Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT:Canada the Smartest Country in the World
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 2, 2012 08:03

No ranking for Sweden?

2 1 2 0

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: February 2, 2012 08:11

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 2, 2012 09:17

Come On
No ranking for Sweden?

Sorry, Sweden didn't make the top ten. But if it helps, both of your neighbours did it (Norway #7; Finland #10). >grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 2, 2012 09:31

No 11 then ??????

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 2, 2012 09:38

Congrats, Doxa! To defend Swedens falling down on many of those lists I might add that Sweden has seen a very big immigration of refugees from the poorest countries in the world during the latter decades. Of course there are other factors involved too, but I would say that that one is quite significant.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 2, 2012 17:43

Rockman
How is New Zealand 5th and Australia 9th?

They gave the world Lord Of The Rings......We gave Mad-Max ...

Didn't New Zealand also offer up the exemplary saying:

"Drink some. Piss."

USA is screwed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-02 17:44 by Munichhilton.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 2, 2012 18:41

Stoneage
Congrats, Doxa! To defend Swedens falling down on many of those lists I might add that Sweden has seen a very big immigration of refugees from the poorest countries in the world during the latter decades. Of course there are other factors involved too, but I would say that that one is quite significant.

interesting observation...I would daresay that one reason Canada tops the list is BECAUSE of all the immigration from poor countries. Hate to generalize, but the new immigrants tend to work very hard to propel themselves forward.

Posted by: M4000D ()
Date: February 2, 2012 19:45

I was trying to think of an insult for Canadians but I couldn't come up with one.

Umm

Nope still nothing.

Posted by: R ()
Date: February 2, 2012 21:19

I live about two hours from the Canadian border. It's a nice place to visit but there's no place like home.

I've been hearing for eons indignant elites proclaiming that if the U.S. doesn't "improve" (to their satisfaction apparently) that they are going to move, en masse, to Canada. It hasn't happened yet and if it does they'll all come back for surgery anyway.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 2, 2012 21:20

M4000D
I was trying to think of an insult for Canadians but I couldn't come up with one.

Umm

Nope still nothing.

Its America's hat?

Date: February 3, 2012 00:15

treaclefingers
Stoneage

interesting observation...I would daresay that one reason Canada tops the list is BECAUSE of all the immigration from poor countries. Hate to generalize, but the new immigrants tend to work very hard to propel themselves forward.

That depends on what type of immigration you have and which immigrants you let in. As I understand Canada has been more selective than Sweden in their immigration policies. If a large part of the immigrants are unskilled workers and analphabets from failed states the result is not going to be good in the end. Especially when unemployment already is high and the demand for unskilled workers from foreign countries is non existent. But now we are talking politics so I will end there.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 3, 2012 00:20

M4000D

Umm

Nope still nothing.
You know you're from Canada when ...
You only know three spices: salt, pepper and ketchup.

You have more kilometres on your snow blower than your car.

You have 10 favorite recipes for moose meat.

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: February 3, 2012 00:21

Doxa
Come On
No ranking for Sweden?

Sorry, Sweden didn't make the top ten. But if it helps, both of your neighbours did it (Norway #7; Finland #10). >grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Im, from Denmark but half-swede,half canadian, but please dont compare us with Norway! (no insult Erik and bv)
My guess would be, that Denmark is ranking about 110 and Sweden - well, how low can you go? (LOL)

Forgot: GO Canada GO!!

cheers Bo >grinning smiley<

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-03 00:30 by hedegaard.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: February 3, 2012 00:30

Rockman

True - and Rockman,we also gave the world - "Aussie..Aussie..Aussie..Oi..Oi..Oi"

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 3, 2012 00:34

Smartest contry in the world? I don't know about that. But one thing's for sure - during the winter month's we're the craziest - and not necessarily in a good way!

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: February 3, 2012 00:38

Hedegaard: Maybe we can blame it on the fact that we have many blondes? And you all know how blondes are...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 3, 2012 00:40

klrkcr
Rockman

True - and Rockman,we also gave the world - "Aussie..Aussie..Aussie..Oi..Oi..Oi"

After stealing it from the Welsh who stole it from the Cornish..................

[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-03 00:44 by EddieByword.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: February 3, 2012 00:44

NoCode0680
See how many PhD's you can spot in this picture >grinning smiley<

I kid

That cracked me up. But then again I'm from Toronto.

Date: February 3, 2012 01:58

sweetcharmedlife
M4000D

Umm

Nope still nothing.

that's not insulting enough....besides, isn't ketchup an american invention?

Date: February 3, 2012 02:17

treaclefingers
sweetcharmedlife
M4000D

Umm

Nope still nothing.

Well we did invent amplitude modulation, Java programming, the pager, the Blackberry (by Canucks in the US), the telephone (by a Scott in Canada), the walkie-talkie, the zipper, the 56k modem, the rollersake, the pacemaker, the snowmobile (duh), the quasiturbine, the compound steam engine, the foghorn, sonar, the g-suit, the electric car, the hyrdofoil, the electric wheelchair, ice hockey, the goalie mask (again - duh), basketball, insulin, the electron microscpoe, plexiglass, the Wonderbra, the alkline battery, kerosene, the electric oven, the garbage bag, ginger ale, butter tarts, the Caesar cocktail, IMAX, Superman, the paint roller and.... (sorry Americans but it wasn't Thomas Edison) the light bulb.

[thepowergoats.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-03 02:18 by jamesfdouglas.

Date: February 3, 2012 02:23

jamesfdouglas
treaclefingers
sweetcharmedlife
M4000D

Umm

Nope still nothing.

Well we did invent amplitude modulation, Java programming, the pager, the Blackberry (by Canucks in the US), the telephone (by a Scott in Canada), the walkie-talkie, the zipper, the 56k modem, the rollersake, the pacemaker, the snowmobile (duh), the quasiturbine, the compound steam engine, the foghorn, sonar, the g-suit, the electric car, the hyrdofoil, the electric wheelchair, ice hockey, the goalie mask (again - duh), basketball, insulin, the electron microscpoe, plexiglass, the Wonderbra, the alkline battery, kerosene, the electric oven, the garbage bag, ginger ale, butter tarts, the Caesar cocktail, IMAX, Superman, the paint roller and.... (sorry Americans but it wasn't Thomas Edison) the light bulb.

You forgot timbits!

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: February 3, 2012 02:31

Stoneage
Hedegaard: Maybe we can blame it on the fact that we have many blondes? And you all know how blondes are...

Ups - youre right! Just saw Big Brother from Denmark - lots of blondes - do I have to say more?? AUGH
(forgot to mention our Primeminister Helle Thorning Scmidt, the talking Barbie Girl)

Bo confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-03 02:33 by hedegaard.

Date: February 3, 2012 03:03

treaclefingers
You forgot timbits!

Very true! Tim Horton's were the first to make them. In The States they call them 'doughnut holes'. Very illogical name.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 3, 2012 04:36

Date: February 3, 2012 20:57

jamesfdouglas
treaclefingers
You forgot timbits!

Very true! Tim Horton's were the first to make them. In The States they call them 'doughnut holes'. Very illogical name.

They should insert an entire multivitamin in them and call them 'Nutrition Bits', or Nutrimbits for short...yes, I'd like to be the on the Product Development team.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-04 04:03 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 28, 2012 08:23

I'll be heading to the smartest country in the world in mid May (Toronto). So, SomeTorontoGirl, look out!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 28, 2012 10:09

This is just ridiculous and the percentage of people with postsecondary education is the most pathetic pointer I can imagine. It only shows how easy it is to get the university degree in which coutry.

I see this very bad process in my coutry, where the whole education has completely lost its value just in the last 10 years or so.

When I went to university, which was 16 years ago, tehre were just a handful of universities in our country, one had to do quite strict entrance exams and just some people passed.

Over those last 10 years many new universities emerged out of the blue,both state and private, each town with 100 000 people has its university now (and many smaller ones too)! No entrance exams, literaly anyone can study at a university and literaly everybody who just doesn'd give up gets a degree. So we have cooks and shopgirls with university degrees. Of course the quality level of the schools is usually bellow secondary school, so that anyone can pass (anyone who doesn't have a proper secondary school). I have some frieds teaching...I sometimes can't believe the stories I hear.

And of course, the percentage of people with postsecondary education in our country is rising (while the number of really educated people is sinking, but there are no statiscics covering that). We still hear how we need more universities, since we are still below the European average, and so insane amount of money goes to all those regional universities in small towns. We probably need everyone do have a university degree.

It is bad. Just bad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-28 10:13 by Happy24.

Date: February 28, 2012 10:22

that's funny - I thought Texas was the smartest country!!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: February 28, 2012 10:43

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-28 19:47 by colonial.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: February 28, 2012 13:12

BluzDude
I'll be heading to the smartest country in the world in mid May (Toronto). So, SomeTorontoGirl, look out!

I live in a small town in australia. two of my young friends here have dragged
sweet hot smart canadian babes back here. go on any dating site and the sweetest
hottest smartest women are from canada. what is wrong with canadian men?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1547
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home