Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I Love You Too Much
Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: November 29, 2011 17:19

Pure, vintage Stones.... now why the hell wasn't this the lead single from the reissue???!

Listening to the bonus CD tracks, it strikes me how much energy and passion they play and sing with. They really seem to be enjoying themselves and it's very easy to listen to/sing along with, even for non-Stones fans.... I guess that's whats been missing from their new music for many years.

Plundered My Soul is the recent find that really made me rediscover why the band has been so great in the past... even if they are not like this today.

Rant over!

Re: I Love You Too Much
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 29, 2011 18:09

I don't know, I find this one rather formulaic. The best rockers were the ones that made it on to the album. The ones here seem like throwaways. What's great about the new tracks are the country ones.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: November 29, 2011 18:11

I agree...
One question is why didn't the Stones just release this album as a new stand a lone album like they did
when they released T.You?

Its a far better album then Bigger Bang...Yes i know it wasn't written today...But who cares when it was written...

If it sounds new and fresh and is great thats whats important. Its new to me!!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 29, 2011 18:31

Incidentally, on the long bootleg version I have (certainly not the only one here) Keith starts out singing, "I love you too much," and I've a feeling he's thinking of Anita. And then Mick—just to be contrary and bitchy toward Keith (I think)—starts in singing, "I want to fukc you too much." Keith continues singing, "love you too much." But Mick keeps singing "fukc you too much." Countering Keith's sweet sentiment. Just to be a brat!

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: November 29, 2011 19:26

Not the same song...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 29, 2011 19:30

hot stuff
I agree...
One question is why didn't the Stones just release this album as a new stand a lone album like they did

Its a far better album then Bigger Bang...Yes i know it wasn't written today...But who cares when it was written...

If it sounds new and fresh and is great thats whats important. Its new to me!!

I've had the same thoughts myself. I have been driving around for days with the CD playing in my car. It works as a coherent Stones album (the Exile disc did not, despite the spectacular "Plundered My Soul").

But I had another thought: Imagine a 5-song EP called "Some Country Girls". This would contain the four country songs from this disc plus "Faraway Eyes".

Date: November 29, 2011 19:41

Same song as If You Can't Rock Me?

Some.

Keef could of TORE UP on ILYTM, if he wanted.

Like having wings but can't fly...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 29, 2011 19:51

Title5Take1
Incidentally, on the long bootleg version I have (certainly not the only one here) Keith starts out singing, "I love you too much," and I've a feeling he's thinking of Anita. And then Mick—just to be contrary and bitchy toward Keith (I think)—starts in singing, "I want to fukc you too much." Keith continues singing, "love you too much." But Mick keeps singing "fukc you too much." Countering Keith's sweet sentiment. Just to be a brat!

Finally, another "I Need You" fan...even if you don't know it...

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 29, 2011 19:52

Title5Take1
Incidentally, on the long bootleg version I have ... Mick ... starts in singing "I want to fukc you too much."

you're thinking of I Need You, right?
what i hear is "i won't fvkc you too much" - promises, promises ... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 29, 2011 20:10

hot stuff
I agree...

Bob Dylan's last studio outtake release on his Bootleg series is stunning...practically like a new album. Alternate versions--practically new songs. It could be done if Mick wanted to go this direction but the fact that he's tagging these on to the reissue makes it clear how much he values the outtakes.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 29, 2011 21:53

Munichhilton
Title5Take1

Finally, another "I Need You" fan...even if you don't know it...

Ha. It's been awhile since I played the bootleg and I was working on memory. Well, I learned something today.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 29, 2011 21:57

Justin
hot stuff
I agree...

Bob Dylan's last studio outtake release on his Bootleg series is stunning...practically like a new album. Alternate versions--practically new songs. It could be done if Mick wanted to go this direction but the fact that he's tagging these on to the reissue makes it clear how much he values the outtakes.

Tell Tale Signs? Yes, it´s fantastic. Not one bad song/version.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 29, 2011 23:00

...BEST album since...Tattoo You...IMHO and way better that the EXILE unreleased tracks still IMHO;

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-29 23:00 by Honestman.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 29, 2011 23:35

Honestman
...and way better that the EXILE unreleased tracks still IMHO;

I think most of us thinks the same. The Exile release did have a couple of nuggets though - at least if you count the "previously available" tracks Loving Cup and Good Time Women. But as a whole; the SG Deluxe disc beats Exile by far (IMO as well)

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 30, 2011 00:02

thumbs up

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: November 30, 2011 00:06

I Need You, not I Love You Too Much....
One of my favorite outtakes from those sessions.

Great piano-driven song, with both Mick and Keith sharing vocals....it sounds so spontaneous....'I won't f**ck you too much' and then Keith repeating the line....

Posted by: Pete66 ()
Date: November 30, 2011 09:44

I Love You Too Much is a great song, probably should have been on the original album instead of Lies. Also would have been a better choice as a single instead of No Spare Parts, because it has more direct appeal and after a few plays the chorus won't leave your head for the rest of the day! Suppose they thought they needed a slow country/ballad song just before Christmas.

Pete

Date: November 30, 2011 10:43

I love it! At first, the verses may seem a little like a throwaway, but once you're hooked on that chorus, it's no way back. Great song, great playing, great sound, great performance.

It is presented as one of the new songs on the promo video, but I agree it was a little surprising that they chose No Spare Parts over this one as a single.

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: November 30, 2011 11:40

graet song! i liked it from the very beginning! a typical great stones rocker - that´s why i love them!

Date: November 30, 2011 11:53

with sssoul
Title5Take1
Incidentally, on the long bootleg version I have ... Mick ... starts in singing "I want to fukc you too much."

you're thinking of I Need You, right?
what i hear is "i won't fvkc you too much" - promises, promises ... eye rolling smiley

Yes that is "I Need You", and everytime I hear that song, that part sticks out to me. I honestly don't think there is all that Anita subtext going on. But that is just my opinion. I alwys thought it just showed a fundamental difference in Mick and Keith. Keith just would not sing "I want to fuc k you to much"; especially not in tandem with Jagger.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: November 30, 2011 12:14

Yes, it's one of the highlights. Catchy - a pure stonesrocker.
Pure Stones territory, but something also reminded me of stones-efebes like Iggy Pop (Tell me a story (New Values, 1979 (!)) and New York Dolls 1973-4 (some of Jaggers phrasing has a taste of David Johansen (the "looove-you"-part of the chorus)).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-30 16:29 by GetYerAngie.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 30, 2011 12:31

DandelionPowderman
I love it! At first, the verses may seem a little like a throwaway, but once you're hooked on that chorus, it's no way back. Great song, great playing, great sound, great performance.

Meanwhile I've never looked at it as a throwaway, I agree with you about the chorus - it's terrific, and also the chord sequences that follows right after. Top notch song - at least for being "an outtake"

Date: November 30, 2011 17:54

There's another song that I'm surprised wasn't put on this, it's similar to that goofy Caribbean song in structure but is a rocker more so than I Love You Too Much. When I figure out/remember what it is I'll put it on here but it's better than this song I think, which makes Dance Little Sister seem like Gimme Shelter.

Date: November 30, 2011 17:57

Not The Way To Go.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 30, 2011 18:11

71Tele
I don't know, I find this one rather formulaic. The best rockers were the ones that made it on to the album. The ones here seem like throwaways.

yep. the formula was invented in paris '77...they milked the hell out of then and ever since, too. this song is definitely throwaway stuff...but i'll keep it for now.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 30, 2011 20:40

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Not The Way To Go.

...what a great outtake, and what a great new album could be with these songs:

1. Not the way to go

2. Lonely at the top

3. I need you

4. Misty Roads

5. It's all wrong

6. She never listen to me

7. Chainsaw rocker

8. Fiji Jim

9. Dancing Girls

10. You got it made

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 3, 2011 20:33

KRiffhard
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Not The Way To Go.

...what a great outtake, and what a great new album could be with these songs:

1. Not the way to go

2. Lonely at the top

3. I need you

4. Misty Roads

5. It's all wrong

6. She never listen to me

7. Chainsaw rocker

8. Fiji Jim

9. Dancing Girls

10. You got it made

...another two songs:

11. You Should Have Seen Her Ass

12. It's a lie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2245
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home