Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is Don Cherry A Rolling Stones Fan?
Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: December 29, 2011 07:55

Just curious. I love NHL color commentator Don Cherry. Do any of you know if he is perhaps a fan of the Stones?

Re: Is Don Cherry A Rolling Stones Fan?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 29, 2011 08:14

He strikes me more of a Sinatra aficionado.

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: December 29, 2011 08:23

treaclefingers
He strikes me more of a Sinatra aficionado.

Well, truth be told I am also a huge fan of Sinatra.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: December 29, 2011 08:52

Well maybe you can try to convince Frank Jr. to do a tour where he pretends to be his pop.

As for Don Cherry, I hear he's more into Lou Reed. He even played on The Bells, but that was a different Don Cherry.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 29, 2011 09:30

I don't think Don cares for anything except for hockey. I think music would be off his radar. He eats sleeps and breathes hockey. If he were a fan of any music, I have a feeling it would only be Canadian artists.

I can't imagine him being a Stones fan, or any rock music really. I think Mick Jagger is offensive to everything Don believes. Don doesn't think people are really men if they wear a visor on the ice, what do you think he would make of Mick cupping Ronnie's crotch in Texas '78?

Date: December 29, 2011 11:13

NoCode0680
I don't think Don cares for anything except for hockey. I think music would be off his radar. He eats sleeps and breathes hockey. If he were a fan of any music, I have a feeling it would only be Canadian artists.

I can't imagine him being a Stones fan, or any rock music really. I think Mick Jagger is offensive to everything Don believes. Don doesn't think people are really men if they wear a visor on the ice, what do you think he would make of Mick cupping Ronnie's crotch in Texas '78?

I agree...I also think Don is an idiot.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: December 29, 2011 12:24

Don Cherry that played with Lou Reed, also played on Ornette Coleman's Atlantic recordings, and is Nenah and Eagle Eye Cherry's father.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 29, 2011 16:09

Don Cherry is a narcissistic bigot.

Posted by: Turner ()
Date: December 29, 2011 16:20

Wait a minute, I thought Don Cherry ceremoniously agreed to never come back until the tour started?

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: December 29, 2011 16:24

Don Cherry is awesome,, and he calls it like the majority of Canadians see it, but are afraid to say it,,,

he has character and heart,, and that is was scares people who thinks he is a idiot,,

to bad he never ran for prime minister years ago,,, Canada could have been even better then it is now

Canadian flags would fly proud and children would know and sign our national anthem again

Date: December 29, 2011 17:21

northernale1
Canadian flags would fly proud and children would know and sign our national anthem again
I don't need Don Cherry in order to feel proud to be Canadian. In fact, if he were PM he would have sent our troops to Iraq under false pretenses. Thankfully, Jean Chrétien was wise enough to say no to that boondoggle. If the majority of Canadians are bigots and ignorant like Cherry is, then this was once a great country.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-29 17:22 by GumbootCloggeroo.

Date: December 29, 2011 17:33

GumbootCloggeroo
northernale1
I don't need Don Cherry in order to feel proud to be Canadian. In fact, if he were PM he would have sent our troops to Iraq under false pretenses. Thankfully, Jean Chrétien was wise enough to say no to that boondoggle. If the majority of Canadians are bigots and ignorant like Cherry is, then this was once a great country.

I could not have framed that reply better gumboot....thank you. Good use of 'boondoggle', I might add.

Date: December 29, 2011 18:03

smileys with beer

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 29, 2011 18:15

Don Cherry tells it like it is. I would think he loves the Stones....or Ann Murray

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 29, 2011 19:25

In my world is Don Cherry a pocket-trumpet-player who didn't gave a ....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: December 29, 2011 19:31

"You don’t invite a pit bull. If you want a pit bull, you get a pit bull"
Don Cherry

Date: December 29, 2011 21:08

reg thorpe
"You don’t invite a pit bull. If you want a pit bull, you get a pit bull"
Don Cherry

How about if I don't invite or want a pit bull...can I forego the pitbull entirely?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-29 21:41 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 29, 2011 21:14

don cherry was an amazing avant-garde trumpeter...but i don't believe he dug the stones much...oh baby....

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: December 29, 2011 22:18

Don Cherry has too big of an ego to have any love for anyone other than himself and his fabulous wardrobe.

We switched cable providers and I no longer get to see Hockey Night In Canada, so I don't see Don Cherry anymore.....and I don't miss him, at all.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: December 29, 2011 22:57

I agree with treaclefingers and Gumboot Cloggeroo wholeheartedly. Cherry is an embarrassment and please don't try and claim he speaks for all, or most, Canadians. I happened to see an old broadcast from the 80's a couple of weeks ago where he was doing color and at least he didn't shout every word then. It was interesting to note that he hadn't developed his "persona" yet back then. Absolutely loathe the man. Love hockey, have played it most of my 46 years,LOATHE Cherry.

And,to the original question,I'm pretty certain he's not a Stones fan. I imagine he sees them as effeminate, long-haired pinkos,although I don't think he'd use the word "effeminate".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-30 07:47 by andrewm.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2065
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home