Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Can Keith still play?
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 19, 2012 11:34

Actually I think its the fingers. Open tuning is easier for him but he does play Rambler.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 19, 2012 11:46

rocker1

Damn! That's Keef!

- Doxa

Date: February 19, 2012 11:59

bestfour
Re: Stoned thoughts... The power of positive!
Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: February 18, 2012 21:43

SIMPLE.... He's still the ENGINE, the DRIVING force of the band the minute they hit the stage OR studio, based on 50 years rocking drinking smiley
Do you really hear that on a 2006 show?

Date: February 19, 2012 12:01

KeithNacho
Weaving is nice when both guitars are well balanced on the mix. If you hear to SFTD in SAL (i know is hard to hear it again, sorry) at the end,kr begins to play more than 4 notes beyon the same pentatonic box that he plays along the whole album, always the same licks. An if you hear very low in the mix you have a RW that seems to play very fine, but he is not audible. If you mix the two guitars at the proper level maybe the result could be a little better (as in the same song in LYL)
The worst thing about the vegas era is the inaudible RW guitar, i really don't know if he plays fine or not, because i can almost hear his guitar

Ron not only is low in level, but his guitars nowadays are often Strats, with a very thin sound. Hardly any bottom. Keith cuts him on that.

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: February 19, 2012 12:24

Palace Revolution 2000
bestfour

SIMPLE.... He's still the ENGINE, the DRIVING force of the band the minute they hit the stage OR studio, based on 50 years rocking drinking smiley

I certainly heard it when I was treated to an October 2006 concert at Giants Stadium here in the states. Keith was on fire that night!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 19, 2012 19:44

Palace Revolution 2000
KeithNacho
Weaving is nice when both guitars are well balanced on the mix. If you hear to SFTD in SAL (i know is hard to hear it again, sorry) at the end,kr begins to play more than 4 notes beyon the same pentatonic box that he plays along the whole album, always the same licks. An if you hear very low in the mix you have a RW that seems to play very fine, but he is not audible. If you mix the two guitars at the proper level maybe the result could be a little better (as in the same song in LYL)
The worst thing about the vegas era is the inaudible RW guitar, i really don't know if he plays fine or not, because i can almost hear his guitar

Ron not only is low in level, but his guitars nowadays are often Strats, with a very thin sound. Hardly any bottom. Keith cuts him on that.

Strats low in bottom? confused smiley

It depends on the player's tone: Listen to Jeff Beck for example.

Not Fade Away
Date: February 19, 2012 12:38

IMO (for what it's worth) it would be cool for the 'Stones never to return to the stage! If Keith is anything like he was the night he played with Depp, than it would be embarassing to see him again 'live'. Unlike Jagger, time is now not on Keith's side! Keith, if you are reading this, do yourself a favour and retire now before people start laughing at you!

Re: Not Fade Away
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 19, 2012 14:13

i thought he already was retired? if not, he's doing a fabulous impersonation....

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 19, 2012 14:24

It's hard to tell anything about Keith's ability by that Johnny Depp video. He wasn't using a plectrum and maybe he didn't want to show off as it wasn't his show....and maybe he'd been having too many drinks, he seemed somewhat off, anyway

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 19, 2012 18:17

Gold Coast Slave Ship
Keith, if you are reading this, do yourself a favour and retire now before people start laughing at you!

LOL, I will tell him, next time I see him

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: February 19, 2012 19:13

Erik_Snow
It's hard to tell anything about Keith's ability by that Johnny Depp video. He wasn't using a plectrum and maybe he didn't want to show off as it wasn't his show....and maybe he'd been having too many drinks, he seemed somewhat off, anyway

Another side to it, one that hasn't been said, is who the hell thinks Keith really cares? He's always said he'd like to play in a little bar or a stairwell playing blues if he couldn't be on the big stage. No where in any of his expressing this did he bother to say he wishes he was still in 1972 or 1989 playing shape. Just that he can play.

And that's exactly what he's doing there, playing with some bar band playing blues. He could've been anybody doing that.

That's his idea of being retired from The Rolling Stones then as long as he's happy, who cares? Which is worse? Keith plonking along with some bar band or Mick screaming over farts in a "song"?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 19, 2012 20:01

Sigh. They will take to the stage and they will shake off the years. We will get one more regal tour. The Steel Wheelchair Tour jokes will be revived. We will just be damn happy that they show up.

Date: February 19, 2012 20:08

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Erik_Snow

Another side to it, one that hasn't been said, is who the hell thinks Keith really cares? He's always said he'd like to play in a little bar or a stairwell playing blues if he couldn't be on the big stage. No where in any of his expressing this did he bother to say he wishes he was still in 1972 or 1989 playing shape. Just that he can play.

And that's exactly what he's doing there, playing with some bar band playing blues. He could've been anybody doing that.

That's his idea of being retired from The Rolling Stones then as long as he's happy, who cares? Which is worse? Keith plonking along with some bar band or Mick screaming over farts in a "song"?

Hmmm...I don't understand why you ask about that...
Because it's obvious that nobody cares about "Keith plonking along with some bar band". The thread-starters point/opinion is that Keith shouldn't return to big stages with RS - which is the opposite of playing in a bar band

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-19 20:37 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 20, 2012 12:56

Redhotcarpet
Actually I think its the fingers. Open tuning is easier for him but he does play Rambler.

[www.youtube.com]

Keith vocals and guitars are really embarassing on this version thumbs down

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 20, 2012 13:06

KRiffhard
Redhotcarpet

[www.youtube.com]

Horns arrangment is wonderful.............the rest,.........................

Date: February 20, 2012 17:51

KeithNacho
KRiffhard
Redhotcarpet

[www.youtube.com]

Horns arrangment is wonderful.............the rest,.........................

Keith, how the hell do you sing? It's not a country song or a ballad.
She's my little rock'n'rooooooooooooooooool thumbs down

Date: February 20, 2012 18:06

Erik_Snow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Erik_Snow

Hmmm...I don't understand why you ask about that...
Because it's obvious that nobody cares about "Keith plonking along with some bar band". The thread-starters point/opinion is that Keith shouldn't return to big stages with RS - which is the opposite of playing in a bar band

Ah, you don't see it though. That's what Keith wants. That's all that matters. He's been very clear about that for quite some time. It is the opposite of returning to the big stage. That's the point.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 20, 2012 18:17

Can Keith still play?

We will know that the 24th of this month as he will stand on the stage of the Apollo hopefully guitar in hands, well rehearsed and ready to rock.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Date: February 20, 2012 20:47

stonesdan60
Palace Revolution 2000
bestfour

I certainly heard it when I was treated to an October 2006 concert at Giants Stadium here in the states. Keith was on fire that night!

drinking smiley You see, Keith was and is still well able to do it drinking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 20, 2012 22:32

Erik_Snow

yeah, that was the reason.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 20, 2012 22:44

treaclefingers
Erik_Snow

it's been the reason for many years now. keith and his humility are inseparable.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 20, 2012 22:47

KRiffhard
Redhotcarpet

[www.youtube.com]

I'm afraid there's no way to "apologize" fan-boy style, no way to use cliches to convince us it's 'natural, real, authentic rock and roll'.

This simply sucks... hard.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: February 20, 2012 22:55

treaclefingers
Erik_Snow

well yes that was a stretch...or apologising, I know, but it really didn't look like if he was even trying to anything there - hence my comment about drinking too much. But maybe that's apologising as well. Still, that Depp video was just wierd

Date: February 20, 2012 23:00

Erik_Snow
treaclefingers
Erik_Snow

well yes that was a stretch...or apologising, I know, but it really didn't look like if he was even trying to anything there - hence my comment about drinking too much. But maybe that's apologising as well. Still, that Depp video was just wierd

Well to be perfectly fair, it is a pretty relaxed environment from the looks of it. On the other hand, if that is the KR of 2012....i just dunno.

Date: February 20, 2012 23:14

treaclefingers
i just dunno.

Me neither. At least Rolling Stones could perform "The Spider And The Fly" on the 2012 tour, if they slowed it down by about 250 %. Those chords played in that speed is roughly what Richards is roughly doing in the Johnny Depp video

Date: February 21, 2012 01:25

Erik_Snow
treaclefingers
i just dunno.

Me neither. At least Rolling Stones could perform "The Spider And The Fly" on the 2012 tour, if they slowed it down by about 250 %. Those chords played in that speed is roughly what Richards is roughly doing in the Johnny Depp video

Well we shouldn't be shocked...Blondie is there (or at least, was there) for a reason, and it isn't because Keith has been distracted on doing backup vocals.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: February 25, 2012 19:51

KRiffhard
We don't have to worry about, this man can replace all the band members!

1) Out of tune guitars
2) Did you hear him sing?

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Date: February 25, 2012 20:06

rollmops
Can Keith still play?

We will know that the 24th of this month as he will stand on the stage of the Apollo hopefully guitar in hands, well rehearsed and ready to rock.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

...bad news from Apollo sad smiley
Keef sang, embraced the guitar but...maybe he forgot to play it.

Date: February 25, 2012 20:12

KRiffhard
...bad news from Apollo sad smiley
Keef sang, embraced the guitar but...maybe he forgot to play it.

Keith did the same thing w/ Johnny Depp when they played a few months ago.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: February 25, 2012 20:27

Good news from Apollo.

Keith gave plenty of room for Clapton on stage, true gentleman, never overplaed or pretended to be a guitar hero, had good sense of style and class. Sang well with his world weary but charming blues voice of his, and played just fine. Nice traditional blues at very sad - due to the passing of his friend, Hubert Sumlin - memorial event.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2119
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home