Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Has Tops ever been on an album or anything?
Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: January 19, 2012 15:44

Howdy

I've been listening to the 'Goats Head Soup Outtakes - How Do You Hide Your Love' (great listen by the way!)

The song 'Tops' has some great Lead guitar playing on it, lovely Peter Green/Danny Kirwan style whammy bar playing on it - really like the tune.

Theres no vocals tho, is it on anything, or to be found anywhere else with more 'meat on the bones?'

thanks for your help!!

Re: Has Tops ever been on an album or anything?
Date: January 19, 2012 15:50

confused smiley

Date: January 19, 2012 15:53

ha ha...

i'll get me coat, Tattoo you.oopseye rolling smileysmiling smiley
prefer the instrumental MILES more

Posted by: iggy.pop ()
Date: January 19, 2012 15:54

According to Nico Zentgraf, TOPS was recorded during the GHS sessions in Jamaica : Nico's site

So, you can find the definitive TOPS on the TATTOO YOU album.

Date: January 19, 2012 15:55

Nico's site hasn't worked for me for quite some time. It must be blocked from the U.S. or the state of Louisiana.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: January 19, 2012 16:15

i remember listening to TOPS as a kid on Tatoo You and thinking...what the f&ck? That isn't a Ron Wood or Keith R solo !! If it's Ron Wood he has definately improved!

then finally found out that MT was the fine player of yet another stinging solo.

great song.

Date: January 20, 2012 11:28

There's no whammy bar on Tops. Just Mick Taylor's vibrato, and there should be no suprise that it was released on Tattoo You smiling smiley

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: January 20, 2012 15:39

Played live in 1981

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 20, 2012 20:22

Uh....Beevis?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 20, 2012 22:02

...and this was the last we saw of Captainchaos on IORR

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 20, 2012 22:07

I heard this Outtake from the some girls session called Never Stop. If they ever re worked the lyrics and realeased that they'd have a serious hit on their hands.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-20 22:08 by ryanpow.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: January 21, 2012 00:35

Well, Im confused. have you heard that Beatles out take, scrambled eggs, they should have kept working on it.

Posted by: JDel ()
Date: January 22, 2012 14:56

<<Nico's site hasn't worked for me for quite some time. It must be blocked from the U.S. or the state of Louisiana.>>

Hmmm, this is the second time we have heard that. The other people experiencing that problem are in California and use At&T. But: Tests carried out have shown that the site is ONLY blocked, if you are behind a router. If you are accessing the internet with a direct connection without a router on your side or via a smartphone, nzentgraf.de worked. Can you please mail me your configuration and the way you connect to the net so we can get more info on this rather special problem. We are especially interested in which provider you use and which router and firmware you use, if you use one. Thanks a lot.

JDel, webmaster at nzentgraf.de

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 22, 2012 16:38

one hot mess...but I love it.......

Date: January 22, 2012 18:52

JDel
<<Nico's site hasn't worked for me for quite some time. It must be blocked from the U.S. or the state of Louisiana.>>

Hmmm, this is the second time we have heard that. The other people experiencing that problem are in California and use At&T. But: Tests carried out have shown that the site is ONLY blocked, if you are behind a router. If you are accessing the internet with a direct connection without a router on your side or via a smartphone, nzentgraf.de worked. Can you please mail me your configuration and the way you connect to the net so we can get more info on this rather special problem. We are especially interested in which provider you use and which router and firmware you use, if you use one. Thanks a lot.

Wireless router, AT&T DSL. I'll find the cord and do a direct connection. Dunno when that'll be though. I'll be sure to check back here.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: January 22, 2012 19:49

I can never get on it either. Very frustrating.

Date: January 22, 2012 20:02

Erik_Snow
...and this was the last we saw of Captainchaos on IORR

ha ha yeah yeah - i defo boobed on this one, does sound like a bigsby/whammy being used on the lead alittle tho, granted i MAY be wrong here & it defo could be taylor's vibrato, so will take what botty slaps may come my way

Date: January 25, 2012 17:45

JUST FYI - I use TOR routing software as it's designed to cloak your ID/IP in cyberspace (granted, as much as possible). The free download for the router software/browser bundle is here -->

[www.torproject.org]

After zero successful attemps to access Nico's site, I fired up TOR and BOOM, 1st try I was in. It's not hard to use, but if you're not technically inclined you'd be doing yourself a favor finding someone who is.

JDel

Date: January 25, 2012 18:11

I got the torproject. Still doesn't work!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2017
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home