Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: IORR Main Page
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 27, 2012 23:04

Rolling Hansie
Very simple rule. If something is working good, don't try to make it better.

Don't agree......you probably meant if something is't broke don't fixed it winking smiley

Audi did make great cars in the 90's but I prefer the 2012 versions ...........they for sure made them better grinning smiley

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: February 28, 2012 00:41

bv
Repainting Mona Lisa or The Scream? To a more modern design? Eh? Will it add value? Every time I change something on IORR there are lots and lots of complaints. Ask youself this: What would the add value be?

I don't have time or money for paid assistance here. Remember IORR is not for profit, free to you, no income to pay for work, design or ideas. If someone is coming up with a great new idea or design then may be, or may be not. I am just as bored with the IORR home page as you, but I am just too busy to spend a day or a week on a new design... And my priority is 100% on content and visibility on the net, very little on design.

Finally an advice from me as a web analytics professional. The home page is over-estimated. Most companies pay too much for a home page design, and they redesign every 2-3 years. Still, with a great search visibility,like IORR being on the Google top 10 worldwide, most people do never see the home page. They search and land on the actual contents. So a redesign would have to work for all pages, all contents. And IORR has got a million or so unique pages. This is a hint on why I don't have time right now. I might write a script that replaced all styles and icons and links and stuff on all IORR pages, but it would take more than an hour. More than a week actually. And I would never break one basic rule on being on top of international search: Never change any web addresses i.e. keep all URL's forever...

Bjornulf
IORR Editor

All I really meant was a new band photo or something, sheesh! You do great work bv, don't get the wrong impression dude.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 28, 2012 01:37

Rolling Hansie

Don't agree......you probably meant if something is't broke don't fixed it winking smiley

Audi did make great cars in the 90's but I prefer the 2012 versions ...........they for sure made them better grinning smiley

Sorry for the 2ble post..............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-28 01:38 by NICOS.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 28, 2012 01:54

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 28, 2012 01:57

NICOS
Rolling Hansie

Exactly, that would be like saying, 'if you've already made Beggar's Banquet, dont try making Let It Bleed'.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 28, 2012 01:59

treaclefingers
NICOS
Rolling Hansie

Exactly, that would be like saying, 'if you've already made Beggar's Banquet, dont try making Let It Bleed'.

And then they went on to make "Dirty Work" and what did you say?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 28, 2012 02:11

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
NICOS
Rolling Hansie

And then they went on to make "Dirty Work" and what did you say?

Too much tweaking!

Posted by: novica ()
Date: February 28, 2012 08:07

@BV:
don't change a thing !!!!

PLEASE !

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 28, 2012 09:31

novica
@BV:
don't change a thing !!!!

PLEASE !

thumbs up

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2249
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home