Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: your greatest Stones rarities 'find'
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 7, 2011 21:12

LeonidP
EddieByword
LeonidP
winter
Vinyl boots thru the years, Jamming w/ Edward 8-track, my first vcr vid boot (marquee) were all pretty cool, and not so rare, but each find was incredibly exciting. But my greatest find was.....RS tickets for sale in the record store. It was like a Nat'l Record Mart record store at an early mall and they had a ticket window in the back. I was reading all the posted shows on the back window and saw scribbled in the corner "Rolling Stones' tickets"!!! I asked, "What is this? I hadn't heard any announcements on the radio or anything." He replied, "They're for an out-of-state show over in Ohio (we were in Pittsburgh, Pa, 150 miles away) and we just got a small batch in today, so I can't hold/reserve them if you can't buy them now. They're $10 each" I pulled out my cash without thinking how I was going to get to the show (16, no car). Only had enough $$ for one, plunked it down and all of the sudden time slowed as a crisp concert ticket marked "Rolling Stones" made its way across the counter into my hand.

I then ran the mile+ home at top speed (varsity midfielder on soccer team), had enough for one more ticket, and called my bass player to get his sis to drive him RIGHT NOW to the mall to get more. But I was not going to wait for a car. Then I ran all the way back up the hilly mile to the store and drew stares as I grimaced painfully for air and made my way to the ticket window. "One more", I said, gasping for air. "Here's your ticket, man. Nice job!", said the teller. Then I went outside and sat for awhile until I was able to walk home. Logistics would come later as to how I would get there or whether my parents would allow me to go or even what day of the week the show was on. I had hunted the rarest of breed, unsold RS tickets at a record store, twice!, and come away..... On Top of the World. What an incredible walk home.

Great story on getting the tix, but more amazing, Jamming W/ Edward on 8-track?

There's a few Jamming with Edwards on Ebay inc a couple of 8 - tracks...... [www.ebay.co.uk]

That is quite interesting ... and since Jamming was released in the 70s, then that means there is the possibility of different lengths of tracks on the 8-track then on vinyl/cd/cassette, a la Black & Blue (Cherry Oh Baby) and Some Girls (Shattered, Far Away Eyes, etc.). Do you own a copy to check on this?

No unfortunately not...it has just occurred to me though...on Ebay they do have the facility to pose questions to the seller...the guy here says he has tested it and it works so presumably he could also check the track lengths too if you asked him..................in fact I've just clicked and enlarged the photo and there are 4 track lengths visible.......hmmmm it looks like the total is about the same.........

Date: December 7, 2011 21:25

I actually found a guitarpick from keith on the ground leaving ullevi in 2007...kind of strange it says Brno on one side..
Thats a find...in one way for free..

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 7, 2011 21:27

Finding a vinyl copy of Reverse Blues in a record fair at the ridiculous price of £5 !

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 7, 2011 21:37

My greatest music find, was the original 1st edition mono UK vinyl release of Highway 61 revisited. Better sounding than all other repressings and CD versions....for only 10 dollars. Best RS find.....I don't know.....there's too many.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: December 8, 2011 10:08

LeonidP
steffiestones
My greatest stones raritie is Charlie's original personal RIAA award for Love you live

This is really cool! So did Charlie actually give chase when you ran out his house w/ this?

Charlie is wellknown for after an awards ceremony to give his award away to taxicauffeurs, friends, ...

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: December 8, 2011 12:26

this i'm sure is not all that rare, but when i was 14 back in 1982 i nought a decca cassette in called " collectors only" being naive american boy i thought i found the holy grail because i never heard some of the songs before. and because of the title i thought it made me a collector. i loved that tape and nearly cried when it got chewed up in a defective tape player. i paid 5 dollars for it but paid a guy 15 to repair it as best as possible because i couldn't find another copy. in my head i can still hear the chewed up section of that tape during i want to be loved.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1298
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home