Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: (OT) News about a new chair
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 22, 2012 00:37

Erik_Snow
I just got myself a new chair. Made of brown leather. And very comfortable.
Sometimes life is wonderful.
This thread is not meant as an inspiration to change ones surroundings - but simply to inform about the pleasure of sitting on chair made of bull leather

>grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-22 00:37 by Redhotcarpet.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 22, 2012 00:42

GumbootCloggeroo
any update on the chair?

Thanks for asking !
Well - to my big surprise, the thrill of it all seems to somehow wear off, as the chair really does seem to wear out of ideas or something. It's still mighty mighty comfortable though; but I was really expecting some kinda surprises from it as the hours go by

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 22, 2012 00:46

Erik_Snow
GumbootCloggeroo
any update on the chair?

Thanks for asking !
Well - to my big surprise, the thrill of it all seems to somehow wear off, as the chair really does seem to wear out of ideas or something. It's still mighty mighty comfortable though; but I was really expecting some kinda surprises from it as the hours go by

May take more than a few hours for any surprises... They were still making quality as opposed to quantity 50 years ago. However, if & or when any of the springs do decide to go... surpRISE!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: February 22, 2012 00:48

Erik_Snow
GumbootCloggeroo
any update on the chair?

I might get set up a twitter account to give continuing updates on the chair, even though I myself leave the house. But to do that, I would need an employee - which would probably even demand salary, funded plans, health insurance etc etc. Hope to find somebody later this week, somebody stupid enough to not ask about these things

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-22 00:49 by Erik_Snow.

Date: February 22, 2012 00:50

mr_dja
Erik_Snow
GumbootCloggeroo
any update on the chair?

Thanks for asking !

May take more than a few hours for any surprises... They were still making quality as opposed to quantity 50 years ago. However, if & or when any of the springs do decide to go... surpRISE!

Peace,
Mr DJA

sigh of relief.....thanks, I needed to hear that

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 22, 2012 01:07

ROCKMAN

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-22 09:04 by Rockman.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: February 22, 2012 08:20

Chairy Oh Baby.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 22, 2012 08:42

Did you fall asleep in the chair tonight Erik?

By the way, good one scaffer.

BTW, did you know that chairomaya was a bullfrog?

Date: February 22, 2012 09:04

treaclefingers
Did you fall asleep in the chair tonight Erik?

No, I couldn't do that. But it was tempting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-22 12:02 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 22, 2012 09:06

Sorry, I opened this thread thinking it was a wig thread.

It's not and now I'm disappointed.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: February 22, 2012 09:08

Hey, it's the simple pleasures that are the best.
I just got a great pair of boot socks that are heaven to wear.
Sorry, no photos coming.

Date: February 22, 2012 09:09

@Rockman - I see you edited the post, sad story it was. But....it's the thought that counts

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 22, 2012 09:25

I don't give a sit about this.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: February 22, 2012 09:27

bean bag chair

Date: February 22, 2012 09:36

can we change the thread title?

"News about new hair"

Please, I'm desperate.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 22, 2012 09:54

Rockman - I see you edited the post,

Yes erik thought I'd just leave up for short read...

His family told the story at his funeral ... It actually bought the house down..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 22, 2012 10:51

Let us not forget the Stones' own tribute to Sonny & Chair's all time classic.

Date: February 22, 2012 14:41

A chair made out of hair.

And we talk about wigs now?

Date: February 22, 2012 14:56

I think we need to get to the seat of the problem.....

Date: February 22, 2012 14:57

Chair the picture with us...

Date: February 22, 2012 19:15

The lot of you need to quit stooling around.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 22, 2012 19:52

GumbootCloggeroo
Erik_Snow
Munichhilton
Where do you put your feet when you sit?

I place the feet next to the computer screen, so it's actually somewhat tiresome to lean over forward and to the left; to reach the keyboard to write something. So I guess I won't be writing that lenghty posts at IORR from now on, because of this.
Get yourself a wireless keyboard. Problem solved.

I prefer to just dictate to my scantily clad girlfriend and have her do all that tiresome pointing, clicking and typing. In fact I get tired just watching her try to keep up. Over. Got it honey? peace

Date: February 22, 2012 23:59

Naturalust
GumbootCloggeroo
Erik_Snow
Munichhilton
Where do you put your feet when you sit?

I place the feet next to the computer screen, so it's actually somewhat tiresome to lean over forward and to the left; to reach the keyboard to write something. So I guess I won't be writing that lenghty posts at IORR from now on, because of this.
Get yourself a wireless keyboard. Problem solved.

I prefer to just dictate to my scantily clad girlfriend and have her do all that tiresome pointing, clicking and typing. In fact I get tired just watching her try to keep up. Over. Got it honey? peace

Sounds as though you're scantily clad girlfriend could be put to more 'worthwhile' activities than those computer exercises.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: February 23, 2012 00:34

Erik, I got excited when I saw this thread!

I UNDERSTAND!

With all my back agonies, I could be more of druggie than Keith ever imagined.
But I'm...strong.

I have tried a zillion chairs and I'm get "miseries" in most of them.

Here's to many happy hours lounging in your chair...thinking deep thoughts or about nothing at all.

All best to you!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 23, 2012 01:08

stonesrule
Erik, I got excited when I saw this thread!

I UNDERSTAND!

With all my back agonies, I could be more of druggie than Keith ever imagined.
But I'm...strong.

I have tried a zillion chairs and I'm get "miseries" in most of them.

Here's to many happy hours lounging in your chair...thinking deep thoughts or about nothing at all.

All best to you!

I feel for you stonesrule, my wife had failed back surgery in her 20's and had problems ever since. For years she could only go to shopping malls, airports or concerts in a wheelchair, fortunately she hasn't needed it in 10 years, but shopping for chairs is a long process because she won't allow any furniture into our home that isn't either organic or at least 8 years old, but she always has these back pillows she keeps with her wherever she goes. As for me, I have this old brown leather chair full of age spots I keep 6 feet in front of my TV

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: February 23, 2012 05:11

Erik - thank you for this thread - it was chairitable to break up the monotony and fanboy gushing and fantasies. I would rather read about a new chair any day. Even about the vexations caused concerning the keyboard and your girlfriend trying to keep up with your quick wit with her slatternly typing.

To return the favor of posting substantive, compelling content, today I made the most astonishing sandwich --on toasted hazelnut bread-- consisting of melted Jarlsberg cheese, avocado, mixed greens, and olive tapenade.

- swiss

Date: February 23, 2012 05:43

swiss
Erik - thank you for this thread - it was chairitable to break up the monotony and fanboy gushing and fantasies. I would rather read about a new chair any day. Even about the vexations caused concerning the keyboard and your girlfriend trying to keep up with your quick wit with her slatternly typing.

To return the favor of posting substantive, compelling content, today I made the most astonishing sandwich --on toasted hazelnut bread-- consisting of melted Jarlsberg cheese, avocado, mixed greens, and olive tapenade.

- swiss

Avocado on a sandwich goes great with almost ANYTHING!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 23, 2012 05:44

swiss

- swiss

That sandwich sounds outstanding, but possibly it's not Erik's, but another's girlfriend doing the typing? Maybe Naturalust?

Date: February 23, 2012 05:51

Erik, I truly want to thank you for chairing this with us.

Date: February 23, 2012 07:25

swiss

- swiss

And thanks for sharing your menu. But really...Jarlsberg ? That's the local cheese from my location. I thought you only went for Emmentaler or Schabziger down in Switzerland....

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home