Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
JJF / 1972: Keith giving Charlie the finger
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 15, 2019 21:04

After the messed up ending...I think it´s pointed
into Charlie´s direction...must be the meanest
thing he ever did to him

[www.youtube.com]
at 3´33

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-15 21:08 by TooTough.

Re: JJF / MSG 1972: Keith giving Charlie the finger
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 15, 2019 21:06

I enjoy this clip more for the way Bobby gleefully and awkwardly slaps his tambourine like a little kid who just got a new toy.

Re: JJF / 1972: Keith giving Charlie the finger
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 15, 2019 21:36

He must have felt like Charlie left him hanging in the air

Date: August 15, 2019 21:52

Charlie must have punched Keith out after the show. " Don't you ever give me the finger again, You're my @#$%& one fingered rhythm guitarist".spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: August 15, 2019 21:54

Keith the A hole. If I were Charlie I would of taken Keith’s finger and jammed it up his you know what. What a jerk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-15 21:56 by Cooltoplady.

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: August 15, 2019 22:08

same concert, tumbling dice, mick taylor begins to noodle,
then keith yells to him "stop it man", at 3:13

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 15, 2019 22:26

Hahaha never noticed that.

But oh man, I dig that L&G version of "Flash". They really rocking the shit out of the song, incredible energy level, plus it is filmed very well. Not that the song is a winner always, but damn they were red hot then, at the very height of their powers as a band. Those young gods.

- Doxa

Date: August 15, 2019 22:28

Cooltoplady
Keith the A hole. If I were Charlie I would of taken Keith’s finger and jammed it up his you know what. What a jerk

Played in a band much? smiling smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 15, 2019 22:40

thomashanck

[www.youtube.com]

That's what our lip readers say...

But another thing is did Taylor pay any attention.... If we look what he would do in following tours, not much...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-15 22:41 by Doxa.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: August 15, 2019 22:42

Is he for sure flipping him off? of just saying "one" or something like that and his thumb and first finger are holding on to his pick?

Date: August 15, 2019 22:48

Doxa
thomashanck

[www.youtube.com]

That's what our lip readers say...

But another thing is did Taylor pay any attention.... If we look what he would do in following tours, not much...grinning smiley

- Doxa

He did, but rather stoic. In 1973, he completely ignored Keith's 'commands' indeed. But did Keith pay attention to Taylor ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-16 00:39 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: August 15, 2019 22:50

DandelionPowderman
Cooltoplady

No but my husband been playing for about 45 years. He wouldn’t put up with that. Keith is just a big mouth that hides behind his handlers

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 16, 2019 00:23

Meanwhile Mick laughing about it!

Date: August 16, 2019 00:28

Cooltoplady
DandelionPowderman
Cooltoplady

No but my husband been playing for about 45 years. He wouldn’t put up with that. Keith is just a big mouth that hides behind his handlers

And I can tell you that stuff like this looks way worse than it is. It's about adrenaline and will to succeed, not that anyone is an arsehole. smiling smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 16, 2019 00:33

Just the main musical director keeping his band on the right path.

Good lad.

grinning smiley

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: August 16, 2019 00:48

Well he did pull the blade on Briand and he strangled Ronnie. I wonder what really went on during the ER sessions.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: August 16, 2019 01:27

Keith did take a lot of drugs and drink a lot.

who knows what he was thinking?

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: August 16, 2019 01:59

English male friends, particularly drunk off their asses in their 20s/30s have a pretty rough and tumble, knock about way with each other.

I can't imagine Keith flipping the bird at Charlie would result in anything more than a smile from Charlie, or a similar response.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 16, 2019 02:15

…..just another day on da road ….

Guys close to each other can do those kinda things ……

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 16, 2019 05:00

peoplewitheyes
English male friends, particularly drunk off their asses in their 20s/30s have a pretty rough and tumble, knock about way with each other.

I can't imagine Keith flipping the bird at Charlie would result in anything more than a smile from Charlie, or a similar response.

This! That was friendly version of giving the finger smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 16, 2019 05:12

Charlie is the last person on Earth who would give a good goddamn if Keith gave him the finger. He probably just smirked and rolled his eyes.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: August 16, 2019 11:12

Think too much attention is being given to one instance in 57 years of playing together, Keith has always shown love and respect for Charles.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 16, 2019 13:12

DandelionPowderman
Cooltoplady

thumbs up grinning smiley

Date: August 16, 2019 15:45

That has always been one of my fave clips in the film. It was stuck in my mind, but I thought he had done it after "ADTL". So then I started to believe that maybe I';d imagined it because the first times I saw L&G I was tripping my brains out.

But I don't see this in the least bit as mean spirited. More as an inside joke "Oh you did it too me this time, after we worked so-and-so out at practice. I;m going to trip you up tomorrow night.."

Date: August 16, 2019 15:47

That has always been one of my fave clips in the film. It was stuck in my mind, but I thought he had done it after "ADTL". So then I started to believe that maybe I';d imagined it because the first times I saw L&G I was tripping my brains out.

But I don't see this in the least bit as mean spirited. More as an inside joke "Oh you did it too me this time, after we worked so-and-so out at practice. I;m going to trip you up tomorrow night.."

It surprises me how anyone can take this as a serious issue. and even if - they are lifers, in it together. If Keith can't tell Charlie to suck it, who can?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 16, 2019 17:35

It's just a joke.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 16, 2019 17:58

Cooltoplady
DandelionPowderman
Cooltoplady

I see your point Keith is the last person in the band to criticize Over the years he’s the one that should be given the finger for all his f ups.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: August 16, 2019 18:09

It's hillarious when Mick (J) laughs at Keef at the end. Reminds me of Rambler Marquee '71 when Keef is behind on the break. The whole band has a hard time not laughing. S**t happends - even Keith makes mistakes smileys with beer

Date: August 16, 2019 18:13

S.T.P
It's hillarious when Mick (J) laughs at Keef at the end. Reminds me of Rambler Marquee '71 when Keef is behind on the break. The whole band has a hard time not laughing. S**t happends - even Keith makes mistakes smileys with beer

He's not laughing at Keith. He's laughing at a car crash-ending, like he always does. Listen to the ending of Don't Lie To Me from Fort Worth 1972 among others smiling smiley

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: August 16, 2019 19:33

DandelionPowderman
S.T.P

He's not laughing at Keith. He's laughing at a car crash-ending, like he always does. Listen to the ending of Don't Lie To Me from Fort Worth 1972 among others smiling smiley

Yeah, sorry. Me bad -I agree, Of course it's the whole situation. When I was watching it, I was just curious to see who's fault it actually was... Anyway its a da*n good version, and the ending just ad to the energythumbs up

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1901
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home