Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: *Brian Jones: 1942 - 1969*
Posted by: Marie ()
Date: March 24, 2012 08:07

Speaking of loyal Brian followers....

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 24, 2012 12:06

His Majesty
24FPS

If I knew how to simply copy a picture from my documents and paste it into this box, I could show a well known photo of Brian plopped on the floor in the studio, beer in hand, looking like he was feeling good as the trio of Charlie, Mick, and Bill stare at him, unamused.

Yah mean this one from 1967 by, I think, John Reader?

This is not to say he didn't turn up wasted, drunk etc etc, but aside from the footage in the We Love You promo I am not aware of any other photos or footage out there which show him in such a state in the studio.

smiling smiley

His public decline after Anita and the story of Brian being too wasted to play guitar (as presented by Mick in their official video for We Love You) has more to do with being depressed and paranoid about his position in the band with Keith and Mick, taking downers to be in the same room. Think about it.
He had to go to a studio knowing Anita could be there. Maybe he could have accepted Mick as CEO of the band and keeping a distance to eachother but Keith/Anita is the breaking point here.

Date: March 24, 2012 15:54

Read below from an engineer who was actually in the studio with the band ....Give it a rest Redhotcarpet.

[members7.boardhost.com]

Date: March 24, 2012 16:43

Marie
Read below from an engineer who was actually in the studio with the band ....Give it a rest Redhotcarpet.

[members7.boardhost.com]

What has that to do with anything? Point was that Jones didnt function in the band at all after Anita left him. It's an interesting a very downplayed part of rock history and obvious reason for the mans rapid downfall.

Date: March 24, 2012 16:48

Redhotcarpet
Marie

[members7.boardhost.com]

What has that to do with anything? Point was that Jones didnt function in the band at all after Anita left him. It's an interesting a very downplayed part of rock history and obvious reason for the mans rapid downfall.

Downplayed? Are you serious? Brian had problems before and after Anita. The point is it is not all about Anita. Of course, it makes for a wonderful story doesn't it?

Date: March 24, 2012 17:05

Marie
Redhotcarpet
Marie

[members7.boardhost.com]

Downplayed? Are you serious? Brian had problems before and after Anita. The point is it is not all about Anita. Of course, it makes for a wonderful story doesn't it?

The man was a difficult boy who dug his own hole - to some extent - but he himself did not speak out about being dumped, which in fact is what he was. Dumped in public. In fact he grew numb. That little drama was of much greater importance for him and the dynamics of the band, for Keith and later Keith again when Anita slept with Mick. Has Keith made a big deal out of Mick sleeping with Anita or not? T-gate anybody?

I dont buy Keiths macho "couldnt care less" apporoach to Anita's sex life. Strong, independent and sixth Stone is easy to say but she also slept with the band's three alpha males. Not moralizing just interested in a revised view of that story.

Date: March 24, 2012 17:06

Marie

Really tasteful.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: March 24, 2012 17:06

Awesome posts. Never seen many of these pix,

Thank you!

Date: March 24, 2012 17:09

Redhotcarpet
Marie

Really tasteful.

Why thank you Redhotcarpet.....

Date: March 24, 2012 17:23

Marie
Redhotcarpet
His Majesty

In early 1968 Brian seems full of hope and excitment for the bands return to orbit, fast forward to late 1968 and it seems his heart was truly no longer in it anymore. sad smiley

Yes I agree, he seemes to have had a short period when he tried to pretend to have forgotten Anita (he never did, that's obvious), and he had been right about returning to the roots and he was maybe, maybe given a slight tiny shread of hope from Mick about being part of the band. Maybe he just felt he was right about Satanic being shite and enjoyed reading about Mick's mistake.

Maybe he didnt feel hated right before Beggars. Maybe Marianne simply talked Mick into being diplomatic. No way Mick planned to continue with Brian after 1967, no way. I think this is what people who were present in the studio mean when they say things got ugly and Brian was treated like shit. We dont have to repeat the old "Brian was horrible and got what he deserved".

Charlie said the band was the last thing he had in life. That rings very true on many levels. He doesnt say Brian could have functioned in the band. Bill says Brian could not function as it was his band from the start and one cannot ignore the change of power, Brian could not be in a band with Mick and Keith after Keith got together with Anita.

Brian had to go but he didnt want to go and he could not stay so he died.

You are speculating....he was in the band for two years after Anita. You are fixated on the idea of "Brian couldn't live without Anita". His real problem was probably drugs. Notice I said probably because I am speculating. He had emotional problems. I am not speculating there because there are psychiatric reports to confirm this. Mix emotional problems with the drug (and alcohol) intake and it made the problems worse. No rehab back in the 1960s.

That's the official PR story that doesnt say anything really. In the 60s homosexuality was considered a mental illness. Not saying he was stable but that report was made for the trial, after Anita left him, after his intake of drugs increased etc. He was maybe - just speculating here - a narcissist, borderline or maybe bi polar with a drug problem and huge insecurity. At the same time he was being manouvered out of the band and had to deal with Mick Jagger. I wouldnt take that document made for a trial in the obvious purpose to get him off the hook, too seriously. It's like with some of the stories about him, was it an act? He was in his early to mid 20s.

Date: March 24, 2012 17:49

Redhotcarpet
Marie
Redhotcarpet
His Majesty

In early 1968 Brian seems full of hope and excitment for the bands return to orbit, fast forward to late 1968 and it seems his heart was truly no longer in it anymore. sad smiley

Yes I agree, he seemes to have had a short period when he tried to pretend to have forgotten Anita (he never did, that's obvious), and he had been right about returning to the roots and he was maybe, maybe given a slight tiny shread of hope from Mick about being part of the band. Maybe he just felt he was right about Satanic being shite and enjoyed reading about Mick's mistake.

Maybe he didnt feel hated right before Beggars. Maybe Marianne simply talked Mick into being diplomatic. No way Mick planned to continue with Brian after 1967, no way. I think this is what people who were present in the studio mean when they say things got ugly and Brian was treated like shit. We dont have to repeat the old "Brian was horrible and got what he deserved".

Charlie said the band was the last thing he had in life. That rings very true on many levels. He doesnt say Brian could have functioned in the band. Bill says Brian could not function as it was his band from the start and one cannot ignore the change of power, Brian could not be in a band with Mick and Keith after Keith got together with Anita.

You are speculating....he was in the band for two years after Anita. You are fixated on the idea of "Brian couldn't live without Anita". His real problem was probably drugs. Notice I said probably because I am speculating. He had emotional problems. I am not speculating there because there are psychiatric reports to confirm this. Mix emotional problems with the drug (and alcohol) intake and it made the problems worse. No rehab back in the 1960s.

That's the official PR story that doesnt say anything really. In the 60s homosexuality was considered a mental illness. Not saying he was stable but that report was made for the trial, after Anita left him, after his intake of drugs increased etc. He was maybe - just speculating here - a narcissist, borderline or maybe bi polar with a drug problem and huge insecurity. At the same time he was being manouvered out of the band and had to deal with Mick Jagger. I wouldnt take that document made for a trial in the obvious purpose to get him off the hook, too seriously. It's like with some of the stories about him, was it an act? He was in his early to mid 20s.

Dr. Neustatter was brought in as an independent psychiatrist by the court of appeal. I'll take it seriously. Believe what you want...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 24, 2012 17:50

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-25 14:21 by His Majesty.

Date: March 24, 2012 18:10

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-25 14:22 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 24, 2012 18:10

His Majesty
^^ Ok, enough of this babble!!! ^^

Blimey, those are my original 10x8 Decca press hand outs HM. I can tell by the faded edges. Where did you download them from?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 24, 2012 18:12

Marie
Redhotcarpet
Marie
Redhotcarpet
His Majesty

Dr. Neustatter was brought in as an independent psychiatrist by the court of appeal. I'll take it seriously. Believe what you want...

Brian was being treated by the father of an old girlfriend of mine, Dr Anthony Flood. I remember that her brother proudly wore a scarf that Brian had given by Dr Flood.

Date: March 24, 2012 18:12

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-25 14:22 by His Majesty.

Date: March 24, 2012 18:15

Marie
Redhotcarpet
Marie
Redhotcarpet
His Majesty

I dont believe anything I have a realistic approach and I find the ongoing drama, real or not, within a person to be interesting.

Date: March 24, 2012 18:21

Redhotcarpet
Marie
Redhotcarpet
Marie
Redhotcarpet
His Majesty

I dont believe anything I have a realistic approach and I find the ongoing drama, real or not, within a person to be interesting.

Besides we are not forced to believe, we can discuss and have new and different perspectives on an old story. Thanks to iorr.org.

Date: March 24, 2012 18:23

X

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-25 14:22 by His Majesty.

Date: March 24, 2012 18:23

Redhotcarpet
Marie
Redhotcarpet
Marie
Redhotcarpet
His Majesty

I have a realistic approach and I find the ongoing drama, real or not, within a person to be interesting.

On this we agree....everyone is entitled to their opinion. But it is just their opinion.

Date: March 24, 2012 18:33

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-25 14:23 by His Majesty.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 24, 2012 18:55

His Majesty
24FPS

If I knew how to simply copy a picture from my documents and paste it into this box, I could show a well known photo of Brian plopped on the floor in the studio, beer in hand, looking like he was feeling good as the trio of Charlie, Mick, and Bill stare at him, unamused.

This is not to say he didn't turn up wasted, drunk etc etc, but aside from the footage in the We Love You promo I am not aware of any other photos or footage out there which show him in such a state in the studio.

smiling smiley

Yep. That's the one. Thanks. And I think Marie said, Big Deal, the all did it, but there is a difference. Brian let his problems interfere with the business of the Stones by either not showing up, or showing up in a state where he couldn not contribute. Of course Keith would have such problems down the line but we're talking about Brian's decline in the band.

Date: March 25, 2012 03:40

24FPS
His Majesty
24FPS

smiling smiley

Brian let his problems interfere with the business of the Stones by either not showing up, or showing up in a state where he couldn not contribute.

That's a sign of something. The business of the Stones was handled by Mick and Keith and they seemed happy with that. Brian reacted to this fact and the loss of Anita to Keith. One can't judge Brian Jones without putting him in that context.

Date: March 25, 2012 04:05

BRIAN AND KEITH BACKSTAGE AT ED SULLIVAN — Reflections in the mirror of Keith Richards playing his Gibson Hummingbird and Brian Jones reading a British music paper backstage in the dressing room at the Ed Sullivan Show, September, 1966. Brian Jones had allegedly injured his hand in a domestic dispute, which forced the Stones to pre-record the two songs they had scheduled. Brian was supposed to play sitar on one song “Paint It Black” and dulcimer on “Lady Jane”, which he was struggling with due to his busted-up hand. – Photo by Bob Bonis

[theselvedgeyard.wordpress.com]

Date: March 25, 2012 04:06

Brian's emotional and drug (drink) problems interferred for sure. Those pesky cops harrassing him didn't help either. Like Keith said....he wasn't a cat that could handle that.

Date: March 25, 2012 04:08

Marie
Brian's emotional and drug (drink) problems interferred for sure. Those pesky cops harrassing him didn't help either. Like Keith said....he wasn't a cat that could handle that.

Neither could he handle losing Anita. Like Keith said: shit happens.

Date: March 25, 2012 04:17

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-25 14:23 by His Majesty.

Date: March 25, 2012 04:17

Redhotcarpet
Marie

Like I said believe what you want. You almost had me believing....until I read in another thread that you recommended Terry Rawlings Who Killed Christopher Robin? He could have written a good book, but didn't... read Aftel's book if you haven't already....

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: March 25, 2012 12:06

Redhotcarpet
Brian Jones had allegedly injured his hand in a domestic dispute, which forced the Stones to pre-record the two songs they had scheduled.
Wasn't all the performances on Ed Sullivan singback anyway

Marie
I read in another thread that you recommended Terry Rawlings Who Killed Christopher Robin
Aha! There we have it. smiling bouncing smiley Rawlings. Brian Jones - the decadent popstar who wanted to die and was a pesky shit to everybody. I know I have seen Stoned as well. grinning smiley

Date: March 25, 2012 12:06

Marie
Redhotcarpet
Marie

Like I said believe what you want. You almost had me believing....until I read in another thread that you recommended Terry Rawlings Who Killed Christopher Robin? He could have written a good book, but didn't... read Aftel's book if you haven't already....

I knew recommending Terry Rawlings was stupid and risky because Im not really that satisfied with it, half of it is great. It's funny how Brian Jones has these little mines you mustnt step on. Terry Rawlings, Anita, Brian vs the band, Keith etc.

I will read Aftels book, havent read it, thanks!

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1479
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home