Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Guitar solo Honky Tonk Women
Posted by: JoT839 ()
Date: February 26, 2012 00:36

Hi IORR guitar players,

Is anyone able to tab the 3 note solo Keith does on Honky Tonk Women (as in Live In Texas for example)?...simple but yet amazing..

Sorry to disturb with this ignorant question in all the "keith cannot play" discussions...I thought it was very cool seeing Keith play slide (last time in 99, right?) on the acoustic...

JoT

Re: Guitar solo Honky Tonk Women
Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: February 26, 2012 01:47

Not all of it, but at least the 3 note parts along the G,A and D chords. You can easily figure out the in between parts. Well, you go in open-G tuning. Bend g-string at fifth fret followed by picking b and e strings at 3rd fret.Goes like da-da-da, da-da-da, da-da-da five times or something. Then you move one fret down and do the same thing maybe one time or two: Bend g string at 4th fret followed by picking b and e strings at 2nd fret (this is played along the A chord). Then you go up doing the same thing by bending g string at 9th fret followed by picking b and e strings at 7th fret (played along the D chord). It's on Love you line version too.
No tab, but should be like this. If you figure out this kind of phrasing, I think you'll get pretty close. I hope it helped.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 26, 2012 10:53

I learnt the LYL version recently, in standard tuning.

I just listened to it over and over and over and over using an A/B loop (VLC Player)... (I'm a slow learner).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-26 10:54 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 26, 2012 12:15

One of the best guiatr solos of every time. A combination of arpegios just following the chords , and a mixture of major and minor G pentatonic scales will help to get a nice solo similar to the LYL version

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: February 26, 2012 12:31

There is a very good clip of a guy n Yout Tube playing the Love youmLive solo note for note...if you use the advice from Kirk coupled with this you will nail it in an hour. Great solo, one of Keith's best.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1665
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home