Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The value of bootlegs these days
Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: January 14, 2012 20:51

Does anybody have an idea what the value is of bootlegs (cd's) today?
I want so sell my collection because I have everyting on Itunes and stuff.
I also prefer more the offical things like the some girls box, L&G etc..

Re: The value of bootlegs these days
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 14, 2012 20:56

I'd say your bootlegged CDs are worth the time it takes to find what you want here...
[www.iorr.org]

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Sacke ()
Date: January 14, 2012 20:56

bart-man

They are 7 euro per cd. I'll give you my emailadress tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: January 14, 2012 20:59

Joram..... gewoon houden die rommel.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: January 14, 2012 21:02

silver pressed boots ,i think are still worth $20 per disk(with jewel box & artwork)...cdrs ,on the other hand,are not worth much as everyone can dl them for free....

Date: January 14, 2012 22:34

silver press, cdr, same thing in terms of value these days. CDs are a dying medium anyways.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: January 14, 2012 22:38

When I sold my CD collection on here, I told everyone exactly what it was for.. We were expecting our first baby girl (who is now a year and a half old and a sweetheart!) and starting a new business. A few folks bought up choice discs, the rest went on ebay. It helps if you specify the reason for selling them. There are some charitable guys n gals on here. smileys with beer

Date: January 14, 2012 22:41

Vocalion
Joram..... gewoon houden die rommel.
Ik heb alles in the cloud gestald en
Ik heb ruimte nodig

Date: January 14, 2012 22:48

flacnvinyl
When I sold my CD collection on here, I told everyone exactly what it was for.. We were expecting our first baby girl (who is now a year and a half old and a sweetheart!) and starting a new business. A few folks bought up choice discs, the rest went on ebay. It helps if you specify the reason for selling them. There are some charitable guys n gals on here. smileys with beer
Same situation here. We are expecting our second baby child and I need some space in the attic.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 14, 2012 22:55

Well you could get busted for sellin bootlegs , as far as I know you are still breaking copyright laws so beware. peace.

Date: January 14, 2012 23:04

Actually that's a good point. We all know ripping and selling released music and movies is stealing, no different than shoplifting a CD or DVD.

I'm not aware of the laws, if they exist, which protect unreleased material. And would the laws be different for live recordings of released, published songs vs unreleased original tracks.

Which opens up a lot of issues, for instance... if someone were to record cover versions of unreleased songs (Zip Mouth Angel, Blood Red Wine) but claim them as their own... what laws would stop them? If a song's unlreased is it protected the same way???

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 15, 2012 02:14

Not really James. There are two basic types of copyrights, those of song composing (vocal melody and lyrics are all that's covered!) and those of performances. If something has not been "released" in theory it is not copyrighted, but it's a fine line because the tapes which contain the live performance can indeed be easily copyrighted and are certainly owned by either the taper or the band doing the performance. Usually people wait till they release something and their publisher does the whole copyrighting procedure and paperwork. I'll bet it can even be done on-line these days.

Releasing something is fairly well defined and fairly easy to accomplish in this day of internet music. Internet Law is becoming more complex so let's hope the lawyers don't ruin that like they have most everything else they get too involved with. peace

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 15, 2012 02:25

jamesfdouglas
I'd say your bootlegged CDs are worth the time it takes to find what you want here...
[www.iorr.org]
yeah well nobody knew that back when boots were the only way to get what you wanted before HERE existed

Date: January 15, 2012 02:28

bart-man

Bad idea. Don't do it. Keep your collection. Besides, it means more to give it to someone - the ultimate present/surprise.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 15, 2012 02:33

my original boot collection means very much to me, all the hard work to search out and find rare titles from all over the world is a real thrill, i understand if people just settle for trading and downloading thats fine if thats your thing

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 15, 2012 02:39

Good Idea....if someone wants to get rid of his Stones collection....at least that´s how I bought 11 Stones singles in the early 70´s from someone who put all his records on a tape recorder .......paid 11 guilders for it grinning smiley

Date: January 15, 2012 06:42

jamesfdouglas
Actually that's a good point. We all know ripping and selling released music and movies is stealing, no different than shoplifting a CD or DVD.

I'm not aware of the laws, if they exist, which protect unreleased material. And would the laws be different for live recordings of released, published songs vs unreleased original tracks.

Which opens up a lot of issues, for instance... if someone were to record cover versions of unreleased songs (Zip Mouth Angel, Blood Red Wine) but claim them as their own... what laws would stop them? If a song's unlreased is it protected the same way???

Those songs were copyrighted when they were written, regardless of on paper or magnetic or digital. They are protected period.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: January 15, 2012 14:22

Naturalust
Well you could get busted for sellin bootlegs , as far as I know you are still breaking copyright laws so beware. peace.

Haha, good luck trying to stop that industry.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1393
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home