Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Question about Bill Germans book "How I Got Mixed Up w/ the Stones & lived to tell about it.
Date: January 15, 2012 22:23

I checked it out at the library and didn't finish it cause it was due and I was busy but can someone tell me what happened?

Lived to tell about it? Was Ronnie mad or let him go?

Thanks in advance.

Stones.

Re: Question about Bill Germans book "How I Got Mixed Up w/ the Stones & lived to tell about it.
Date: January 15, 2012 22:38

They all lived happily ever after.

Re: Question about Bill Germans book "How I Got Mixed Up w/ the Stones & lived to tell about it.
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 15, 2012 23:10

The butler did it.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 16, 2012 00:29

Bill G. gave some fans free tickets to Mick's WANDERING SPIRIT club gig in Manhattan, and so many of the fans were ungrateful and greedy that Bill plunged into a depression and planned to commit suicide by jumping off the upper balcony at one of Keith's Beacon Theatre solo gigs. But then, seeing the balcony, he figured it wasn't high enough to kill him. And then, fortunately, Bill started to get feedback from some grateful fans who'd seen the WANDERING SPIRIT show—like a girl with cancer who, after she got a ticket from Bill, stopped feeling life was cursing her at every turn—and his spirits buoyed. And then he did decide to voluntarily close down his newsletter.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 16, 2012 00:39

Go see one of his recent speaking engagements is my advice. He could be in your town soon. He is hilarious and eats up audience questions like rockmans some connections thread eats up pages....peace.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 16, 2012 01:40

He lived long enough to write a book and make money about the band he complained was too interested in making money about.

Date: January 16, 2012 02:41

Title5Take1
Bill G. gave some fans free tickets to Mick's WANDERING SPIRIT club gig in Manhattan, and so many of the fans were ungrateful and greedy that Bill plunged into a depression and planned to commit suicide by jumping off the upper balcony at one of Keith's Beacon Theatre solo gigs. But then, seeing the balcony, he figured it wasn't high enough to kill him. And then, fortunately, Bill started to get feedback from some grateful fans who'd seen the WANDERING SPIRIT show—like a girl with cancer who, after she got a ticket from Bill, stopped feeling life was cursing her at every turn—and his spirits buoyed. And then he did decide to voluntarily close down his newsletter.

Hmm, true?

I might read it cause it sounds interesting.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 16, 2012 02:57

What's a library?

Date: January 16, 2012 03:12

More Hot Rocks
What's a library?

It's a place where you check out books, cd's and movies.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 16, 2012 03:25

steel driving hammer
Title5Take1

Hmm, true?

I might read it cause it sounds interesting.

Yeah, it's from the book.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 16, 2012 04:53

I will be going to ramsey new jersey on march 4th, anyone else?

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 16, 2012 11:29

Everyone should see Bill's lecture on YouTube; it really helps flesh out the book.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 16, 2012 13:15

steel driving hammer
I checked it out at the library and didn't finish it cause it was due and I was busy but can someone tell me what happened?

Thanks in advance.

Stones.

What ? You didn't buy Bill German's book ?
You should,it's a nice read and for sure it's worth while finishing it smiling smiley

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 16, 2012 13:16

Thanks for posting this video I never watched,bliss !
Since it's quite a long one ,I haven't finished watching it yet but I will for sure .

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 16, 2012 16:40

steel driving hammer
More Hot Rocks
What's a library?

It's a place where you check out books, cd's and movies.

I was being sarcastic

Date: January 16, 2012 16:49

SwayStones
steel driving hammer

Thanks in advance.

Stones.

What ? You didn't buy Bill German's book ?
You should,it's a nice read and for sure it's worth while finishing it smiling smiley

I just live a block away from the library and it's bigger and better than my own.

I was nice read when he was w/ Ronnie and all that coke, fantastic read!

It just was due back and didn't want to pay the fine.

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: January 16, 2012 16:52

The first half of the book is certainly FASCINATING. I don't really like that much the second half when the author sounds more drama-queen than anything else, but overall is a pretty enjoyable book.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 16, 2012 17:59

Bliss
Everyone should see Bill's lecture on YouTube; it really helps flesh out the book.

Loads of interesting stuff in there! thumbs up

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: January 16, 2012 18:16

Bill wrote a book in German?

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: January 16, 2012 18:38

I really liked Bill's book. Quite liked his writing style too.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 16, 2012 18:47

I wonder what his pseudonym here on iorr is? Surely, he must be posting here?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 16, 2012 19:27

Why are video links being deleted?

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: January 17, 2012 21:46

It's a great book. Very good account of a time in stones land not too well documented elsewhere..
The most telling revelation in it is MJ saying he was doing steel wheels/urban jungle purely for the money.. Obvious really but nice to get confirmation from the inside.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 17, 2012 22:09

Stoneage

He doesnt.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 18, 2012 00:36

Gazza
Stoneage

He doesnt.

Didn't really believe so either. Even if he was it's not my business anyway...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 18, 2012 00:42

Stoneage

No he's not unfortunately. I am in contact with him and he recently told me that he ocasionally browses the IORR forum but has never posted. He is a class act , all grown up. Cheers Bill. peace.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: January 18, 2012 00:56

Amazing story, amazing read. A MUST BUY for any hardcore Stones fan. What a life! What dedication this dude had!

also to aid you in finding the book, the title is actually: Under Their Thumb.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-18 00:57 by lettingitbleed.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: January 18, 2012 01:05

It is interesting that he says the Keith Richards described in Life is totally different from the KR he knew. I thought I was a KR fan for two decades, but if the man from Life would offer me a Whiskey or even a Single Malt I would certainly reject it. I really like these drinks.

Date: January 18, 2012 01:25

sweetcharmedlife
He lived long enough to write a book and make money about the band he complained was too interested in making money about.

I'm sure he made money but not like what you're implying.

How did the book end? Bill German grew up.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 18, 2012 03:44

I finally have gotten this book. On my Kindle. I started reading it the other day. It is amazing how easy he makes it sound that he got access to The Stones. I mean he worked it! And you have to be impressed by his perseverance. He had some balls. Not a overly creative or literate read, but fun, and interesting so far. Worth it!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2157
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home