Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wet Guitars
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 25, 2019 10:25

After the rainy show at Philly...and having attended a couple of very wet shows myself in the past...

I think we should express a bit of appreciation for Pierre and his team, who have to keep all those old guitars working after Keith & Ronnie have decided that it would be good fun [and an expression od solidarity] to go and stand in the pouring rain !

[Guitars don't much like rain...and old guitars with aging parts & finishes like it even less ! grinning smiley]

Re: Wet Guitars
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 25, 2019 13:36

That is so true and the hard thing for Pierre would be keeping them in tune , but as Keith and Ronnie change guitars pretty much after each song it would not be to much of an issue , but guitars do not take to water and getting wet for sure and then factor in that there are a lot of valuable vintage Fender and Gibson guitars and well water and fine stringed instruments do not mix well together , but you tell that to Keith and Ronnie when they are working and you know what I mean =the show must go on regardless ! Also on stage they have that over hang roof thing so that offers protection from inclement weather , not when they walk down the ramps and are exposed to the elements !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-25 13:37 by TheGreek.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1824
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home