Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Taylor Gig At Kinross
Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: January 14, 2012 00:31

Mick is rumoured to be playing at the Green in Kinross on March 10, you can get tickets by calling 01577863467, dont know much else except the news was posted by David Mundell on Facebook.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-14 00:31 by lapaz62.

Re: Mick Taylor Gig At Kinross
Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: January 14, 2012 01:07

Get that lazy bastard to the US!

Date: January 14, 2012 03:06

Hey, I dont even know where Kinross is, the UK, Im guessing.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: January 14, 2012 09:17

Kinross is in Scotland - a small Village near to where 'T' In The Park is held.Mick Taylor is friends or knows the management. I had tickets for the same event last year but alas - you've guessed it he pulled out.Don't stake your mortgage on it happening.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: January 14, 2012 12:19

Mick T. is supposed to do a few gigs with Ben Waters in Germany later this month (see benwaters.com)

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: January 14, 2012 13:28

Confirm Mick Taylor Band are playing at The Green Hotel Kinross on Saturday 10 th March 2012. Tickets are only £25.00 !!!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: January 14, 2012 13:49

hickorywind
Confirm Mick Taylor Band are playing at The Green Hotel Kinross on Saturday 10 th March 2012. Tickets are only £25.00 !!!

"ONLY £25" - Outside of die hard fans Mick is hardly remembered by the general public.

I was at a John Mayall gig back in 2004 and John and Mick had seperate tables for signing and selling cds etc.Massive queues at Mayall's table.Mick stood alone until I approached ,tongue tied like a teenager . He is a hero to me.Unfortunately he has never got the credit he deserves ,but even among fans, making commitments to one of his shows is a risk with his "no show" reputation.
I wish him well and hope the gig is a knock out for everyone attending.

sc uk

Posted by: mukerstones ()
Date: January 14, 2012 15:45

He's playing in the Buck Hotel, Reeth, Swaledale in the the Yorkshire Dales on March the 9th, tickets available now at £14.50.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 14, 2012 21:55

straycatuk
hickorywind

"ONLY £25" - Outside of die hard fans Mick is hardly remembered by the general public.

I was at a John Mayall gig back in 2004 and John and Mick had seperate tables for signing and selling cds etc.Massive queues at Mayall's table.Mick stood alone until I approached ,tongue tied like a teenager .

Isn't it ironic that the feeling Mick got in his fingers is priceless? sad smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 14, 2012 22:09

Amsterdamned
straycatuk
hickorywind

I was at a John Mayall gig back in 2004 and John and Mick had seperate tables for signing and selling cds etc.Massive queues at Mayall's table.Mick stood alone until I approached ,tongue tied like a teenager .

Isn't it ironic that the feeling Mick got in his fingers is priceless? sad smiley

Mick's train's a comin still. He is a Superstar over here in America , surpasses John Mayall I am guessing and I will join lettingitbleed's insightful statement "someone get that lazy bastard over to the States!" He could use some California sunshine and fresh air and we make great wine too! peace.

Date: January 15, 2012 00:28

I find it hard to beleive that anyone at a Mayall Gig would be unaware about Mick Taylor, like the Stones most of Mayalls better work was in the late 60s with Clapton, Green and Taylor.

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: January 15, 2012 02:22

lapaz62
I find it hard to beleive that anyone at a Mayall Gig would be unaware about Mick Taylor, like the Stones most of Mayalls better work was in the late 60s with Clapton, Green and Taylor.

Quite. Mr SC UK doesn't really paint an accurate picture.
It's not that the crowd at a Mayall gig is not interested in meeting MT but Taylor is not keen on standing behind a stall calling out: "CDs for sale here !" "Only eight pounds !" "Special offer, only today!", the way John Mayall routinely does before and after his gigs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-15 02:23 by Lightnin'.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 15, 2012 12:54

delete

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1123
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home