Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - 2012 NBA & College Basketball
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 15, 2012 17:53

Well with March Madness coming, the big story is with my favorite team the NY Knicks and Jeremy Lin the Taiwanese-American sensation graduate of Harvard College. Born in LA but a resident of Palo Alto CA., Lin is the first Harvard player to play in the NBA since 1954.

Worth pointing out is that he was undrafted and originally signed by the Golden State Warriors in July of 2010. Waived and then signed by Houston Rockets in December 12, 2011, and claimed once again off waivers by the NY Knicks on December 27, 2011.

After coming in for cleanup in a fourth meltdown against the Celtics on Feb. 3rd, he made his mark on Feb.4 against the NJ Nets scoring 25 points. His next game and first career start against Utah he netted 28 points. He then had double double and 23 points in a win over the Washington Wizards leading into the big 38 point night and a Knicks win over the LA Lakers outscoring Kobe Bryant. On February 11, Lin scored 20 points in a 2 point win over the Minnesota Timberwolves. Which leads us into last nights game in Toronto tied at 87 apiece and Lin with the ball and 17 seconds remaining:

Re: OT - 2012 NBA & College Basketball
Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: February 15, 2012 19:29

Lin-sanity....great story...gotta pull for the kid...i wonder if they'll still have the same mojo with Carmelo (one-dimensional)Anthony back in the lineup.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: February 15, 2012 19:31

Not a Knicks fan, but as a Bulls fan they never did anything to get in our way. But Lin is a great story. A polite well behaved college educated Nba star is the rarest of birds. Hope he can keep up the high level of play.

Date: February 15, 2012 19:36

Judging by the crowd noise you would have thought they were in NY. The announcer gave an exciting call for the shot with the thundering noise.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 15, 2012 20:00

Good for him. Seems like great kid. Local boy from Palo Alto High School.Kind of a bummer the Warriors let him go. But there was nowhere for him to play behind Monta Ellis and Stpehan Curry. Lin is the basketball equivalant of Tim Tebow. Basketball Jesus.cool smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 15, 2012 20:19

Tommy Amaker is doing a great job at Harvard... 8-22, 14-14, 21-8, 23-7, and 21-3 so far this year.

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: February 15, 2012 20:23

GO BULLS

(lifetime season ticket holder)

Date: February 15, 2012 20:33

dadrob
GO BULLS

(lifetime season ticket holder)

What year did you start?

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: February 15, 2012 20:37

73-74 I think my folks bought seats for the whole crew..Celtic (HATEHATE) beat the Bucks that year if I recall. When I got to college my folks gave up the seats just as the Bulls got great but I could get seats through contacts....I sat court side for a few playoff games when MJ was around. that was amazing fun.
Nowadays I share some seats with some other families..too hard to get to the games and the cost is brutal.
GO BULLS
(even with two Dukie forwards)

Date: February 15, 2012 20:41

sweetcharmedlife
Good for him. Seems like great kid. Local boy from Palo Alto High School.Kind of a bummer the Warriors let him go.

Has there ever been a push to rename the Warriors the San Francisco Warriors as they originally were after relocating from Philadelphia? Or would they now be called the Oakland Warriors since that is where they play?

I never liked the name "Golden State" as it lacked any local identity. Even the California Golden Seals was kind of generic.

Date: February 15, 2012 20:58

The Sicilian
sweetcharmedlife
Good for him. Seems like great kid. Local boy from Palo Alto High School.Kind of a bummer the Warriors let him go.

Has there ever been a push to rename the Warriors the San Francisco Warriors as they originally were after relocating from Philadelphia? Or would they now be called the Oakland Warriors since that is where they play?

I never liked the name "Golden State" as it lacked any local identity. Even the California Golden Seals was kind of generic.
Yeah I don't care much for the Golden State name. Their was a bit of an effort to call them the Oakland Warriors. But didn't go anywhere. They did start wearing the old City logo on their jersey's on certain nights. Also some rumours about them moving to San Francisco, But almost impossible to get an arena built in the City.

Date: February 16, 2012 06:03

sweetcharmedlife
The Sicilian
sweetcharmedlife

Yeah I don't care much for the Golden State name. Their was a bit of an effort to call them the Oakland Warriors. But didn't go anywhere. They did start wearing the old City logo on their jersey's on certain nights. Also some rumours about them moving to San Francisco, But almost impossible to get an arena built in the City.

Have you ever attended any Warriors games? Did you ever attend a Golden Seals game.

I still remember sitting on the kitchen floor playing with my new birthday toys many years ago one February listening to the Sabres playing the Golden Seals late on the west coast while my mother sat at the kitchen table. Gilles Meloche, I still have his hockey card.

Date: February 16, 2012 06:13

The Sicilian
sweetcharmedlife
The Sicilian
sweetcharmedlife

Have you ever attended any Warriors games? Did you ever attend a Golden Seals game.

I still remember sitting on the kitchen floor playing with my new birthday toys many years ago one February listening to the Sabres playing the Golden Seals late on the west coast while my mother sat at the kitchen table. Gilles Meloche, I still have his hockey card.
No the Seals were a bit before my time. The only thing I remember about them is that they always seemed to suck. Been to a few Warriors games over the years. Have to say they have a pretty loyal fan base considering they haven't been very good for a long time. So what NBA team do you root for in Buffalo? The Raprtors., The Knicks? Looks like Jeremey Lin and teh Knicks did it again tonight. But then again the Kings REALLY SUCK!

Date: February 16, 2012 06:30

march madness coming. as always don't pick ohio state to win it all. the fizzle out every year

Date: February 16, 2012 06:40

I used to be a huge Buffalo Braves fan back in the 70's until owner Paul Synder sold the team to Kentucky businessman John Y. Brown. (not the abolitionist of slaves but the abolitionist of Buffalo basketball). After swapping franchises with the Boston Celtics owner Irv Levin who promptly moved my team to San Diego as the Clippers now in LA. ending basketball in Buffalo in 1978.

Bob McAdoo was traded to the Knicks for money and bums during the 76-77 season and that may have drawn me in but the Knicks were always one of favorite teams after the Braves. I closely followed and bet on many Knicks games especially during my favorite years the Patrick Ewing and James Starks show. Basketball was always a good game for betting. The Knicks and San Antonio Spurs were number 1 and 2 teams.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: February 16, 2012 06:46

The Sicilian
sweetcharmedlife
The Sicilian
sweetcharmedlife

For a while they were the Oakland Seals. With the world's worst uniforms. Hockey in Oakland was never meant to work, never had good attendance. I remember Carol Vadanis and Larry Cahan. Cahan used to play for the Kings.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1415
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home