Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: JJF / 1972: Keith giving Charlie the finger
Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: August 16, 2019 19:40

About "Don't lie to me", though MT starts his solo beautiful it's an aweful ending of it (IMO), but yeah, the ending is a wreckage too...

Date: August 16, 2019 19:43

Anyone in the band makes mistakes, but thats gutsingsmileys with beer

Date: August 16, 2019 19:45

S.T.P
DandelionPowderman
S.T.P
It's hillarious when Mick (J) laughs at Keef at the end. Reminds me of Rambler Marquee '71 when Keef is behind on the break. The whole band has a hard time not laughing. S**t happends - even Keith makes mistakes smileys with beer

He's not laughing at Keith. He's laughing at a car crash-ending, like he always does. Listen to the ending of Don't Lie To Me from Fort Worth 1972 among others smiling smiley

Yeah, sorry. Me bad -I agree, Of course it's the whole situation. When I was watching it, I was just curious to see who's fault it actually was... Anyway its a da*n good version, and the ending just ad to the energythumbs up

Yep, it's called real live music thumbs up

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 16, 2019 20:29

Keith is not giving Charlie the finger -he’s gesturing to Ted Newman Jones to turn the amps up.

It’s been brought to my attention that Keith does not tend to give the middle finger, but flick the V instead like many British people. When Keith gives the middle finger to any of his guitar techs he wants his amp to be turned up.

He does yell ‘stop @#$%& around’ to Taylor though.

Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-16 20:41 by Mathijs.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 16, 2019 20:44

Mathijs
Keith is not giving Charlie the finger -he’s gesturing to Ted Newman Jones to turn the amps up.

It’s been brought to my attention that Keith does not tend to give the middle finger, but flick the V instead like many British people. When Keith gives the middle finger to any of his guitar techs he wants his amp to be turned up.

Mathijs
Makes sense...it's way too presumptuous to assume that was what Keith was doing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-17 00:38 by keefriff99.

Date: August 16, 2019 20:56

Mathijs

Mathijs

Some enterpetation!!! You've got 10/10!!! Turn the amps upgrinning smiley

Date: August 16, 2019 20:57

...But he shure yells to Taylor though...

Date: August 16, 2019 21:02

Maybe Keith should start yelling: turn the monitors up..?

Date: August 16, 2019 21:08

Anyway, that was hillarioushot smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 16, 2019 21:37

Mathijs
Keith is not giving Charlie the finger -he’s gesturing to Ted Newman Jones to turn the amps up... When Keith gives the middle finger to any of his guitar techs he wants his amp to be turned up.

Mathijs

Makes sense ... and if he's holding a guitar pick between his index finger and thumb, if he wanted to gesture upwards -- or in any direction -- he would have to point with his middle finger.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 16, 2019 21:54

Yeah sure, whatever. When I want the volume up I just move the whole hand

Date: August 16, 2019 21:59

When i want the volume up I beg for Keith to give his fu*k finger to Charlie...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 16, 2019 22:53

Mathijs

Mathijs

Cool story bro.

Date: August 16, 2019 22:59

Flicking the V!

Date: August 16, 2019 23:09

His Majesty
Mathijs

Mathijs

Cool story bro.

Adapting to local customs? grinning smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 17, 2019 00:17

Nikkei
Yeah sure, whatever. When I want the volume up I just move the whole hand

He always has made up BS.

Date: August 17, 2019 06:59

I thought he gave the finger to Charlie when Pierre corrected me with the above.

Mathijs

Date: August 17, 2019 18:45

Mathijs
I thought he gave the finger to Charlie when Pierre corrected me with the above.

Mathijs
I say this with respect to Mathijs and I guess to Pierre, but that does not make much sense. If one follows what happens right then and there, Keith gets tripped up in that ending between him and Charlie. Jagger is right there, catches it too, and laughs. It makes perfect sense for Keith to throw something at Charlie.
Keith's body language also says it; he is looking right at Charlie.
Would he be gesturing behind the line to Ted N. wouldn't it be more insistent and pointed? Take longer?
Was Pierre even around back then? I mean I feel kind of silly doubting one of the most inside men, but that just doesn't sound right.

Posted by: z ()
Date: August 17, 2019 19:06

I don't know, from my angle it looks like Keith isn't facing Charlie but indeed somebody behind him.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: August 17, 2019 19:47

Mathijs

Mathijs

Yeah....right

Date: August 18, 2019 07:23

Palace Revolution 2000
Mathijs

Mathijs
I say this with respect to Mathijs and I guess to Pierre, but that does not make much sense. If one follows what happens right then and there, Keith gets tripped up in that ending between him and Charlie. Jagger is right there, catches it too, and laughs. It makes perfect sense for Keith to throw something at Charlie.
Would he be gesturing behind the line to Ted N. wouldn't it be more insistent and pointed? Take longer?
Was Pierre even around back then? I mean I feel kind of silly doubting one of the most inside men, but that just doesn't sound right.

All I know is that I thought Keith gave the finger, but Pierre insists Keith tends not to give the finger but flick the V, and apparently this is the way Keith indicates he wants his amp turned up. I don’t know Keith, Pierre does.

It made sense to me as some Brits I know do not use the middle finger as an insult. My old professor from London counted 1, 2, 3 when he wanted to make his point, ending with his middle finger pointing at you. When he was aggravated he pointed his middle finger at you while raising his voice telling how wrong you were. We thought it was funny, he never understood.

Mathijs

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 18, 2019 12:26

That day on that stage Keef invented the "pushed to 11" amp. grinning smiley

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 18, 2019 12:35

dcba
That day on that stage Keef invented the "pushed to 11" amp. grinning smiley

After that disastrous ending "Turn up the volume!" makes no sense at all.
Keith is annoyed and is giving the finger to someone - presumably Charlie.

Date: August 18, 2019 16:10

Mathijs

It made sense to me as some Brits I know do not use the middle finger...

Every single Brit I know utilises use of the middle finger.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 18, 2019 16:23

So let's say Keith DID give Charlie the finger...does anyone care?

Charlie is the one person (as far as we know) that Keith has never insulted or abused over the decades (well probably Stu as well), which is miraculous given Keith's personality, and we all know damn well Charlie probably just smirked at Keith and shrugged.

Date: August 18, 2019 16:28

It is of course common amongst friends and colleagues to utilise the middle finger in a playful manner.

Date: August 18, 2019 16:40

Palace Revolution 2000

I have seen both Taylor and Richards cranking up their Ampegs themselves, they are not miles away from their amps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-18 16:45 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: August 18, 2019 17:28

TheflyingDutchman
Palace Revolution 2000

I have seen both Taylor and Richards cranking up their Ampegs themselves, they are not miles away from their amps.

They fiddled with their amps quite a bit in those days.

Looking back at it now I am sure he is talking to somebody standing behind the amps, and certainly not to Charlie. He does not seem to be angry to me as well. He could be indicating he wants to change guitars, or keep the same guitar. Or telling Newman to tell the monitor mixer, who was behind Nicky in those days, to turn the monitors up.

Also -it’s not Charlie who makes the mistake, it’s Taylor who continues with the main riff.

Mathijs

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-18 17:34 by Mathijs.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: August 18, 2019 17:55

Charlie ends the song too soon...and Keith reacts...Or have I been wrong all these years? How can I go on???

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 18, 2019 18:04

You haven't been wrong earlier, but you are now. Everything about the band is up for sanitized reinterpretation. Kissing c*nt in Cannes becomes Kissing cut in cans and Brown Sugar is what you put in your tea

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1647
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home