Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Some Girls Selling Poorly
Posted by: nocomment ()
Date: November 26, 2011 22:34

barbabang
Way too early to tell after only a few days!

If I were you I would change your header into something like : some girls re-issue sales?

yes, change the title of the thread, or at least put a question mark after it,
or else georgelicks please start another SG sales/chart thread with a
more objective title

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 26, 2011 23:21

because only die hards care about it

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: November 27, 2011 00:19

Since the announcement long months ago "Some girls & outtakes" was bad placed
on Amazon charts....strange when we consider the waiting amongst Stones fans..see
record of Guests and Users...
Maybe it is the moment of the year when all others records are well selling....
Wait and see...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 27, 2011 00:21

melillo
because only die hards care about it

and i think there's lots of deceased stones fans who care about it....

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 27, 2011 00:48

no doubt

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 27, 2011 02:27

If they promoted it like Exile they would have done great. Universal and the Stones kind of got lazy resting on their laurels once again.

Posted by: pinksuit ()
Date: November 27, 2011 02:27

Well, I guess it is also a sales channel issue. Went to a huge store last Friday to buy the Texas DVD and it was not there. They asked me to come bck next Tuesday to pick up a copy because they ordered 25 to be in store by then. Some Girls was not in store (Saturn for Germans) whereas I got the Some Girls CD in Austria even a day before official release and they told me it was a sold out item on the first day. The planning just isn't right

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: November 27, 2011 02:31

I know exactly why it is selling so poorly. There are way too many dippy, insignificant country and western tunes. True Stones fans prefer songs with that characteristic Stones beat, or mid-tempo songs like Beast of Burden or Plundered My Soul. These C nd W songs could never be played live at a concert, because everyone would start to boo.

Last night I listened to all the new Some Girls songs on YuoTube and was very unimpressed. I will not buy this one.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 27, 2011 02:34

I noticed something simialar in Germany. Media Markt had the deluxe CD on release date, and Sturn had the Bluray combo package. Neither had both. Finally today I saw the Super Deluxe Box. Personally I believe this is the downsizing of cds on the market. Doesn't mean The Stones aren't selling music, imo.

Posted by: mitchflorida1 ()
Date: November 27, 2011 02:37

flilflam
I know exactly why it is selling so poorly. There are way too many dippy, insignificant country and western tunes. True Stones fans prefer songs with that characteristic Stones beat, or mid-tempo songs like Beast of Burden or Plundered My Soul. These C nd W songs could never be played live at a concert, because everyone would start to boo.

Last night I listened to all the new Some Girls songs on YuoTube and was very unimpressed. I will not buy this one.

Maybe it is because fans get the impression that this latest Stones release is less "art for art's sake" and more "art for money's sake".

Date: November 27, 2011 02:42

mitchflorida1
flilflam

Maybe it is because fans get the impression that this latest Stones release is less "art for art's sake" and more "art for money's sake".

of course, that's it. you're just about to buy something...and you ask youself...whoah!!!!!...wait a sec...why are they releasing this?? for MONEY???? screw that.... happens all the time...

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: November 27, 2011 03:17

Some Girls (2 CD) is currently #2 in Music (Rock) and #9 in Music (Pop) on Canada's version of Amazon.

It's selling well here in the Great White North (for the time being at least).

Posted by: MJG196 ()
Date: November 27, 2011 03:20

Ket
How long has it been on sale?

More like Exile was promoted. Some Girls received almost ZERO publicity.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: November 27, 2011 03:32

Does it really matter?

Date: November 27, 2011 03:34

is anyone really surprised though?

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: November 27, 2011 03:48

StonesTod
how's it selling in peoria?

That's where I'm at and I can't find it in the stores!! Must be selling well.

Date: November 27, 2011 04:18

ZantiMisfit
Doesn't bode well for a tour I'm afraid...interest just isn't there anymore. I didn't think it would sell THAT badly. They'd be lucky to sell-out Hard-Rock Cafes. What a shame...

That is a silly statement. They'd sell out arenas just like they always do. Because people don't wanna buy a reissue from 30 years ago (again) means that the band wouldn't sell out for live shows?

Anyways, just looking around the download sites it has already been downloaded many thousands of times in just a few days - the interest is there...you are just thinking like a 50 year old. Ever hear of "downloading illegally?"

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: November 27, 2011 07:33

Angus MacBagpipe
Some Girls (2 CD) is currently #2 in Music (Rock) and #9 in Music (Pop) on Canada's version of Amazon.

It's selling well here in the Great White North (for the time being at least).

Yeah, but how many copies does that take, like three or something?>grinning smiley<

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: November 27, 2011 13:23

flilflam

You Win Again - is often regarded as one of all time greatest country songs by Hank Williams, then theres No Spare Parts and Do You Think I really Care - so there´s 3 country songs. I wouldnt call the rest of them as being country at all..but that´s beside the point, I would imagine that True Stones fans would be bit more open minded, considering that there was plenty of country songs on their classic albums: Exile On Main Street, Beggars Banquet and Let It Bleed...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-27 14:12 by seitan.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: November 27, 2011 13:35

I went to a big store in Paris (France) yesterday. I bought the DVD, but the CD will be on sale only next Monday. Did not read any ads in the papers as was done for Exile which was widely publicised.

Date: November 27, 2011 14:54

MJG196
ZantiMisfit
Doesn't bode well for a tour I'm afraid...interest just isn't there anymore. I didn't think it would sell THAT badly. They'd be lucky to sell-out Hard-Rock Cafes. What a shame...

That is a silly statement. They'd sell out arenas just like they always do. Because people don't wanna buy a reissue from 30 years ago (again) means that the band wouldn't sell out for live shows?

Anyways, just looking around the download sites it has already been downloaded many thousands of times in just a few days - the interest is there...you are just thinking like a 50 year old. Ever hear of "downloading illegally?"

hey - let's not just insult 50 year olds, now! i'm well over 50 and illegally download happily as often as any young turk you'll ever find. 50 year olds are ppl too, you know.

Date: November 27, 2011 16:18

spsimmons
StonesTod
how's it selling in peoria?

That's where I'm at and I can't find it in the stores!! Must be selling well.

I live about 90 min from Peoria IL.

Small world...

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: November 27, 2011 18:17

I have never bought a new CD on Amazon. I still prefer physical stores.

I imagine a lot of Stones fans do the same, and this is a release for the real fans/collectors. I would think the general public could hardly care less about it, especially with no tour support.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: November 27, 2011 18:24

I bought mine from Fopp in Manchester on release day.
I always look in the CD section of the local supermarkets as well,and none of them has it for sale,as most casual customers buy from supermarkets these days it is no wonder sales are poor.
Exile last year was for sale in supermarkets early,might even have been CD of the week at Sainsburys.
No Live in Texas either incidentally.

Date: November 27, 2011 19:11

Sorry, StonesTod, I never meant to insult you. After all, my dad is over 50 as well and is also a person as far as I can tell.

StonesTod
MJG196
ZantiMisfit

hey - let's not just insult 50 year olds, now! i'm well over 50 and illegally download happily as often as any young turk you'll ever find. 50 year olds are ppl too, you know.

Date: November 27, 2011 19:17

MJG196
Sorry, StonesTod, I never meant to insult you. After all, my dad is over 50 as well and is also a person as far as I can tell.

wow..what a coincidence! i have a dad over 50 too!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 27, 2011 19:35

flilflam
True Stones fans prefer songs with that characteristic Stones beat, or mid-tempo songs like Beast of Burden or Plundered My Soul. These C nd W songs could never be played live at a concert, because everyone would start to boo.

I love how you assume your opinion is the gold standard for a "True Stones Fan", implying that those who disagree with you aren't "True" fans.

I'm also impressed with your psychic ability and how you know that if the Stones played these songs they would get booed. But I guess it's not psychic ability, because we all know that when they play one of their C&W songs (Let It Bleed, Dead Flowers, Far Away Eyes, etc) the Stones ALWAYS get booed. Right?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 27, 2011 19:40

The album is selling worse than the expected, Some Girls didn't make the UK Top 40 this week. Exile went to #1 last year.
We'll know the debut in a couple of hours.

Date: November 27, 2011 19:43

georgelicks
The album is selling worse than the expected, Some Girls didn't make the UK Top 40 this week. Exile went to #1 last year.

it seems the band had a short stay at the top...it's the fickle nature of the music biz...music styles come and go so quickly it's virtually impossible to have more than one or two successful records...

Date: November 27, 2011 19:50

flilflam
True Stones fans prefer songs with that characteristic Stones beat, or mid-tempo songs like Beast of Burden or Plundered My Soul. These C nd W songs could never be played live at a concert, because everyone would start to boo.

Huh? This is pretty uninformed.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1074
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home