Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Don Was-new link to the Stones and the Dead
Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: November 24, 2018 19:34

I have been watching the Wolf Brothers (Bob Weir, Mark Karan & Don Was). They sound great as a trio. Would love to see Weir play with the Stones. Slide duel w/ Ronnie! I know Keith had a joke about the Dead in the past, not sure how Mick feels but clearly they all enjoy the same music-from blues to Dylan, Country, reggae and writing their own songs. If the Stones can play with Justin Timberlake and Taylor Swift then certainly they can make room Mr. Weir!

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Don Was-new link to the Stones and the Dead
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: November 28, 2018 02:47

The Dead had a couple of Stones tunes in their repertoire, so there wouldn't be the problem of the guest stumbling through a song s/he doesn't really know.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 28, 2018 13:57

NO

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: November 28, 2018 14:52

With all due respect doitwork, sees Weir may know their material better than the stones! OK ...not really but I recall an interview with Jerry Garcia when asked about what material and how much they (Grateful Dead) rehearse. Satisfaction was a song he mentioned they did not rehearse. My point is I believe the Stones like to rehearse before a tour starts in part to figure out the set list/s. Seems for most tours the set list did not vary too much. Weirs recent outing with The Wolf Brothers seemed to cover a lot of material-I could not help but wonder when Weir had time rehearse. Can you imagine a member of the Stones coming off a tour (as Weir did w/ Dead & Co) and then eventually hitting the road with another band who's set list varied night to night?

in short, there is a lot of common musical ground with the Dead & Stones.Would love to see a collaboration of sorts. I remember when folks used to say Mick Taylor would NEVER play with the stones again!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1939
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home