Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Earliest Stones Shirts?
Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 30, 2012 17:37

too early?...

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: May 30, 2012 18:44

Youngie
I picked up a Stones "European Tour 1973" jumper/sweater at a charity shop for €1 a few days ago. Red-ish jumper with a big tongue on it. Lovely.

Whats the label on this jumper? Amplified Clothing were making Jumpers with a large tongue logo and "European Tour 1973" written on the front a few years ago. You can pick them up in TK Maxx still.

I have 2 original sleeveless t-shirts from Earls Court 76 with faux suede tongue logos and concert dates on the front.

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 30, 2012 19:23

When the Scandinavian clothing company Dressmann made its deal last year with the Stones, they released, among other stuff, a series of replicas of old tour t-shirts. I think the following is the oldest one, referring to 1969 American tour. Anyway, I had one...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-30 19:25 by Doxa.

Posted by: R ()
Date: May 30, 2012 20:15

I still have the shirts I bought in 1975 and 1978. They are size M for medium but it should be M for miniscule.

Posted by: dannyhowells ()
Date: May 30, 2012 22:24

This book is possibly the best I've seen for t-shirts .. [www.amazon.com]

Well worth picking up.

R, I also have a miniscule 78 tour shirt, but it's a period bootleg and a killer!
The second smallest I have is the 81 tour, with Prince at the bottom of the bill.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: June 1, 2012 06:18

NoCode0680
This one is earlier than that, but it's not official, it's homemade and given to Mick by a fan before finding its way onto the Sgt Pepper cover.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 1, 2012 07:15

Chicago Blackhawks, best jerseys in pro sports!!!!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: June 1, 2012 07:24

DGA35
Chicago Blackhawks, best jerseys in pro sports!!!!

Better than this???

Posted by: Youngie ()
Date: June 2, 2012 00:02

Nasty Habits
Youngie
I picked up a Stones "European Tour 1973" jumper/sweater at a charity shop for €1 a few days ago. Red-ish jumper with a big tongue on it. Lovely.

Whats the label on this jumper? Amplified Clothing were making Jumpers with a large tongue logo and "European Tour 1973" written on the front a few years ago. You can pick them up in TK Maxx still.

Yes it says "Amplified" on the back. Anyway I didn't really think the jumper actually was made in 1973 since it's in good condition smiling smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 2, 2012 04:04

bitman
Carnaby, can you send me a message, I don't have a few of those and am interested in buying them.

Me too, will you email, Carnaby? Thanks.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: bitman ()
Date: January 4, 2013 09:46

Doxa
When the Scandinavian clothing company Dressmann made its deal last year with the Stones, they released, among other stuff, a series of replicas of old tour t-shirts. I think the following is the oldest one, referring to 1969 American tour. Anyway, I had one...

- Doxa

you had an original of that exact shirt?

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: January 4, 2013 11:27

Doxa

- Doxa
Is there a link to buy one?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 4, 2013 12:31

I bought a Stones t-shirt at Earls Court in 76. An d I remember seeing one with the tits on, from the European Tour 73, on sale at Wembley Empire Pool on that tour. I never bought it as |I thought I'd get hell from my folks!

I still have my 82 European tour t-shirt with the dragon on.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 4, 2013 12:40

.....................................................................Royal Albert Hall 1966

ROCKMAN

Posted by: witterings ()
Date: January 4, 2013 16:50

This is the Riot Concert "Berlin Waldbuehne" 1965-09-15

The T-Shirt Could have been the prototype for the Satanic one:

This bar taped jacket had ist development opportunities in 1965

It`s nice to be here, .....

Date: January 4, 2013 20:41

Wow! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I appears these all look homemade and have a nice folk art quality to them. I'm mainly interested in the first Stones' issued shirts, either at concerts or through fan clubs.

I have to believe that the band issued something in the 60s, especially during the 1969 tour.

In any event, here's a few pictures of my 2 earliest Stones' shirts, both from '72.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: January 4, 2013 21:14

In 1964 in Los Angeles I saw 2-3 different teenage girls wearing pullover sweaters that said "I Like The Rolling Stones." These featured a not-particularly-high quality picture of the Stones' five hairy, messy heads under that message.

Wish I'd bought one and kept it!

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: January 8, 2013 07:04

NoCode0680
The Stones are the only band I've ever seen that wore their own gear. But that was in the early days, and band shirts were apparently somewhat new, so I don't think it was probably considered lame back then like it would be now.

This one always cracks me up. Not because Taylor is wearing a Stones shirt, but because the tank top and eyeliner don't particularly suit him.

Plant wore a lot of Zeppelin t-shirts at shows in the 70s....

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: meredithhunter ()
Date: January 8, 2013 08:37

Here's an official t-shirt circa 1966

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: January 8, 2013 08:43

I'll take that one, Meredith.

Date: January 8, 2013 09:02

Here's a 73 European Tour security shirt. Same type Mick is wearing in the Alamo pix.

Date: January 8, 2013 09:34

The ultimate t-shirt. 1972 STP crew shirt (pictured with itinerary binder and dressing room towel)

Posted by: R ()
Date: January 8, 2013 23:10

Man, I have a '75 with the eagle/plane and a really rare, cream colored one with just The Rolling Stones in script and the the tongue from '78. I bought them both on the respective tours. It's unreal how much they have shrunk.

I'll try but I've never been able to post pictures here.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 8, 2013 23:18

R
It's unreal how much they have shrunk.

You sure that's the problem ?

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: January 9, 2013 03:30

For several tours, they have had their shirts printed at a place called New Buffalo Shirt Factory. Supposedly New Buffalo was the first company to perfect the black concert T, but printing white ink on the T, then putting multiple colors over the top, sometime in the early 70s, I believe.

They were generous enough to donate about 1000 prototype items they made for bands over the years to a benefit here a few months ago. All sorts of one-of-a-kind items that never made it to mass production, including hundreds of Stones shirt, hats, jackets, etc. I picked up a few hats. Shirts were another story as few of the prototypes were my size...they must have shrink while in storage. Everything was about $5, and all proceeds went to the local food bank.

Date: January 9, 2013 18:37

Oh my Meridith. Your shirts are the most amazing thing I've ever seen! If you have any interest in parting with any of them, let me know.

Were you on the tours as a crew member?

@buffalo Do you have any pictures?

Posted by: BJPortugal ()
Date: January 9, 2013 21:54

meredithhunter

Very good!thumbs up

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: January 11, 2013 01:02

Date: January 12, 2013 06:10

is that '66 a fan club shirt or is that from a show?

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: January 12, 2013 06:26

meredithhunter

That's the best one right there. I think I saw that in...Roy Carr's book maybe?
My wife got me one a few years ago that's very similar.
They should bring that back 'cause it'll never go out of style.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2578
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home