Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Brussels Affair in Huffington Post
Date: January 30, 2012 14:16

Wrote this late last year, after downloading the Brussels flac. It remains a revelation. Fond memories of Camden Town bootlegs on C60 Maxwell cassettes....

[www.huffingtonpost.co.uk]

Re: Brussels Affair in Huffington Post
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: January 30, 2012 14:41

I had the Brussels Affair on a cassette tape in the 1970's I just didn't realise it.

I taped it off the Radio one evening (BBC? Did they broadcast it once?), the radio had a two inch speaker I put the hand held mic right up against it.

I loved that tape.

The feedback just before launching into a high tempo Brown Sugar... hair-raising.

Re: Brussels Affair in Huffington Post
Posted by: alimente ()
Date: January 30, 2012 15:18

GravityBoy
I had the Brussels Affair on a cassette tape in the 1970's I just didn't realise it.

I taped it off the Radio one evening (BBC? Did they broadcast it once?), the radio had a two inch speaker I put the hand held mic right up against it.

I loved that tape.

The feedback just before launching into a high tempo Brown Sugar... hair-raising.

Yes,the BBC broadcasted it at least once. A copy of the PreFM BBC master appeared as "Europe 1973" 2LP on Royal Sound,one of the (many) pre-Swingin'Pig monikers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1547
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home