Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: OT - The Doors
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 4, 2013 19:34

Title5Take1
I saw Ray Manzarek talk and play piano in an Irish pub in S. Calif five or so years ago, and he told stories (and trashed Oliver Stone's Doors film) and was charming and down to earth and great. Because so often in interviews he can be the biggest windbag of all time. So it was nice he wasn't in this pub.
They were much wilder than the movie showed...

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: February 4, 2013 19:52

Jim Morrison Amsterdam 1968

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: February 4, 2013 20:08

stonehearted
Max'sKansasCity
stonehearted
Richard from Canada
Nice story! I was on Laurel Canyon Blvd a few weeks ago and remembered how significant it was to The Doors early years. Jim lived on and off there for awhile, as did one of the other Door members...can't remember who it was. Love Street mentions the Country Store on it and I think Strange Days was written about all the strange people in the area. Keep up with your story-telling. Nice reading them.

cool cool thumbs up

Thanks, Max! And thanks for asking about my whereabouts in another thread. Here's a little clue for you. IORR is like a repertory company of actors in a theater. If a character gets killed off, a new character may be created. Different persona, but played by the same actor. So if you can't blog about the stones now, you just make a stone of your heart and blog on. That's all I can say. Don't want to give the game away....

There you are stonehearted! Welcome back. You are from the land of toys in the attic - right?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 4, 2013 21:10

2000 LYFH
stonehearted
Max'sKansasCity
stonehearted
Richard from Canada
Nice story! I was on Laurel Canyon Blvd a few weeks ago and remembered how significant it was to The Doors early years. Jim lived on and off there for awhile, as did one of the other Door members...can't remember who it was. Love Street mentions the Country Store on it and I think Strange Days was written about all the strange people in the area. Keep up with your story-telling. Nice reading them.

cool cool thumbs up

Thanks, Max! And thanks for asking about my whereabouts in another thread. Here's a little clue for you. IORR is like a repertory company of actors in a theater. If a character gets killed off, a new character may be created. Different persona, but played by the same actor. So if you can't blog about the stones now, you just make a stone of your heart and blog on. That's all I can say. Don't want to give the game away....

There you are stonehearted! Welcome back. You are from the land of toys in the attic - right?

If you mean Beantown [Boston] USA, that is correct!

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1707
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home