Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Don Was-new link to the Stones and the Dead
Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: November 24, 2018 19:34

I have been watching the Wolf Brothers (Bob Weir, Mark Karan & Don Was). They sound great as a trio. Would love to see Weir play with the Stones. Slide duel w/ Ronnie! I know Keith had a joke about the Dead in the past, not sure how Mick feels but clearly they all enjoy the same music-from blues to Dylan, Country, reggae and writing their own songs. If the Stones can play with Justin Timberlake and Taylor Swift then certainly they can make room Mr. Weir!

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Don Was-new link to the Stones and the Dead
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: November 28, 2018 02:47

The Dead had a couple of Stones tunes in their repertoire, so there wouldn't be the problem of the guest stumbling through a song s/he doesn't really know.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 28, 2018 13:57

NO

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: November 28, 2018 14:52

With all due respect doitwork, sees Weir may know their material better than the stones! OK ...not really but I recall an interview with Jerry Garcia when asked about what material and how much they (Grateful Dead) rehearse. Satisfaction was a song he mentioned they did not rehearse. My point is I believe the Stones like to rehearse before a tour starts in part to figure out the set list/s. Seems for most tours the set list did not vary too much. Weirs recent outing with The Wolf Brothers seemed to cover a lot of material-I could not help but wonder when Weir had time rehearse. Can you imagine a member of the Stones coming off a tour (as Weir did w/ Dead & Co) and then eventually hitting the road with another band who's set list varied night to night?

in short, there is a lot of common musical ground with the Dead & Stones.Would love to see a collaboration of sorts. I remember when folks used to say Mick Taylor would NEVER play with the stones again!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1167
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home