Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Stones Will Surge Past Beatles By Achieving Historic 50th And One Last Great Album!
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 30, 2011 21:00

KRiffhard
My own great album is posted on 'Love you too much' thread.

and a well-deserved congratulations to you, sir....

Re: Stones Will Surge Past Beatles By Achieving Historic 50th And One Last Great Album!
Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 30, 2011 21:07

It would be cool if a bunch of guys pushing 70+,to make a kick away record and play some gigs to show the young guys as to how it is done.

Date: November 30, 2011 21:09

i don't think you can push 70+...just sayin'....

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 30, 2011 21:29

StonesTod
KRiffhard

...i meant to say my personal compilation of outtakes to use for a new album spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

1. Not the way to go
2. Lonely at the top
3. I need you
4. Misty Roads
5. It's all wrong
6. She never listen to me
7. Chainsaw rocker
8. Fiji Jim
9. Dancing Girls
10. You got it made

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: November 30, 2011 21:34

GumbootCloggeroo
mickscarey, why do you always spell The Beatles wrong?

Huh? Does it even matter?

Date: November 30, 2011 21:36

KRiffhard
StonesTod
KRiffhard

...i meant to say my personal compilation of outtakes to use for a new album spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

1. Not the way to go
2. Lonely at the top
3. I need you
4. Misty Roads
5. It's all wrong
6. She never listen to me
7. Chainsaw rocker
8. Fiji Jim
9. Dancing Girls
10. You got it made

it's a mistake to indulge me, you know...

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: November 30, 2011 21:40

Some of the best may still be yet to come.

TomSea in the mini-league tournaments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-30 21:41 by BroomWagon.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 1, 2011 00:51

mickscarey
GumbootCloggeroo

i just want to understand you a little better.

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: December 12, 2011 22:54

GumbootCloggeroo
thewatchman
The media has been "all over" the historic 50th anniversary next summer.
give me 8 examples of the media being "all over" this story.

Try removing the pig shit from your ears and the blinders from your eyes! On second thought just remain in the dark.

Date: December 12, 2011 23:36

GumbootCloggeroo
thewatchman
If the Rolling Stones can somehow dig down deep and produce one last great album, achieve 50 years, and go out with at least one last great live performance, (maybe even a tour) the media and rock historians will have no alternative but to declare the Stones the greatest of all time.
It seems as though you don't really have much faith in your beloved Stones. If they were the greatest then why would they need to "dig down deep"? Wouldn't producing something great one last time be easy for them?

Also, just because the Stones have been around for 50 years and The Beatles haven't doesn't make them better or make them "surge past The Beatles". Quality over quantity. The Stones certainly have done a lot of crap over the years. I think their legacy would have been stronger if they closed up shop decades ago.

I have all the faith in the world in my beloved Stones. Ever hear of a fella by the name of Muhammad Ali? Had to dig down deep quite often during the second part of his career to pull out victories. It was those victories, (where he was truly tested) that showed his true greatness. Yes, as you get older things quite often don't come as easy for you as they once did. You may not be as good as you once were, but sometimes, you can be as good once as you ever were. Or something like that.

This idea that the Stones have produced a lot of crap over the years is bullshit. Whatever they have done in the way of albums ranges anywhere from good to great. And their live performances range anywhere from excellent to fantastic, to incredible. Not saying they didn't have an off night here and there over a half century but for the vast majority of times they have always delivered spectacular live performances. Also, not saying they haven't had a few "dud songs" over 50 years, but to say they have produced a lot of crap is ridiculous. As much as I love the Beatles I would take the Stones top 100 songs over the Beatles top 100 any day of the week. They are just way more powerful, in my opinion.

The Stones legacy must include their incredible live performances captured on DVD. We just received another "classic" performance within the last month. There will be many more to come. As much as I love the Beatles the Stones are right there with them. It's like any close football game that is settled in the final minute or overtime. Somebody makes one last great play to win the game. When you consider the Stones high level of performance and for how long they have maintained that high level of performance you have to at some point give them the nod especially over a band that went dead in the water over 40 years ago. The Stones are not finished yet. One last great album and great live performance along with achieving 50 years gives gives them the nod over the Beatles in my opinion. Of course it isn't meant to be taken too seriously, after all, it's only rock 'n roll.

Date: December 12, 2011 23:43

GumbootCloggeroo
mickscarey
GumbootCloggeroo

i just want to understand you a little better.

The only thing you need to understand about Mickscarey is, "Done Deal"! As painful as that is for you to except.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 12, 2011 23:47

love em both but how can you seriously compare the two? One still playes together and one hasn't in over 40 years? Apples and Oak Trees there. peace.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 12, 2011 23:57

thewatchman
GumbootCloggeroo
thewatchman

Try removing the pig shit from your ears and the blinders from your eyes! On second thought just remain in the dark.

Dude, that was harsh. WTF???

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: December 12, 2011 23:59

Naturalust
love em both but how can you seriously compare the two? One still playes together and one hasn't in over 40 years? Apples and Oak Trees there. peace.

I love them both too, but there really is a mythical battle going on for number one rock 'n roll band of all time. It isn't life and death, but it really does exist among fans. Just something to have fun with, to debate. Ultimately, it should be settled by rock historians that are unbiased. Since I was a huge Beatles fan, and still am, I think I can render an unbiased opinion. It's really about being fair and looking at both bodies of work including their live performances. The fact that the Beatles are still in the running and still considered by many as the greatest tells you how great they really were. I would be satisfied if it was just declared a draw and leave it at that.

Date: December 13, 2011 00:06

jamesfdouglas
thewatchman
GumbootCloggeroo
thewatchman

It was meant to be harsh. This guy has shown me no mercy. I think he is someone from my past that just shows up here to take shots at me through something I love dearly, the Stones. About all he can bring to the table is subtle digs at them.

Date: December 13, 2011 00:22

thewatchman
jamesfdouglas
thewatchman
GumbootCloggeroo
thewatchman

It was meant to be harsh. This guy has shown me no mercy. I think he is someone from my past that just shows up here to take shots at me through something I love dearly, the Stones. About all he can bring to the table is subtle digs at them.
thewatchman, i'm not someone from your past. i don't even know you. geez. quit being so paranoid! as far as the insult goes, i don't give a rat's ass. say whatever you want, it's only the internet smiling smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 13, 2011 00:29

On IORR ...even when people get booted, or quit...
Sometimes they come back.... with changed names, but the M.O. remains the same...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-13 00:32 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 13, 2011 01:41

ffffffffffffire!

Date: December 13, 2011 01:42

LOL...

Date: December 13, 2011 01:44

I can exactly imagine beavis... or is that butthead.... sssssaying that

"fffffffire.... cool.... lets burn something"...

I shouldnt laugh.... but.....

Date: December 13, 2011 03:10

BroomWagon
Some of the best may still be yet to come.

You may be right. Depends on how you look at it though. They attempted to up it with the Exile extras but that didn't really reinforce that album. The Some Girls bonus album came closer to doing that.

But some of the best that may still be yet to come is:

Goats Head Soup with bonus tracks; It's Only Rock'N'Roll with bonus tracks; Black And Blue with bonus tracks; Emotional Rescue with bonus tracks.

Fiji Jim/Gin/Jin, Misty Roads and several others from the Some Girls sessions, maybe some of the Dirty Work sessions extras that they may have finished, including the covers they did.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 13, 2011 03:11

Max'sKansasCity

Reminds me of the flamer in Arrested Development.

Date: December 13, 2011 03:23

MKjan
Max'sKansasCity

I havent gotten into AD, but I am sure it is just
a matter of time. I sometimes come late to the party.

Date: December 13, 2011 05:14

GumbootCloggeroo
thewatchman
jamesfdouglas
thewatchman
GumbootCloggeroo
thewatchman

thewatchman, i'm not someone from your past. i don't even know you. geez. quit being so paranoid! as far as the insult goes, i don't give a rat's ass. say whatever you want, it's only the internet smiling smiley

Funny, never thought of it as a game.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 13, 2011 05:49

Max'sKansasCity
MKjan
Max'sKansasCity

THAT, is in fact, WHAT SHE SAID!

Date: December 13, 2011 06:32

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
MKjan
Max'sKansasCity

THAT, is in fact, WHAT SHE SAID!
Thats what she said.

Date: December 13, 2011 06:43

Max'sKansasCity
Sometimes they come back.... with changed names, but the M.O. remains the same...

Strange, no matter what forum I appear on the same ghost follows. Oh, well.

Date: December 13, 2011 06:52

thewatchman
Max'sKansasCity

Strange, no matter what forum I appear on the same ghost follows. Oh, well.

Ever see the Clint Eastwood movie Tightrope?

Date: December 13, 2011 07:01

Well, they were right. The media is not "all over" it.

Date: December 13, 2011 07:07

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Well, they were right. The media is not "all over" it.

Oh No, Not You Again!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 904
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home