Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: After watching Mick last night at The White House. Can you see another full tour?
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: February 22, 2012 19:07

Erik_Snow
One couldn't imagine a 3 month tour to follow Philadelphia 1981, but they did just fine once they got going for some weeks. I don't think Jagger is the problem for a 2012 tour. The problem is....someone else.

That "someone else" will try to perform this friday, let´s wait and see but if this "someone else" is in the same shape as when he played with Johnny Depp, then i hope it´s over forever. I hate to see this great icon and guitarplayer make a fool of himself.

Re: After watching Mick last night at The White House. Can you see another full tour?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 22, 2012 19:10

Ket
Gold Coast Slave Ship
Just watched on youtube Mick's performance at the White House, and I have to say he needs to retire! I felt uncomfortable watching it! Sorry lads if you don't like my opinion! Cheers!

well don't watch anymore, I thought he was brilliant

Agreed...GCSS shouldn't be made to feel uncomfortable.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: February 22, 2012 19:14

MJ ought to retire, this is not a shame and he can do different things. I do not need a Jagger loosing his breathe.

Posted by: LillithFlair ()
Date: February 22, 2012 19:18

Max'sKansasCity

*snerk* Max's this is why you're my favorite poster on this board!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: February 22, 2012 19:19

Dude probably had a cold.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: February 22, 2012 19:19

perhaps Mick was nervous and out of breath because he knew that there would be dorks with too much time on their hands on the internet analyzing every single minute detail of his performance and posting still photographs of him and judging him based on a millisecond of his life, noticing that his left eyeball is slightly closed or that his mouth is slightly crusty or that his shoes aren't as red as they should be and therefore that indicates that he's not ready for a tour and should retire.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 22, 2012 19:20

I'd like to see Mick dancing around and running less... just sit down on a stool and sing. Keith sitting down next to him.
They'd would just get up and move around when they felt like it.
Ronnie and Mick Taylor would be behind them (more stools, chairs, refrigerator...)...
everyone knows that, like water in a nuclear reactor,
you can never have too many guitarists. Also... Charlie and Bill would there too, doin' what they do.

Like the one last night, it would be a live, streamed concert, but not at the White House.
Probably at the Beacon Theater again, but without a president and a filmmaker this time.
This time I'd get to go... because of that iorr t-shirt and all... and all those silly GIFs in the ATTIC.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: February 22, 2012 19:21

turn you loose was a very difficult one to start a show..
sure some one shot perfs is the way to go on. And this could be spectacular as the demand is still here. Few shows here and there in theaters... wild.
And why not that kind of set with guests and friends to play the blues with Buddy (75 years old) and others ? after all they started with blues

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-22 19:25 by toomuchforme.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 22, 2012 19:24

LillithFlair
Thanks Lillith smiling smiley You make me smile, where have you been?

Date: February 22, 2012 19:27

Max'sKansasCity
LillithFlair

I've been lurking on the board just not posting.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 22, 2012 19:28

scaffer
Naysayers of Mick's performance are delusional and/or flat out ignorant about singing and dancing on stage. It's not a matter of opinion. He was in no way fatigued and, on the contrary, was clearly energetic and capable of doing much more. As noted by readers above, he opened with a high intensity number, immediately went to an approximately three-minute speech, then launched into another song requiring strong vocals. On the basis of this performance it appears Mick can easily handle another long tour.

I agree with most everything you've said. He was also speakin gwith a 'room voice', respectively low. Not "'Ello WASHINGTON!!!". It's hard to switch gears like that for anyone at any age. Mick can obviously pull off an amazing show still. Does it mean he can handle a long tour? I'd say this video is inconclusive.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: February 22, 2012 19:30

schillid
I'd like to see Mick dancing around and running less... just sit down on a stool and sing. Keith sitting down next to him.

Oh come on man, you know the second they do that the avalanche/tsunami/nuclear bombs of complaints will start like a... well, avalanche tsunami nuclear bombs.

Mick did what Mick does, and he did it verry very well.... all that was missing was John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd dancing around and doing back flips.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-22 19:36 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: February 22, 2012 19:36

LillithFlair
Max'sKansasCity
LillithFlair

Well, it is good to hear from you. Dont be a stranger and dont let anybody run you off/keep you off. If you ever have any good news or rumors, I love to hear them... or if you have a good story, joke or just some fun stuff... always appreciated.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 22, 2012 19:42

ROPENI
l loved Mick's performance last night,but imo a 2 hr Stones show would be too much,at his age, just think if Mick, who is the one to take better care of himself,after one number was out of breath,the rest would drop dead on stage.If they to do some small shows,where they can pace themselves it may be doable,but a full Stadium show,l don't think so,although l hope l am wrong...

Of course, someone was going to start a thread about this.

As mentioned, not only was it a big event that he was most likely very nervous for...there was noticeable screw-ups during the song. This no doubt made his nerves extra frazzled....in that moment, your heart is racing, you're nervous if you can make it out of the song alive, your adrenaline is pumping and in your mind, you're starting to freak out. The fact that it's a tiny stage and the audience (of stiffs) are five feet in front of you also impacts the nerves. Then you add to that, that he has to read several lines of scripted jokes right after the songs, really does not make for a relaxed performance as he (or we) are used to. In a regular show, there is at least half a minute for him to gain his breath before the next song. Here, he literally had to give a mini-speech and be "host" after each song.

I'm not sure how anyone can just write him off and say that he's out of shape when we all know that the guy works out religiously. He knows his body and he knows how to pace himself. Didn't anyone notice just how he took control of the situation and eventually brought his nerves down as he was talking? He went from heaving panting to slow breaths and eventually gained his breath simply in a matter of seconds right in front of us.

No one has mentioned just how "out of breath" he was DURING the songs. He may have been gasping for some breath at the end of "Can't Turn You Loose" but he sure as hell sounded fine on "Commit a Crime" and "Miss You."

So now...let's cut this crap, shall we?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 22, 2012 19:44

JumpinJeppeFlash
Erik_Snow
One couldn't imagine a 3 month tour to follow Philadelphia 1981, but they did just fine once they got going for some weeks. I don't think Jagger is the problem for a 2012 tour. The problem is....someone else.

That "someone else" will try to perform this friday, let´s wait and see but if this "someone else" is in the same shape as when he played with Johnny Depp,

I bet the rest of Rolling Stones is also quite nervous about this Feb 24th concert....maybe the 2012 tour even depends on it. Fingers and ears crossed thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-22 21:06 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 22, 2012 19:45

Yes, but Mick might need an oxygen tank handy near by, judging from his shortness of breath. smoking smiley

Date: February 22, 2012 19:45

He is in good shape for his age, but it is hard to remain at the level on which he performed. Everything has to end one day.

Date: February 22, 2012 19:46

Max'sKansasCity
LillithFlair
Max'sKansasCity
LillithFlair

Well, it is good to hear from you. Dont be a stranger and dont let anybody run you off/keep you off. If you ever have any good news or rumors, I love to hear them... or if you have a good story, joke or just some fun stuff... always appreciated.

The latest I heard (as of a couple of weeks ago) makes me think there WILL be a tour but it will be a smaller one and not until end of the year or 2013. And Mick and Keith are STILL fighting. Funny story? Hmm a cute story, I was on the phone with Patti once who is VERY nice and down to earth, all of a sudden there is a commotion. Her nephew I think dropped his firetruck out a second story window at the house and she said to me do you see what I have to deal with? My only thought was that it was better than if Keith had dropped a TV out the window but I didn't say that!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 22, 2012 19:58

No

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 22, 2012 19:59

Justin
ROPENI
l loved Mick's performance last night,but imo a 2 hr Stones show would be too much,at his age, just think if Mick, who is the one to take better care of himself,after one number was out of breath,the rest would drop dead on stage.If they to do some small shows,where they can pace themselves it may be doable,but a full Stadium show,l don't think so,although l hope l am wrong...

As mentioned, not only was it a big event that he was most likely very nervous for...there was noticeable screw-ups during the song. This no doubt made his nerves extra frazzled....in that moment, your heart is racing, you're nervous if you can make it out of the song alive, your adrenaline is pumping and in your mind, you're starting to freak out. The fact that it's a tiny stage and the audience (of stiffs) are five feet in front of you also impacts the nerves. Then you add to that, that he has to read several lines of scripted jokes right after the songs, really does not make for a relaxed performance as he (or we) are used to. In a regular show, there is at least half a minute for him to gain his breath before the next song. Here, he literally had to give a mini-speech and be "host" after each song.

I'm not sure how anyone can just write him off and say that he's out of shape when we all know that the guy works out religiously. He knows his body and he knows how to pace himself. Didn't anyone notice just how he took control of the situation and eventually brought his nerves down as he was talking? He went from heaving panting to slow breaths and eventually gained his breath simply in a matter of seconds right in front of us.

No one has mentioned just how "out of breath" he was DURING the songs. He may have been gasping for some breath at the end of "Can't Turn You Loose" but he sure as hell sounded fine on "Commit a Crime" and "Miss You."

Yes sa Massa , Crap will be be cut out,anything else you would like us to do?

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: February 22, 2012 20:04

LillithFlair
Max'sKansasCity
LillithFlair
Max'sKansasCity
LillithFlair

The latest I heard (as of a couple of weeks ago) makes me think there WILL be a tour but it will be a smaller one and not until end of the year or 2013. And Mick and Keith are STILL fighting. Funny story? Hmm a cute story, I was on the phone with Patti once who is VERY nice and down to earth, all of a sudden there is a commotion. Her nephew I think dropped his firetruck out a second story window at the house and she said to me do you see what I have to deal with? My only thought was that it was better than if Keith had dropped a TV out the window but I didn't say that!
good call...LOL, FUNNY!! BIG SMILES!!!!smiling smiley

Thank you for the good info, your tour info makes a lot of sense, as usual. smiling smiley It does make a lot of sense for them to start doing smaller shows/shorter tour, of course, my only concern about that is it will shut out a lot of people who dont have the money for what will be extra pricey ($1000+... and I understand those prices and the law of supply and demand) pricey tickets. Maybe they will take of care of the poor fans.... maybe they can sell most of the tickets to the rich 1%ers and make a mint on them and then maybe reserve 5-10% of the tickets for poor fans like me. Make rules that we/me have to have been active members of IORR(and similar crazy fan boards)(crazy like be an old person who still thinks and posts on these boards like we are still 15 year old winking smiley ) and only allow people who dont say mean things about the Stones, and it is ok to make people jump through some hoops (e.g. show ID get wrist bands) and NOT SCALP TICKETS.... and maybe they could let us poor folks buy tickets at 1996 prices, or something... I can always hope.

Thank you for the funny story and good info Lillith, You're the bestthumbs up

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-22 22:27 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 22, 2012 20:12

Mick rocked,,,And never looked better...At least not since 1989!!
Sad, Keith should have been there...Then it would have been ever better.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 22, 2012 20:14

If MJ needs oxygen, let's wait to see KR.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 22, 2012 20:19

Exactly, MT, he trains for a tour.

Plus I agree with others that he seemed extremely nervous, and during a show has control over the pacing,
without having to talk for an extended period after the first tune.

I have no doubt that he can do a tour.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 22, 2012 20:32

Right on, Justin! I think that the reality of it is that men 20 years younger than Mick would have collapsed if they'd done that gig!! He is a one of a kind consummate performer! He had so much going on but in the end, he had a great time, you could tell by his smile during the finale. I was so thrilled for him! It was like watching your favorite runner win the marathon, way ahead of the pack!

Date: February 22, 2012 20:44

So there are new speculations: A minute ago Jerry Hall said in a German tv show that the Stones will do another tour.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: February 22, 2012 20:45

I wish Mick had done " Respectable" at the White House, >grinning smiley<

but this isnt bad either

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 22, 2012 20:54

SEITAN------LOL ....Right on...

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: February 22, 2012 20:54

Justin
ROPENI

+1, Justin. Well done thumbs up

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: February 22, 2012 21:00

JumpinJeppeFlash
Erik_Snow

That "someone else" will try to perform this friday, let´s wait and see but if this "someone else" is in the same shape as when he played with Johnny Depp, then i hope it´s over forever. I hate to see this great icon and guitarplayer make a fool of himself.

Tough words, but as far as I'm concerned, yes, you nailed it!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1356
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home