Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Stones Near Decision on 50th Anniversary Shows
Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: November 27, 2011 19:11

71Tele
mickscarey
DONE

mickscarey, if I didn't know you better I would guess you are trying to drop subtle hints that you think it's likely that the Stones will tour soon.
Thanks!

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: November 27, 2011 22:37

thewatchman
Little interest in 50th anniversary threads? Over 4500 hits and counting.

Closing in on 6,000 as of the moment.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: November 28, 2011 05:20

mickscarey
71Tele
mickscarey
DONE

mickscarey, if I didn't know you better I would guess you are trying to drop subtle hints that you think it's likely that the Stones will tour soon.
Thanks!

Hats off to the Mickscarey's of the world that never lost faith. Even The Watchman and Stonescrow had their moments of doubt. Mickscarey never wavered. Stuck to his guns. God Bless Mickscarey.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 28, 2011 05:29

stonescrow
mickscarey
71Tele
mickscarey
DONE

Thanks!

Hats off to the Mickscarey's of the world that never lost faith. Even The Watchman and Stonescrow had their moments of doubt. Mickscarey never wavered. Stuck to his guns. God Bless Mickscarey.

All hail mickscarey. Just goes to show that if you say that it's going to run every single day, soon enough you'll be right.

Date: November 28, 2011 22:01

It is gorgeous today. What do you mean?

Date: November 28, 2011 22:02

stonescrow
mickscarey
71Tele
mickscarey
DONE

Thanks!

Yes, the positive vibe! (Plus knowledge). Thanks

Date: November 28, 2011 22:07

mickscarey
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
mickscarey
Yes, "We love.." did not add much but that is OK. Let's all just be HAPPY about the tour!

WHAT tour? There is no tour. Nothing has been announced. That is the only done deal that's been going on for the past few years.

Oh thee of little faith. It is DONE!

You keep saying this yet all that is said officially suggests otherwise.

Date: November 28, 2011 22:09

OK. Time will tell

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 28, 2011 22:11

mickscarey
OK. Time will tell

Absolutely right

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: November 29, 2011 04:00

mickscarey
stonescrow
mickscarey
71Tele
mickscarey
DONE

Thanks!

Yes, the positive vibe! (Plus knowledge). Thanks

smileys with beer

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: November 30, 2011 09:42

latest word floating around down under is that they are looking at setting up camp in 5 large cities across the globe and will do their shows from these venues. therefore limiting the amount of travel that they have to do. need to renew the passport and get savin for one hell of a road trip AGAIN!!!!!!

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 30, 2011 10:36

boynamedsue69
latest word floating around down under is that they are looking at setting up camp in 5 large cities across the globe and will do their shows from these venues. therefore limiting the amount of travel that they have to do. need to renew the passport and get savin for one hell of a road trip AGAIN!!!!!!

That would mean you need only a round the world ticket to "those" five cities.
cool smiley

Date: December 1, 2011 08:51

Grison
boynamedsue69

That would mean you need only a round the world ticket to "those" five cities.
cool smiley

yep 1 ticket 5 cities and away we go. what a way to celebrate the greatest rock n roll band in the world

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: December 1, 2011 08:58

Hi boynamedsue69 - it maybe wishful thinking,but it'd be great if they did one more venture Down Under! Especially QLD - as they missed it in 06.Cheers.

Date: December 1, 2011 12:36

klrkcr
Hi boynamedsue69 - it maybe wishful thinking,but it'd be great if they did one more venture Down Under! Especially QLD - as they missed it in 06.Cheers.

maybe we should have hunted down ronnie in sydney and politely coerced him into adding those of us down under into the mix...>grinning smiley<

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: December 1, 2011 12:56

Maybe Ronnie has been on a secret state mission for General Richards in OZ.
Meanwhile, Taylor has been scouting dive bars in southern California. Agent Watts has been on "tour" with his jazz band to scout European locations and meet with local promoters. Agent Wyman has been busy making box lunches at his restaurant while commissar Jagger has been secretly warming up the backing band. Blondie is out and Dave Stewart is in. Yes, the plan is all coming together via fax machine from Parrot Cay.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 1, 2011 13:55

Think Proudary makes excellent points.

And what was this earlier on about "Bobby wants to tour in US only." The Stones have put the food on Bobby's table for a long time. This very undisciplined person hardly calls the shots on tour dates.

The shots at Mick from various people are essentially ludicrous and unfounded.
Not taking sides...just living in truth and reality.

Keith's "people" have been on damage control. Not exactly trying to heal any wounds. Keith is NOT God or much of a realist. For years he's been the problem. Now that he's hopefully finally straight, it's time for him to actually be a team player and show respect for Charlie and Mick, who are essential to the Stones. And who have taken up the slack re Keith's unprofessionalism on stage for what seems like forever.

Threads like this really accomplish NOTHING. Too many wannabe managers and fantasizers blah blahing. None of us are the ones who can create the magic on tour. And like several others here it's a turnoff for me wade through some of this nonsense. And a relief when Doxa, Gazza etc. express their thoughts.

Date: December 1, 2011 14:04

Yep, there are drama queens, blind followers of each party AND (luckily) there are Rolling Stones-fans on this board, and the latter group know that the Stones have steered clear of rougher waters than this so called feud (that people are boosting to unbelievable heights right now) before.

I'm looking forward to whatever the Stones plan to offer their fans in 2012!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-01 14:07 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 1, 2011 15:40

Ditto that ;^)

and Ditto Gazza's post on another thread re the lunatics taking over the asylum.

[The rest of us obviously don't make very good psychiatric nurses ;^) ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-01 15:41 by Spud.

Date: December 1, 2011 18:37

stonesrule
Think Proudary makes excellent points.

And what was this earlier on about "Bobby wants to tour in US only." The Stones have put the food on Bobby's table for a long time. This very undisciplined person hardly calls the shots on tour dates.

The shots at Mick from various people are essentially ludicrous and unfounded.
Not taking sides...just living in truth and reality.

Keith's "people" have been on damage control. Not exactly trying to heal any wounds. Keith is NOT God or much of a realist. For years he's been the problem. Now that he's hopefully finally straight, it's time for him to actually be a team player and show respect for Charlie and Mick, who are essential to the Stones. And who have taken up the slack re Keith's unprofessionalism on stage for what seems like forever.

Threads like this really accomplish NOTHING. Too many wannabe managers and fantasizers blah blahing. None of us are the ones who can create the magic on tour. And like several others here it's a turnoff for me wade through some of this nonsense. And a relief when Doxa, Gazza etc. express their thoughts.

You mean mickscarey, thewatchman and stonescrow etc don't have any influence or actual knowledge AT ALL on what the Stones are doing or will do? I'm gonna have to recalculate some things. I had it all figured that the Stones were already on tour for a new album or are gonna be real soon but only in five cities with Dick and Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman and there might be someone else I can't remember. There's just been so much activity with the Stones on tour right now it's just chaos. CHAOS!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 1, 2011 18:56

I'm pretty sure that we won't see stage sets with golden tongues on 50th Anniversary banners that look like they came from Party City stores. Nevertheless, I hope they don't do anything really tacky...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 1, 2011 19:00

schillid
I'm pretty sure that we won't see stage sets with golden tongues on 50th Anniversary banners that look like they came from Party City stores. Nevertheless, I hope they don't do anything really tacky...
Wow,schillid. That sounds exactly like something they'd do.Yikes!eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: wolfi ()
Date: December 2, 2011 17:41

Just today I visited my favourite record store and saw th "Geriatric Tour" poster - haven't seen it or read about it here yet ...

poster

Do you find it funny or not ?

Date: December 2, 2011 17:46

Yes.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 2, 2011 17:46

wolfi
Just today I visited my favourite record store and saw th "Geriatric Tour" poster - haven't seen it or read about it here yet ...

poster

Do you find it funny or not ?

I find it kinda stupid and cliche really. At least the wives are looking frickin GREAT still. peace.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1728
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home