Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hi - New to this Board
Posted by: pinksuit ()
Date: November 26, 2011 00:39

Hi everyone,

I would like to introduce myself, a man of taste and huh, whathaveyou.

I am following iorr since the licks tour and spending some time each day since. I was established myself in 1962 and the first ever album I bought on saved pocket money was their first record because it was affordable to me and had a 1972 Mick on its cover. (they were cheating back then). As a twelve year old in 1974 I got hooked, the second album ever I bought at a rate of DM 9,90 was GYYYO because of the dangerous backside pics and then I was completely hooked by the likes of Midnight Rambler etc. Next were Let it bleed and Beggars and it went on from there. (i could bore you to death with my chase across different flea markets that let to the original Exile , Sticky fingers, Brussels Affair etc. all aged 13)

My first concert was in May 1976 in Bremen and just a day before a major test in English. That just blew me away and because i listened closely I even made an A grade one day later ;-)

Since then they have become something like a role model (especially MJ) as they managed to create an incredible buzz all the time they did something (I am in marketing and learned most of it from them doing promotions and have a hidden something here and there)

Anyway, since first hearing Route 66 when 12 years old the voice of Jagger and the drums of Charlie ( I am a drummer myself and think, he is hm, not argh, a good drummer, but the he creates something special with the other guys, where it just does'nt matter and is special, especially on the slow numbers adn etc pp.) and the guitars did the tricks for me. So we both (Stones and me) turn 50 next year and I would really like to keep my juices flowing as Jagger does with close to seventy and doing something like SuperHeavy just on the side.

On the actual buzz: I dig Some Girls reissue and think the songs that did'nt make it were weak compared to the album that was released but I am happy to listen to them in an a good quality instead of the poor bootleg quality. But the release that really got me was Brussels Affair. That is just great and a real contender to GYYYO! I am playing daily and looking forward to other releases.

BTW: I don't get all the bashing, it is a great band and whatever they do they have some kind of special twist to it. Even the re-issues with additional editing of something, I personally have the feel that they are trying to create something. And if you create, sometimes you may sometimes just create crap. At least you are trying.

Anyway, hi and keep the comments flowing.

Oh, and the pink suit in SuperHeavy "Miracle Worker" is just GREAT!

Re: Hi - New to this Board
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 26, 2011 00:42

i can explain all the bashing to you. we can do this at your place at your convenience. i require cuban cigars and a fine single malt, prefer an islay. deal?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 26, 2011 01:15

You're not going to be one of these people that introduces themselves, and then never posts again, are you? We get a lot of that here. We also get a lot of people who say they're leaving, and then they just go right on posting.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 26, 2011 01:26

tatters
You're not going to be one of these people that introduces themselves, and then never posts again, are you? We get a lot of that here. We also get a lot of people who say they're leaving, and then they just go right on posting.

Or they get banned for bad behavior and then register under a new name and pretend they are a new poster.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 26, 2011 01:28

Welcome aboard pinksuit, can I get you a cold drink perhaps? peace.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 26, 2011 01:30

pinksuit

BTW: I don't get all the bashing

You must be new to not just this board, but the internet in general. winking smiley

Date: November 26, 2011 01:30

71Tele
tatters

Or they get banned for bad behavior and then register under a new name and pretend they are a new poster.

if they're smart they'll register under many names at the beginning and then just behave as badly as they like as often as they like. that's how you can tell if someone is both smart and bad.

Date: November 26, 2011 01:38

50 years of Rolling Stones history and you choose as a name something related to Superheavy?

Sorry for the bashing.

Date: November 26, 2011 01:38

Thanks. What did I expect? Single malt is just fine, as are cuban cigars or cold drinks. "You got trouble, that's for sure..." "Must be hell, living in a world, suffering in a world like you"

And I also know "the internet". Just, I like this band. That's it. .

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 26, 2011 01:41

you get mad props for taking on the pink suit.

Date: November 26, 2011 01:43

pinksuit
Just, I like this band. That's it. .

sorry...you're going to have to do better than that.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 26, 2011 01:44

pinksuit
the drums of Charlie ( I am a drummer myself and think, he is hm, not argh, a good drummer

Don't you blaspheme in here !

Don't you blaspheme in here !!

Date: November 26, 2011 01:53

Haha! "we are on a mission from god". There is a need to blaspheme - with love ;-)

Date: November 26, 2011 01:58

I know. But that's what he has always done and it's great! I don't care for the traditionalists It is about reinventing yourself

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 26, 2011 01:58

71Tele
tatters

I'm waiting to see the trademark green face from down under next door to Rockman yea'...smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-26 02:00 by EddieByword.

Date: November 26, 2011 02:26

71Tele
50 years of Rolling Stones history and you choose as a name something related to Superheavy?

Sorry for the bashing.

Exactly! They (hm someone) is still alive and creating

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 26, 2011 04:02

pinksuit
Haha! "we are on a mission from god". There is a need to blaspheme - with love ;-)

What about Charlies suits? You have to like his suits, no? And as a drummer how about the way he lifts the hit hat hit as he hits the snare to make the snare crack all alone in the groove? Thats cool, no? Or you must be from the Neil Pert school of drumming? Whats up with that? peace.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 26, 2011 16:03

tatters
lol

So,welcome,pinksuit !
Did you chose your username after you saw Jagger's pink suit in the Super Heavy video ?smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 26, 2011 16:34

Welcome to the board

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: November 26, 2011 20:07

welcome !
Iceland
born 1951

Date: November 26, 2011 20:16

Wait, did you say Charlie Watts was not a good drummer?

Date: November 27, 2011 02:06

71Tele
Wait, did you say Charlie Watts was not a good drummer?

I love Charlie and especially his style! He is also the reason that the Stones swing, the secret ingredient Imho,. He is the ultimate cool. And yes I love the pink suit in SuperHeavy. Again it is about style. I guess Jagger and Charlie nowadays are the ones that keep the engine rolling. Keith was very cool but all the recent stuff... I am not so sure

Date: November 27, 2011 02:25

pinksuit
I guess Jagger and Charlie nowadays are the ones that keep the engine rolling.

the engine is rolling?

Date: November 27, 2011 02:31

StonesTod
pinksuit

the engine is rolling?

In terms of activities, well, yes. Of course you can complain if you look at it with whatever eyes. But close to 70 or even 70, I definitely would say, keeping the engine rolling in some way

Date: November 27, 2011 02:35

pinksuit
StonesTod
pinksuit

the engine is rolling?

In terms of activities, well, yes. Of course you can complain if you look at it with whatever eyes. But close to 70 or even 70, I definitely would say, keeping the engine rolling in some way

hmmm...i think this engine is in serious need of a tuneup. and, yes, i like to complain. it makes me happy.

Date: November 27, 2011 02:45

Agreed. And whatever floats your boat. My point is, I had a great week with the some girls outtakes and a finally good sounding very powerful Brussels affairs. And again it is kind of new territory in terms of re-releases. Not to mention that I liked the SuperHeavy approach (as a playfully dealing with just making music).

BTW There will be no tuneup to that engine. It is like that beautiful Alfa, but it is 40 excuse me, 50 yrs old. You either like it or you don't. But don't compare it to a Japanese hatchback.

Date: November 27, 2011 02:47

the engine changed out some parts in '93 and it hasn't been running so well, since, though.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 27, 2011 02:59

I sense your intelligence....Do not leave!

Date: November 27, 2011 03:18

StonesTod
the engine changed out some parts in '93 and it hasn't been running so well, since, though.

Yes, but you're looking at it through whatever eyes.

Date: November 27, 2011 03:21

stonesrule
I sense your intelligence....Do not leave!

thanks...but i never said i was leaving.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1708
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home