Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Brussels affair-1973. How many will buy the bootlegs?
Posted by: Kuntaman ()
Date: November 24, 2011 20:18

Hmm, how many of you folks out there will buy the bootleg version of it with the NEW official sound? And possibly, these bootlegs will contain two versions of it! One CD with tracks from concert 1, and the other from concert 2!
hmm, does this make us fanatics?

Re: Brussels affair-1973. How many will buy the bootlegs?
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 24, 2011 20:27

I have no idea what you are talking about

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: November 24, 2011 20:35

I definitely am buying them and although the boys are already plenty rich I think we should keep buying which hopefully result in further vault releases.
I bought the mp3 since that was my only choice - I would gladly pay $10-$20 for flac though or a real CD! I really think they should include some better artwork too, not just a cover.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-24 20:42 by Lynd8.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 24, 2011 20:48

Lynd8
I definitely am buying them and although the boys are already plenty rich I think we should keep buying which hopefully result in further vault releases.
I bought the mp3 since that was my only choice - I would gladly pay $10-$20 for flac though or a real CD! I really think they should include some better artwork too, not just a cover.

FLAC is only $9

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 24, 2011 22:04

Kuntaman is fishing for pre-orders. Well, at least that's how I understand him.

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: November 25, 2011 01:07

Kuntaman
Hmm, how many of you folks out there will buy the bootleg version of it with the NEW official sound? And possibly, these bootlegs will contain two versions of it! One CD with tracks from concert 1, and the other from concert 2!
hmm, does this make us fanatics?

Yes, I will, where can I get it, not easy when you live in Ireland

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: November 25, 2011 02:21

It's all about availability and price - you got it ? then what's the deal? - sure most people want to hear it - as soon as possible, it's a Supply and Demand world we live in - don't miss th boat

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 25, 2011 02:53

No, I arealdy have the Brussells Definitive, and now the Brussells Affair (Official)...so no need to buy a boot.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 25, 2011 03:20

Won't buy em...cause I already got em!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 25, 2011 03:33

Well, it didn't make the US Top 200 this week so it sold less than 3,100 between last Thursday and Sunday, Billboard counts EVER album sold in the U.S. physical or digital.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: November 25, 2011 04:47

If it were to be released on vinyl, yes.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Date: November 25, 2011 07:45

georgelicks
Well, it didn't make the US Top 200 this week so it sold less than 3,100 between last Thursday and Sunday, Billboard counts EVER album sold in the U.S. physical or digital.

So, in the US alone, the Stones grossed $15300 in their opening week for Brussels in the largest market in the world!

That makes Superheavy look fantastic (saleswise anyway). MJ better get on the phone to Dave Stewart!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 25, 2011 07:48

But to be fair, there has not been a lot of fan fair about the release. Some interviews, but not a big marketing campaign. Which is strange.

Date: November 25, 2011 07:54

whitem8
But to be fair, there has not been a lot of fan fair about the release. Some interviews, but not a big marketing campaign. Which is strange.

I agree it's strange...but don't you think it's strange that Mick and Keith would do interviews, and have online marketing, that only grosses them $15000? And what is google's cut of that?

Maybe Keith can buy Mick lunch with his cut of the proceeds, and tell him he's sorry 'bout all that stuff in the book. Hopefully there'll be enough left for a tip!

Date: November 25, 2011 09:45

Who needs a bootleg now? We got both shows confused smiley

Posted by: pike bishop ()
Date: November 25, 2011 14:42

No problem living in Ireland,I d/l last week in flac,converted it and burned.Brilliant sound(Wyman"s bass is terrific)

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 25, 2011 14:56

I'll buy it cos I f***ing HATE downloading. I Need a BOOKLET. Hopefully Godfather will release it.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 25, 2011 15:07

There is nothing wrong with my bootleg CD, so I'll passwith this download. If any shows are released which I don't own, however, I may purchase them.

Date: November 25, 2011 15:16

Big Al
There is nothing wrong with my bootleg CD, so I'll passwith this download. If any shows are released which I don't own, however, I may purchase them.

Do you already have this Brussels-show in good quality, and don't need to purchase it??

Never knew it even existed confused smiley

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 25, 2011 15:33

DandelionPowderman
Big Al

Do you already have this Brussels-show in good quality, and don't need to purchase it??

This new stuff is almost all from the 2nd show which hasn't been available on boots in this quality.

Date: November 25, 2011 15:45

shadooby
DandelionPowderman
Big Al

This new stuff is almost all from the 2nd show which hasn't been available on boots in this quality.

Yeah, that's why I wondered why Big Al didn't want this release, or if he already had this show. Apart from BS, MR and SFM there are all new songs to us.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 25, 2011 15:50

DandelionPowderman
shadooby
DandelionPowderman
Big Al

Yeah, that's why I wondered why Big Al didn't want this release, or if he already had this show. Apart from BS, MR and SFM there are all new songs to us.

There's gotta be 1000s of people who don't know what they're missing - but would have downloaded immediately, if they knew what "kind of" Brussels release this is. WHen not even some IORR posters misses the point....think about all them who's not reading messageboards - but is interested in the band....

Date: November 25, 2011 15:54

Erik_Snow
DandelionPowderman
shadooby
DandelionPowderman
Big Al

There's gotta be 1000s of people who don't know what they're missing - but would have downloaded immediately, if they knew what "kind of" Brussels release this is. WHen not even some IORR posters misses the point....think about all them who's not reading messageboards - but is interested in the band....

Seems like this release was a treat for the fans, and that they're not doing it only for the money - or else they would have clarified which show this was way more accurately in their marketing winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-25 15:55 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: November 25, 2011 16:07

DandelionPowderman
Erik_Snow
DandelionPowderman
shadooby
DandelionPowderman
Big Al

Seems like this release was a treat for the fans, and that they're not doing it only for the money - or else they would have clarified which show this was way more accurately in their marketing winking smiley

...and in the near future this will happen at least 5 more times...

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: November 25, 2011 18:52

misterfrias
If it were to be released on vinyl, yes.

+1.

Date: November 26, 2011 09:19

Quique-stone
DandelionPowderman
Erik_Snow
DandelionPowderman
shadooby
DandelionPowderman
Big Al

...and in the near future this will happen at least 5 more times...

For a band that has notoriously been 'known' to be in it for the money, the Brussels release is an amazingly good deal, probably one of their best ever releases, and it may not sell 50000 copies worldwide, because no one knows about it.

It's insane.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 26, 2011 12:18

People behind their keyboard are lazy : they always shop at the same place.
So methinks BA'73 could be a smashing hit if it were available on Itunes.

Just saying...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 26, 2011 12:29

Guys, I'm gonna get it! A change of heart!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1606
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home