Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Mick and Keith to pay for Hubert Sumlin's funeral
Posted by: djgab ()
Date: December 9, 2011 12:25

yesterday I digged out the London Howlin'Wolf Sessions
recorded in 1970 with the great Hubert Sumlin

and Charlie, Bill, Stu plus Clapton and Winwood
great vibes

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 9, 2011 12:45

It's a very decent and generous thing to do, and clearly not done for its publicity value - the Stones don't go in for that kind of showing-off.

Oh dear - I dived into this thread before I realised it said they were going to PAY for the funeral, not PLAY...

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 9, 2011 13:07

Green Lady
It's a very decent and generous thing to do, and clearly not done for its publicity value - the Stones don't go in for that kind of showing-off.

Absolutely .

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: December 9, 2011 19:34

Nice touch guys!

Posted by: Gibson668 ()
Date: December 9, 2011 20:09

Re The London Sessions.. Nice story of how Clapton took Sumlin to his home and gave him a guitar after a session..Will try to find it..

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: December 11, 2011 01:59

The Sicilian
On a communication level, they are no different than any of us. You have your circle of family, friends and business associates. So does Mick and Keith. If you need to contact them you pick up the phone and call. I have a close friend who has the same home phone number that he had when we were twelve years old.

Trivial matters such as flowers, presents and such, well they have employees that handle that stuff. Most everything nowadays is transacted online and delivered if necessary. I doubt you'll see Mick at the Apple Store or at J.Crew buying a sweater.

Maybe so, but I don't think so. I don't think they call each other for a few reasons. Some of which are personal issues, especially in Mick and Keith's case, and some of which are due to their lifestyles, which are likely often hectic and leave them hard to track down.

I'm not saying they NEVER talk on the phone, but I don't see Mick, or any of them, playing phone tag. I think their organization has a method of keeping track of them, and getting them in touch with each other as needed. I just don't think Mick and Keith spoke with each other about this matter.

And since Hubert's service is in America and they are wherever, it's a given the flowers and whatever else will be handled through various services and not in person.

Date: December 11, 2011 03:54

calm down everyone...it's just a funeral

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1852
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home