Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What next? Voodoo /B2B era outtake album
Date: January 2, 2012 15:11

KRiffhard
...and these?? I had never heard of these two songs ..

June 30: New album and tour titled War Horses
Unconfirmed rumours from Virgin and ABKCO are saying the combined new 3CD album of old and new songs will be titled War Horses, also the name of the tour. The album is due out in Aug/Sept, and there should be two new tracks: Don't Know How To Stop and Where Can I Meet You, a ballad by Keith.

40 Licks
Don't Stop
Losing My Touch

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 2, 2012 15:27

DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard

Unconfirmed rumours from Virgin and ABKCO are saying the combined new 3CD album of old and new songs will be titled War Horses, also the name of the tour. The album is due out in Aug/Sept, and there should be two new tracks: Don't Know How To Stop and Where Can I Meet You c, a ballad by Keith.

40 Licks
Don't Stop
Losing My Touch

I agree for '40 licks' and 'Don't Stop' but i'm not so sure that 'Where Can I Meet You' and 'Losing my touch' are the same song...
Any info's 'bout High and Low ?!

Date: January 2, 2012 15:37

KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard

Unconfirmed rumours from Virgin and ABKCO are saying the combined new 3CD album of old and new songs will be titled War Horses, also the name of the tour. The album is due out in Aug/Sept, and there should be two new tracks: Don't Know How To Stop and Where Can I Meet You c, a ballad by Keith.

40 Licks
Don't Stop
Losing My Touch

I agree for '40 licks' and 'Don't Stop' but i'm not so sure that 'Where Can I Meet You' and 'Losing my touch' are the same song...
Any info's 'bout High and Low ?!

Yeah, come to think of it, Losing My Touch is very much about the opposite than meeting up, LOL! smiling smiley

Date: January 2, 2012 18:54

KRiffhard
...and what about the 'mysterious' B2B outtake called 'High or Low'?!

Jan. 10, 2002: Keith collaboration with Sheryl Crow
Keith and Sheryl Crow have been working on a song called "High and Low", she told reporters backstage at the American Music Awards in Los Angeles last night. It is still a work-in-progress and it won't be on her album, which comes out in a few months.

Well, that's probably just a bunch of crap that was said to sound vital or relevant, as people like to say. Whether it is a BTB outtake or a different song is moot - it doesn't really exist, does it.

Date: January 2, 2012 20:04

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
KRiffhard
...and what about the 'mysterious' B2B outtake called 'High and Low'?!

Keith and Sheryl Crow have been working on a song called "High and Low", she told reporters backstage at the American Music Awards in Los Angeles last night. It is still a work-in-progress and it won't be on her album, which comes out in a few months.

Well, that's probably just a bunch of crap that was said to sound vital or relevant, as people like to say. Whether it is a BTB outtake or a different song is moot - it doesn't really exist, does it.

...what reason had Sheryl Crow to give a false information about a false collaboration with a false title of a song that doesn't really exist?! I've never heard a denial from Keef ...

Date: January 3, 2012 17:56

KRiffhard
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
KRiffhard

...what reason had Sheryl Crow to give a false information about a false collaboration with a false title of a song that doesn't really exist?! I've never heard a denial from Keef ...

I'm viewing it from the point of it was just tongue wagging to show how close she was with the Stones, man, and that nothing ever came of this. Otherwise, if it was so cool how come it never came out? No denial from Keith because it's nowhere near the ranking of painting the ceiling!

Date: January 3, 2012 23:03

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
KRiffhard
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
KRiffhard

I'm viewing it from the point of it was just tongue wagging to show how close she was with the Stones, man, and that nothing ever came of this. Otherwise, if it was so cool how come it never came out? No denial from Keith because it's nowhere near the ranking of painting the ceiling!

I don't know, but apparently it's a song that really does exist and for unknown reason has never been published.

Date: April 21, 2011 21:42
Posted by: Rocky Dijon
(...) Every so often someone is kind enough to pass along information on Keith being back in the studio but in the end it usually turns out to just be Keith doing a quick overdub or backing vocal for someone else's album (Lee "Scratch" Perry, Marianne Faithfull, Sheryl Crow, and most recently Tom Waits). The recent news that Keith and Ronnie were in the studio with Chuck Leavell turned out to be for Chuck's next album. So it was that I greeted the news posted here about Keith moving 100 pieces of gear with X-Pensive Winos lettering with skepticism.
Keith hasn't exactly appeared productive outside of the Stones. There were sessions with the Winos after the VOODOO LOUNGE tour but like Mick's abandoned sessions at the same time, the tracks were cannibalized to make BRIDGES TO BABYLON and most of Keith's downtime was spent working on Wingless Angels or on his sister-in-law's gospel album. There were hopeful signs of Keith's logging studio time with Rob Fraboni, Blondie Chaplin, and George Recile in 2000 and 2001 but at the end of the day all we have to show for it are covers of "You Win Again" and "Still a Fool." Great stuff to be sure, but where's the album with a reworked version of the BRIDGES outtake "High or Low" featuring Sheryl Crow on vocals?

(....)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1585
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home