Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Well Well I've Got Stories To Tell - THE BONUS
Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: November 23, 2011 23:54

Ok I will come clean, as soon as I knew we were getting SOME GIRLS bonus tracks I decided I would not read or listen to any comments on the board, [as best as I can]I Would retire into my own world , AND avoid as much as I could the the temptation to listen to the sample tracks,Ok I admit due to the Hype I had to play No Spare Parts, It was great, but I was trying to answer a question in my head? was it as good as the outtakes I owned, initially I was a bit down - I felt Oh no !! why did they overdub this, change that, well you guys know. If it was not broken why tamper with it.

So today as I received my copy deluxe 2 cd edition [That's all I need] I was only interested in CD 2 The BONUS TRACKS - Slipped them into my CD player.......

All I would say is that I was blown away - restored my Faith - took me back to a great rock country band - On reflection when I listen to these tracks even touched up / overdubbed here and there, I am overwhelmed, not only do we have the outtakes - now we have finished polished tracks that most bands would ki, to sound like that.
@
LADIES & GENTLEMEN

Re: Well Well I've Got Stories To Tell - THE BONUS
Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: November 24, 2011 02:08

Thanks Tonstone, I look forward to listening to my copy when I get it, I really like "No Spare Parts" and was hoping my local record store would be having it for sale Friday but no such luck, they won't get it until sometime next week due to a customs hold for some reason.

Re: Well Well I've Got Stories To Tell - THE BONUS
Posted by: it's_all_wrong ()
Date: November 24, 2011 02:50

Finally got to listen to the whole second disc. I honestly don't know why Mick insists on tampering with these outtakes. Does he really think so highly of his singing abilities that he thinks these old songs will honestly be improved by lyrics and vocals done 34 years later? His new lyrics for Lucky In Love (Don't Be A Stranger), I Can't Help It (I Love You Too Much), and No Spare Parts are absolutely atrocious, and rerecording So Young yet again seems rather pointless (particularly when he's singing the lyrics he wrote for it in 1994) instead of just issuing the outtake in pristine, non-bootleg quality, as they fortunately decided to do with Claudine and We Had It All. I also think it's hilarious that in spite of all this overdubbing and touching up, Petrol Gang was officially released in all it's hissy, lo-fi sloppiness

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2066
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home