Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wet Guitars
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 25, 2019 10:25

After the rainy show at Philly...and having attended a couple of very wet shows myself in the past...

I think we should express a bit of appreciation for Pierre and his team, who have to keep all those old guitars working after Keith & Ronnie have decided that it would be good fun [and an expression od solidarity] to go and stand in the pouring rain !

[Guitars don't much like rain...and old guitars with aging parts & finishes like it even less ! grinning smiley]

Re: Wet Guitars
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 25, 2019 13:36

That is so true and the hard thing for Pierre would be keeping them in tune , but as Keith and Ronnie change guitars pretty much after each song it would not be to much of an issue , but guitars do not take to water and getting wet for sure and then factor in that there are a lot of valuable vintage Fender and Gibson guitars and well water and fine stringed instruments do not mix well together , but you tell that to Keith and Ronnie when they are working and you know what I mean =the show must go on regardless ! Also on stage they have that over hang roof thing so that offers protection from inclement weather , not when they walk down the ramps and are exposed to the elements !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-25 13:37 by TheGreek.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1602
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home