Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Glimmer Twins
Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: December 24, 2011 02:52

Anyone seen/or remember this - bearded MJ and Keith seems "tired" or is that"wired"? Enjoy.

Re: Glimmer Twins
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 24, 2011 03:08

wild interview...i wonder how many of those types of interviews no one has heard about, or remembers the Stones have done through the years?

Thanks for the discovery and sharing!

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: December 24, 2011 03:22

The Bearded Jaggers would be a great band name.

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: December 24, 2011 10:26

great post never seen that footage before at all

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: December 24, 2011 16:20

Thanks! I've been looking for that interview for quite awhile.

Date: December 24, 2011 16:22

Have never seen this.
What is good is that this is the kind of interviewer that Keith (and therefore Mick in those days) will take serious.

I got to be honest: after watching the whole interview, I was struck that this is one of those times where I see the advantages of the RS lifestyle, but also the shortcomings. This isloated life in a bubble. You have the means to go where you want; ie. to travel to Jamaica or Toronto, UK, Boston. And you have met Tosh, Marley etc. But their grasp of sociology, of people is damaged.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-24 16:35 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 24, 2011 16:32

Serious?

Keith has an ice cold beer in his hand, and Mick is wearing a beard.
I call that somewhat sincere, but serious?

Date: December 24, 2011 16:38

LOL, well I don't know if Jagger should shave his beard to show is dedication to the interview.
But what I meant is that just that it is a Jamaican talking to them is going to make Keith consider the questions more carefully. Probably because he would think himself closer to him than some suit sent over from a magazine in LA.

Date: December 24, 2011 16:50

ahhh

Understood. You may be spot on about that with Keith

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 24, 2011 16:56

Great clip...thank you posting, haven't seen this before. Keith is just ultra cool, so many tried to copy but fell short in so many ways. I'm guessing this was around Ned Kelly era?

Date: December 24, 2011 17:07

crumbling_mice
Great clip...thank you posting, haven't seen this before. Keith is just ultra cool, so many tried to copy but fell short in so many ways. I'm guessing this was around Ned Kelly era?

Off by a mere 10 years

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: December 24, 2011 17:49

This is a nice find; I hadn't seen it before.

I wonder if we'll ever see just Jagger and Richards sharing an interview ever again, just the two of them, apart from with the rest of the band perhaps at formal press conference to announce a farewell tour or similar.

I'm thinking probably not.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: December 24, 2011 17:52

crumbling_mice

No, this had to be around 1979. I think Mick shaved the beard off just before doing promotion for Emotional Rescue. You can see in the interview, Jagger references The Police I believe.

Date: December 24, 2011 19:06

SweetThing
This is a nice find; I hadn't seen it before.

I wonder if we'll ever see just Jagger and Richards sharing an interview ever again, just the two of them, apart from with the rest of the band perhaps at formal press conference to announce a farewell tour or similar.

I'm thinking probably not.
It's a pity that we don't. I think them consenting to do an interview at roughly the same time, on the same subject, but on separate continents, is probably the closest we will come to that. Like when SG and FT Worth came out, they both did a new interview on it. Clever editors made it look like they were aware of each other's answers and were responding to each other. I think both of them are just as aware of them never being the "Twins" anymore, and what that entails. That is why the minute of them being at the same mike in the film didn't mean that much to me. It was too intentional.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home