Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Are Stones Fans Less Civil Than Beatles Fans?
Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: February 24, 2012 23:51

In all the years the Beatles were my number one band (and I posted on Beatles sites) I never once encountered the kind of wrath I have encountered in the last year or so as a fan of the Rolling Stones on this site. Maybe I am not tough enough (as a lady) to be caught up in all this testosterone? I often wonder how Mick's girlfriend would feel tuning in here and listening to some of the mean spirited comments that have been directed towards Mick, (the song Streets Of Love) and other members that post here, including myself. I once heard that the Beatles had far more female fans than the Stones did. Regardless, I am getting the impression that female posters around here (especially if they have strong and dramatic opinions that are contrary to the opinions of the majority) are really not welcome.

Re: Are Stones Fans Less Civil Than Beatles Fans?
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 24, 2012 23:54

Are some people more egotistical or stupider than others?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 24, 2012 23:58

Childish board members who post delusional rants are not welcome.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: February 24, 2012 23:59

thewatchman
In all the years the Beatles were my number one band (and I posted on Beatles sites) I never once encountered the kind of wrath I have encountered in the last year or so as a fan of the Rolling Stones on this site. Maybe I am not tough enough (as a lady) to be caught up in all this testosterone? I often wonder how Mick's girlfriend would feel tuning in here and listening to some of the mean spirited comments that have been directed towards Mick, (the song Streets Of Love) and other members that post here, including myself. I once heard that the Beatles had far more female fans than the Stones did. Regardless, I am getting the impression that female posters around here (especially if they have strong and dramatic opinions that are contrary to the opinions of the majority) are really not welcome.

Now, now, now, girl -dont cry... have the boys been mean to you. Boys play rough sometimes. Dont cry. Here, - have biscuit. What if I would make nice hot cup of chocklate milk, then we can play with the Barbie, ok.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 25, 2012 00:00

... especially when they make countless idiotic, nonsensical posts about fake Beatles reunions with the dead member's sons.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 25, 2012 00:59

No, but maybe the sons of Stones fans are less civil than the sons of Beatles fans. smoking smiley

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 25, 2012 01:06

Are they fcuk.

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: February 25, 2012 01:14

Nope, possibly less nerdy tho...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 25, 2012 01:25

I don't know any Beatles fans.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 25, 2012 01:28

thewatchman
In all the years the Beatles were my number one band (and I posted on Beatles sites) I never once encountered the kind of wrath I have encountered in the last year or so as a fan of the Rolling Stones on this site.

Why don't you just stay over there on all those wonderful Beatles sites? Unless, of course, they've all banned your sorry ass.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: February 25, 2012 01:30

thewatchman
Hi Watchman...This is the first fan site I've belonged to so I can't really weigh in on the Stones vs. Beatles fan sites...I've blogged on other forums...I usually find there's a mix of some spirited, open, funny, compassionate people, but there always seems to be a few that are just downers. I try to stay away from them - life's tough enough. The advent of the internet seems to have spawned a new type of bully - we can't see their faces so they can be hateful (maybe it's not that new - the KKK hid themselves in sheets). I say screw 'em...We're all here to share our love of the Stones...It shouldn't be a negative place...
Cheers,
Memphis smoking smiley

Date: February 25, 2012 01:35

Well said memphiscats

-------------------

Date: February 25, 2012 01:36

tatters
thewatchman
In all the years the Beatles were my number one band (and I posted on Beatles sites) I never once encountered the kind of wrath I have encountered in the last year or so as a fan of the Rolling Stones on this site.

Why don't you just stay over there on all those wonderful Beatles sites? Unless, of course, they've all banned your sorry ass.

Probably because she's exhausted her audience at those boards and has moved on to unchartered waters here where people are still humoring her and her lame posts?

Date: February 25, 2012 01:45

Hey everybody, enjoy this calm before the big storm! No doubt watchman is in the corner hiding away from the board until this and her other thread blow over, but rest assured she'll be back with a vengeance with the "I told you so's" and "What did I tell you??" when the Stones make any kind of announcement about the tour. And then we shall see a steady flow of even more useless posts to come when the Olympics start and she ressurects this Beatles-sons bit all over again. By then she'll assume we've all forgotten about this mess so it'll be okay to bring it up again and again. I've got her figured out.

Date: February 25, 2012 01:53

Justin
I've got her figured out.

CONGRATULATIONS

-------------------

Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: February 25, 2012 02:05

Why should you bother about some 'digital' board?

Why not instead, concentrate on your own 'analog' life, and whisper your "strong and dramatic opinions" in the ear of somebody you do love?

Come on Girl, dust off your turntable, and listen to some nice Beatles and Stones EP's on vinyl.

Throw your laptop out the window, and forget about internet.

Let The Good Times Roll

Posted by: atip ()
Date: February 25, 2012 02:19

I reckon there are more females on Beatles sites, and that's why they're more 'civil', if in fact they are.

Date: February 25, 2012 02:47

Justin
Hey everybody, enjoy this calm before the big storm! No doubt watchman is in the corner hiding away from the board until this and her other thread blow over, but rest assured she'll be back with a vengeance with the "I told you so's" and "What did I tell you??" when the Stones make any kind of announcement about the tour. And then we shall see a steady flow of even more useless posts to come when the Olympics start and she ressurects this Beatles-sons bit all over again. By then she'll assume we've all forgotten about this mess so it'll be okay to bring it up again and again. I've got her figured out.

You left out the son's of the son's of The Beatles etc...

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: February 25, 2012 08:22

hey thewatchman i've always thought ya were a bloke..cheers mate

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: ab ()
Date: February 25, 2012 09:03

Yes. You got a problem with that?

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: February 25, 2012 09:21

Things have to be said as they really are
On this forum, you have some people who are vulgar rude agressive unpleasant intolerant racist. They will recognize themselves.
yeahh that's life !
The real point is to avoid them and you will feel better !

Date: February 25, 2012 16:19

atip
I reckon there are more females on Beatles sites, and that's why they're more 'civil', if in fact they are.

I envision them as all being kinda like this.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 25, 2012 17:08

On behalf of thewatchman and all us poor little helpless females....

Posted by: stones1962 ()
Date: February 25, 2012 17:59

I've never been on any Beatles sites, but by everyone responding they way they are I think theWatchman is proving his/her point.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 18:07 by stones1962.

Date: February 25, 2012 18:03

stones1962
I've never been on any Beatles sites, but by everyone responding they way they are I think theWatchman is proving her point.

thewatchman is a man, baby!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 25, 2012 18:20

"Maybe I am not tough enough (as a lady) to be caught up in all this testosterone?"

Well, (s)he had me fooled.

Posted by: stones1962 ()
Date: February 25, 2012 18:27

Green Lady
"Maybe I am not tough enough (as a lady) to be caught up in all this testosterone?"

Well, (s)he had me fooled.

I'm with you.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 25, 2012 19:50

Typical Beatles fans - harmless, without opinion, listeninig to music like "She Loves You", having a house in the suburb, a nice husband/wife, two kids and a car in the garage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 21:16 by mtaylor.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 25, 2012 20:18

I have no idea about Beatles fans - I think they must be a pretty desperate lot, not having had any new material in 40 years - but since the lovable Fab Four moptops were the original boy band, I suppose they must have (had) mostly female fans.

I have never perceived any bias on IORR related to any Stones fan's gender.

But attention-seeking, inane posters of any description will find they have worn out their welcome here after awhile.

-Mlle Bliss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 21:12 by Bliss.

Date: February 25, 2012 21:24

mtaylor
Typical Beatles fans - harmless, without opinion, listeninig to music like "She Loves You", having a house in the suburb, a nice husband/wife, two kids and a car in the garage.

Why that almost sounds like you're describing a typical American mentality towards Canadiens.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 21:24 by WeLoveToPlayTheBlues.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1661
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home