Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
2018 No Filter Tour expectations...
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 27, 2018 17:51

...so, what do you expect of the new tour? Same old, same old or something completely new and groundbreaking?
Personally, I think it's just going to be a continuation of the 2017 (or older) tour. Give or take one or two songs. What do you think?

Re: 2018 No Filter Tour expectations...
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: February 27, 2018 17:59

they are going to surprise us all and perform all of Beggars Banquet for the 50th anniversary...

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: February 27, 2018 18:00

Personally, I think it's just going to be a continuation of the 2017 (or older) tour.

Same here.

I got no expectations ...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 27, 2018 18:02

...I realize this thread is close to the sticky one above. But maybe we could discuss opinions and personal thoughts here instead of more practical things like travel and accommodation (which is covered in the thread above)?

Date: February 27, 2018 18:05

They will start in daylight so open with JJF or SMU. I hope they reach their normal level earlier than 2017. Also I expect a big big party in Edinburgh!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 27, 2018 18:07

No different than last year other than the odd songs perhaps. Although it would be cool if they kept doing Dancing With Mr D.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 27, 2018 18:10

Not that I will see any of this tour - don't do stadium shows and can't afford the travel even if I did stadium shows - I would expect much of the same old same old with a few tunes from their catalog scattered throughout to make it seem fresh. On another note, considering how much, for them, the Stones have toured over the past few years, are they on their own version of a Dylanesque never ending tour?

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 27, 2018 18:11

Since it has been almost exactly 42 yrs since Stuttgart 1976 they will open Stuttgart with the same song.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: February 27, 2018 18:11

I hope for more setlist variation than in 2017.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: February 27, 2018 18:39

With the huge backcatalogue they have, I hope for some surprises, but actually have no expectations ... probably the same greatest hits show like last year. I hope Keith will change his set, at least BTMR instead of Happy.

Sue in Spain

My coat is torn and frayed, it's seen much better days, but as long as the guitar plays ....

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 27, 2018 18:43

I expect
to have the RS blast their instruments and voices
into my bones.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: February 27, 2018 18:49

As it was mentioned before the shows will start in the daylight so they'll probably won't start with SFTD. But I hope they won't start with something that obvious like JJF or SMU either. Maybe something more surprising like Let's Spend The Night Together, If You Can't Rock Me, Live With Me or Have You Seen Your Mother Baby?

Date: February 27, 2018 18:54

Bill Wyman opening up with ‘Live With Me’

Blue & Lonesome songs
‘Blue & Lonesome’
‘All of Your Love’
‘I Gotta Go’

and I’m gonna say it,
‘I Gotta Go’
might just be the best Jagger harp, evah
[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 27, 2018 19:10

franzk
As it was mentioned before the shows will start in the daylight so they'll probably won't start with SFTD. But I hope they won't start with something that obvious like JJF or SMU either. Maybe something more surprising like Let's Spend The Night Together, If You Can't Rock Me, Live With Me or Have You Seen Your Mother Baby?

Highwire would be a great opener. No joke. A live premiere after 27 years is possible (see Emotional Rescue or She Was Hot). But too risky for Mick unfortunately.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 27, 2018 19:22

Expect very similar to last years setlists..

Hopefully with a few twists...
Best hope:A different couple of numbers from B&L, Keith songs, and a few "rarities" not played during No Filter 1

Regardless, I expect the usual THRILL of seeing them LIVE!!

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: February 27, 2018 19:29

I'm guessing a couple changes but mostly just more of the same. Which isn't a complaint per se but it would be more compelling for me personally to have a few more songs (19 just too short a set IMO) and some rarities or at the very least more changes to the set.

It's asking a lot to drop $400 per ticket for a front GA standing spot in the "golden circle" and based on my lone experience last year, the performance at Lucca wasn't great and has me doubting additional shows, especially considering the costs involved.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: February 27, 2018 19:52

Unless they radically change their approach, they'll probably dust off a couple we haven't heard in a while and otherwise the songs will be the usual hit-heavy selections.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 27, 2018 19:55

I expect that those people who are reponsible for today's pre-sale code disaster are getting fired

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 27, 2018 20:14

It will be mostly the same as in 2017.
Just an extension of the tour with the same setlist for more fans to hear.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 27, 2018 20:33

Yawn,yawn.Same,same.Anything else might involve some work.They like going through the emotions for easy ,big money.Sad,sad.

Date: February 27, 2018 20:37

I’m sorry, are we taking requests?

‘YOU GOT THE SILVER’

Oh please Mr. Richards.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 27, 2018 20:39

...I have no expectations...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 27, 2018 21:09

If it hasn't already, I expect Sympathy to be permanently moved out of the opening slot which they might have already done since Paris show #2?
Not a great way to start a show imo with drum loops and a screwed up solo (most of the time)- save that for the second half where it's less noticeable.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 27, 2018 21:18

it will be basically the same stage/show/setlist/band…
We might though hope for:
- one blues song to be replaced by another one
- one or two songs to be replaced (something like Bitch instead of Thumb)
- some changes in Keith'set (the most likely change)
- maybe some of us get lucky with the song vote…

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: February 27, 2018 21:36

Expectations: Low

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 27, 2018 22:51

I expect that there will be the usual set list complaints here on IORR, from those who have followed every song of every tour they've ever done since the virtual world of online forums has made that possible, and who get easily bored with repetition, and who think it should be 1972 or 1981 forever.

I expect that those who attend the shows, most of whom will see only one show on the tour and then get on with their lives, will have a great time and consider it an occasion to remember. Because too much of a good thing is what spoils the enjoyment of a good thing.

I expect that the band will continue on playing the same show for the remainder of their touring days, because having attained the status of legends they can only get away with presenting that which has made them legendary, like a touring museum attraction.

To expect anything more is just not realistic at this stage of the band's career.

Posted by: Strike ()
Date: February 27, 2018 22:58

No expectations here too, have to say that I´m over it in some way.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: February 27, 2018 23:04

Same show same songs.None new ones

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 27, 2018 23:09

I expect the Stones to kick ass.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: February 27, 2018 23:11

Hairball
If it hasn't already, I expect Sympathy to be permanently moved out of the opening slot which they might have already done since Paris show #2?
Not a great way to start a show imo with drum loops and a screwed up solo (most of the time)- save that for the second half where it's less noticeable.

'Sympathy' was the ideal set opener, but I think it will be moved as the light nights of May, June and July will mean it won't be dark enough at the start of the show for the pyrotechnics and drama of the song to have their full impact.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2047
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home