of money on the table....

Date: March 21, 2012 01:35

muenke

Are you saying this thread is a done deal?

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: March 21, 2012 01:54

Gazza
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
I've never understood why the Stones can't tour like all other bands do.

Likewise.

I would speculate that as they don't see each other as much as they did in the 60's or 70's, the only real time they get together has been these massive tours which then force them to get in shape and rehearse. Outside of the giant mega-tour context, I can't see them doing any public performance- with the exception of gigs like the Super Bowl (but by that point, they were already greased and oiled) unless already into a tour.

Date: March 21, 2012 01:55

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
muenke

Are you saying this thread is a done deal?

You have to "read between the lines"..... smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1881
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home