Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Keith arthritis confession
Posted by: seitan ()
Date: November 27, 2011 13:03

In the end - it´s too early to say if Keith can handle the show or not...

He hasnt really played in public..so we are all just gossiping..

but rehearsals are on..

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-27 14:08 by seitan.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 27, 2011 13:49

Some of the 2003 shows where really good, but Keith made a habbit or show to light up a huge joint on stage around halfway through the gig. And frankly, he shouldn't have done that, because he started to make awfull mistakes after that. Brown Sugar in Vredenburg Utrecht comes to mind -a perfect show until he lit up that joint...

Mathijs

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: November 27, 2011 14:42

seitan
In the end - it´s too early to say if Keith can handle the show or not...

He hasnt really played in public..so we are all just gossiping..

but rehearsals are on..

I think this video is from Shine a light premier in 08..

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: November 27, 2011 18:58

I wish Jagger would smoke a joint before a show. That would certatinly add some color.

Marhijs question for you. Do you think Keith practices often? I often feel that hereally hasn't since the 89' tour.

Mathijs
Some of the 2003 shows where really good, but Keith made a habbit or show to light up a huge joint on stage around halfway through the gig. And frankly, he shouldn't have done that, because he started to make awfull mistakes after that. Brown Sugar in Vredenburg Utrecht comes to mind -a perfect show until he lit up that joint...

Mathijs

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 27, 2011 19:47

seitan
stonesdan60
johnnyjolene
Keith stopped using cocaine after tree accident - he still continued drinking same way and now there wasn't blow anymore to sober/bring him up. I witnessed Stones gig in Helsinki (after tree episode). Keith fell down once, forget main riff of Satisfaction (that sounded really, REALLY bad), He tried to throw pick to audience and almost fly away with pick (Mick amazingly saved him falling of stage). Probably booze worked differently without blow..? I don't know. Whatever. Hope his fine now.

I was really upset to read reviews of the show you mention, as I had tickets for an upcoming show when the Stones returned to the states. Had keith lost it? Maybe he went back on the road too soon. Anyway, I saw them in October of '06 at Giants Stadium outside of NYC and he was in great form. From the opening number, IORR, he was channelling Chuck Berry like it was 1969. I remember hearing people around me saying things like, "Wow! Keith is really ON tonight!" So maybe he just needed more time to recover. Also he was prescribed Dilatin to prevent blood clots. Perhaps, initially, Keith was not prepared for the combo of dilantin and alcohol. He was told not to drink on it, but you know Keith..

The gossip in Helsinki, Finland at the time was that Keith was drunk as a skunk...I wasnt at the gig, so I cant tell..but what I heard from friends who attended that show, they all said the same thing..Keith was shitfaced drunk.

I can confirm that as i was in the first few rows on Ronnies side during the show. When the show started he played the first part of SMU on ronnies side and he looked really drunk. He was lost during some parts of the show, still a quite good show though (but Keith played really bad most of the show i´m afraid).

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 30, 2011 23:41

Mathijs

Mathijs

Perhaps an imperfect show unless you were one of the 10,000 audience member up front who happened to light up a spliff at the same time as our man KR and were enjoying that special tone of his guitar while poorly executing his Brown Sugar riff. I am starting to get the feeling Keith does this on purpose on BS for some reason (Mick's song or tired of playing it) . Too many instances of it strangely. peace.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2220
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home