Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What if The Rolling Stones are born in America, would that have influenced their music?
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 1, 2012 17:20

What if Napoleon had a Sherman tank at Waterloo?

Re: What if The Rolling Stones are born in America, would that have influenced their music?
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 1, 2012 18:45

America really would be a "World Superpower in Rock Music" if The Stones were born there..The Stones,Elvis

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: March 1, 2012 19:06

colonial
America really would be a "World Superpower in Rock Music" if The Stones were born there..The Stones,Elvis
eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: March 1, 2012 23:39

24FPS
Do we have a thread titled 'Stupidest Threads' yet?

Ah man, I thought it was clever! Makes you think. The Stones in particular were so good at making young Americans appreciative of their musical heritage. How many white suburban peeps would know who Howlin' Wolf and Muddy Waters were if the Stones & other (mostly) English musicians hadn't schooled us?

Have you read Keith's book? He in particular seems to have almost mythologized American music and landscape when he was a young man. But what if he had grown up here? He probably would have taken it for granted and not been all that intrigued. Just like I grew up idolizing British musicians mostly, because they were different and exotic.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: March 2, 2012 18:44

Claire_M
24FPS
Do we have a thread titled 'Stupidest Threads' yet?

Ah man, I thought it was clever! Makes you think. The Stones in particular were so good at making young Americans appreciative of their musical heritage. How many white suburban peeps would know who Howlin' Wolf and Muddy Waters were if the Stones & other (mostly) English musicians hadn't schooled us?

Have you read Keith's book? He in particular seems to have almost mythologized American music and landscape when he was a young man. But what if he had grown up here? He probably would have taken it for granted and not been all that intrigued. Just like I grew up idolizing British musicians mostly, because they were different and exotic.

Agree!!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 2, 2012 19:40

steffiestones
I'm just wondering.

While in America they listened to Frankie Avalon & Paul Anka ....we got the Beatles & the Stones in England winking smiley

I am kidding in case some of you don't know.
Am I kidding ?

It's like usually more hard rock bands are from the US, UK have" brit pop bands ".

Very interesting question btw,steffiestones .
If the Stones were born in America ,in the late 40's .....well .
They couldn't be the Rolling Stones .

Reminds me an interview from Jagger on the Shine aLight movie -don't know where to find it anymore- when a Japonease journalist asked him :
"If you weren't Mick Jagger .."
Does anyone knows what I am talking about ?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1623
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home