Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Why Not An Album Of Covers?
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 2, 2016 06:02

donvis
Thank me everyone. I first proposed this in 2012!!!! And a lot of you shot me down!
You're certainly allowed to gloat smiling smiley

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: December 2, 2016 14:17

The new CD is all covers, isn't it?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 3, 2016 00:55

Father Ted
The new CD is all covers, isn't it?

I like your signature line Father Ted. thumbs up

"I don't want to play old music...it's fighting battles that are already over and calling yourself a warrior...I have to move on. Life is too short to live in the past" - Henry Rollins

Good old Henry keeping it real. thumbs up

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 3, 2016 02:57

keefriff99
donvis
Thank me everyone. I first proposed this in 2012!!!! And a lot of you shot me down!
You're certainly allowed to gloat smiling smiley

Been saying that for years to my brother. Fans since 64

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 3, 2016 19:59

donvis

I wouldn't expect them to give you any credit.

They never acknowledged my original "Exile" on "Main Street" idea either.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 3, 2016 20:44

donvis

I did not read you then. Besides, as I answered you once before towards your claim in another thread, myself searching for and finding this thread, it was really Doxa, who spesifically, with reference to an earlier post of his, not only mentionned covers, but specified this to being of the BLUES.

I really would have wished for two additional posts from Doxa, probably now using his capabilities in more rewarding contexts. One, an appraisal of the new album. Secondly, a possibly new perspective of the periodization of the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 3, 2016 22:05

Per Keith, if someone would have suggested this album beforehand, it never would have happened. Had to happen naturally as it did, he claims..

Couple that with the fact that by all accounts they have been using blues covers to warm up or "cleanse the pallet" during rehearsals etc.since forever, and Keith getting Ronnie to learn one of the songs, Im going to credit.. Keith.

Rest of it kinda falls into the "throw enough cr@p at a wall, somethings gotta stick" category.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-03 22:06 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: December 4, 2016 00:34

Perhaps. But I never read Doxa's post. Mine was written in anticipation of the 50th Anniversary. And all I remember is all the negative responses!
Witness
donvis

I did not read you then. Besides, as I answered you once before towards your claim in another thread, myself searching for and finding this thread, it was really Doxa, who spesifically, with reference to an earlier post of his, not only mentionned covers, but specified this to being of the BLUES.

I really would have wished for two additional posts from Doxa, probably now using his capabilities in more rewarding contexts. One, an appraisal of the new album. Secondly, a possibly new perspective of the periodization of the Rolling Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-04 00:36 by donvis.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1595
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home