Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: The Dutch Step Backward
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 18, 2011 19:03

The problem in America is that while the state governments have loosened its laws concerning marijuana, they have their tag team partner, employers, who now have taken the lead.

Most people don't worry about minor possession infractions with regards to civil law but the major worry is employer drug testing. MANY employers now use this "tool" against their employees. If you bump a door handle and get a scratch, that is grounds for a drug test. If you work outdoors and break a branch on a tree belonging to a customer and that customer complains for compensation, you may be drug tested. If you leave work sick, they can send you for a drug test.

So if you sit in the comforts of your home and smoke some marijuana one time, and the next day or even 10 days later one of the above senarios occur you might end up losing your job because of a failed drug test. You could be the best employee in the company. If you have no union, you are definitely screwed. Because they can do what they please with no reprecussions.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 18, 2011 20:31

The Sicilian
The problem in America is that while the state governments have loosened its laws concerning marijuana, they have their tag team partner, employers, who now have taken the lead.

Most people don't worry about minor possession infractions with regards to civil law but the major worry is employer drug testing. MANY employers now use this "tool" against their employees. If you bump a door handle and get a scratch, that is grounds for a drug test. If you work outdoors and break a branch on a tree belonging to a customer and that customer complains for compensation, you may be drug tested. If you leave work sick, they can send you for a drug test.

So if you sit in the comforts of your home and smoke some marijuana one time, and the next day or even 10 days later one of the above senarios occur you might end up losing your job because of a failed drug test. You could be the best employee in the company. If you have no union, you are definitely screwed. Because they can do what they please with no reprecussions.

It is true about some employers that drug testing is abused and used as a way to control employees. I know someone very close to me who lost a job he had for years because he got hurt on the job, and they forced him to take a drug test. He was not high on the job (and it was not the cause of the accident) but because there was marijuana in his system he was fired.

The even worse things is that even though enforcement has loosened up quite a bit, there are still laws on the books in some states that can net a person many years in prison for simple possession.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 19, 2011 18:10

jamesfdouglas

Naturalust
good point NoCode! Get away from the coasts in North America and people are still pretty backward and strange! The American midwest is still mostly like this. Living in Cailfornia most of the year that is easy to forget. peace.

Please take the words "North America" and replace them with "The United States". Thank you.

OK James, I'll concede the Canadians are a different breed throughout all those huge Provinces. My family is from Southern Alberta, I'd better stick up for you guys! Great neighbors to the North is my take on it as an American, always a large time in that large country. I stand corrected. peace.

Date: December 20, 2011 04:56

71Tele
It is true about some employers that drug testing is abused and used as a way to control employees. .

I used to know an airline employee who always wore a plasic bag full of his wife's clean urine . It had a tube tied to the underside of his ..ahem..nozzle. They gave surprise random tests. I can just see the potential problems... "Excuse me Mr. Smith, the good new is your drug screen was clear, the bad news is you're pregnant..." lol . peace.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 20, 2011 05:21

Naturalust
71Tele
It is true about some employers that drug testing is abused and used as a way to control employees. .

I used to know an airline employee who always wore a plasic bag full of his wife's clean urine . It had a tube tied to the underside of his ..ahem..nozzle. They gave surprise random tests. I can just see the potential problems... "Excuse me Mr. Smith, the good new is your drug screen was clear, the bad news is you're pregnant..." lol . peace.
LOL.... with twins...

omuho
Fuking piss testing..... in a free country?..... sheeshh.... now they are doing it schools.... How about this... NEW RULE!!! If the kids and employees are tested then so is the CEO and principal and every teacher... and Chief of Police and all and ALL cops and every Congressman and Mayors and Governors etc etc ..they want that piss testing rule/law... then make it ONE LAW-FOR ALL....... oh.... drug testing like that not such a good idea after all.... yeah I didnt think so.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 20, 2011 05:50

The Tea Party governor of Florida has dictated that all people receiving any form of public assistance be subject to random drug testing. For what? For the crime of being poor?

Chilling.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 20, 2011 05:58

71Tele
The Tea Party governor of Florida has dictated that all people receiving any form of public assistance be subject to random drug testing. For what? For the crime of being poor?

Chilling.

That looks to be a national trend. I wonder, is the Governor also will to piss test? after all, he receives his weekly check from the EXACT same pool of money as the people on public assistance.... as do the Police and Mayors and teachers and ....

Date: December 20, 2011 09:40

71Tele

Chilling.

Welcome to Florida. Anything goes except justice , freedom and liberty. If you guys (and ladies) haven't seen this Entertaining piece of film, you are lucky to be able to look forward to an amazing ride. Things have not changed much in 2011, just alot more criminals involved. How ya gonna stop it? This is the machine that fueled the excessive rock tours in the 70's and eighties. Blame KR as much as anyone. Probabably old news to most of you but here is the link...Cocaine Cowboys...wow. peace.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-20 09:59 by Naturalust.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 21, 2011 23:18

Naturalust

OK James, I'll concede the Canadians are a different breed throughout all those huge Provinces. My family is from Southern Alberta, I'd better stick up for you guys! Great neighbors to the North is my take on it as an American, always a large time in that large country. I stand corrected. peace.

Don't get me wrong... Canada has it's share of backwardness. Just not in our praries. If you want to see us at our worst, take a trip to Quebexico!

drinking smiley

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: December 22, 2011 02:48

jamesfdouglas
Naturalust

Quebexico!

drinking smiley

lmfoa. After working with my men harvesting vegetables all year the last place I want to spend any time is some place that ends in -exico. lol peace.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: February 16, 2012 16:47

[www.coffeeshopsamsterdam.com]

Situation has eased. (Sorry if already posted before.)

There is good news for all the cannabis connoisseurs who like to visit Amsterdam and enjoy the wide variety of weed and hash that is available from the Dutch capital's many coffeeshops. The Dutch Tolerance Policy, that provides the legislation under which the Dutch coffeeshops can operate, will be renewed from 1st July 2011 and will be valid until June 30th 2015.

This means that the feared 'Weedpass', a card only available to Dutch citizens that would factually ban foreigners from buying marijuana at coffeeshops, can only be implemented through local legislation. Since City Councils like Amsterdam do not want the Weedpass scheme and local politicians such as the Mayor of Haarlem have said they do not want it either, it means it will not be possible to implement for at least 4 years during which visitors from abroad can still freely and openly buy hash and weed from Dutch coffeeshops.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 16, 2012 16:58

Naturalust
71Tele

Most drug testing clinics have figured that out already. They make you remove your coats, hoodies, and any handbags before entering the bathroom to supply the sample, but more important, they check the temperature of the urine.

Date: February 16, 2012 17:36

The Sicilian
Naturalust
71Tele

Most drug testing clinics have figured that out already. They make you remove your coats, hoodies, and any handbags before entering the bathroom to supply the sample, but more important, they check the temperature of the urine.

Yes they have temperature indicating strips right on the side of the piss cups. Abbie Hoffman, the late-great 60's radical who wrote the famous book "Steal This Book", wrote a book called "Steal This Urine Test" in the mid-eighties. It had all sort of tricks to fool the initial urine drug screenings. I'm sure it is quite out of date now but he saw the writing on the wall as far as this type of testing is concerned.

The whole premise of urine testing pisses me off (pun intended). Now we've got self-righteous soccer Mom's here in Santa Cruz with dogs for rent who will go into your kids bedroom and find the drugs every time. Nasty business as far as I'm concerned. peace

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 16, 2012 17:53

Drug tests, background checks. Makes me feel like you're being perceived as a criminal until proven you're not.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 16, 2012 18:19

dead.flowers
[www.coffeeshopsamsterdam.com]

Situation has eased. (Sorry if already posted before.)

There is good news for all the cannabis connoisseurs who like to visit Amsterdam and enjoy the wide variety of weed and hash that is available from the Dutch capital's many coffeeshops. The Dutch Tolerance Policy, that provides the legislation under which the Dutch coffeeshops can operate, will be renewed from 1st July 2011 and will be valid until June 30th 2015.

This means that the feared 'Weedpass', a card only available to Dutch citizens that would factually ban foreigners from buying marijuana at coffeeshops, can only be implemented through local legislation. Since City Councils like Amsterdam do not want the Weedpass scheme and local politicians such as the Mayor of Haarlem have said they do not want it either, it means it will not be possible to implement for at least 4 years during which visitors from abroad can still freely and openly buy hash and weed from Dutch coffeeshops.

Uitstekend! smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home