Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Stones Near Decision on 50th Anniversary Shows
Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: November 25, 2011 04:23

I always have access t0 inside info. DONE DEAL people

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 25, 2011 04:29

mickscarey

Know any definite venues ? Care to tell if you do ?

Date: November 25, 2011 05:31

mickscarey

What kind of person uses a zero for the letter O in a word like that? A zer0?

Forget it mickscarey, you're just a skipping record, saying nothing new, over and over and over for years.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 25, 2011 06:30

northernale1
out of all the negative people in the world and this forum gets stuck with proudmary
thumbs up

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: November 25, 2011 06:32

proudmary
"I'm not writing for them right now," says Richards, who has been working on a solo project "reminiscent of early Chess records." "I'm cutting my own stuff with [producer and drummer] Steve Jordan," he says. "There's no point in writing for the Stones until I know that Mick Jagger's in. He could have every song I've ever written. They're all for him. If he doesn't like them – or if he poo-poos them – I take them somewhere else."

vs

Mick has told how he had been jamming with Charlie recently, and even written songs for the band.
He said: 'I have been writing a lot for the Stones. I mean, when I write, I go, 'Yeah, that could be a good Stones tune'.
'I did some sessions with Charlie recently where I just played some songs I'd written, and of course I wrote more when he was there.
'I'd start making them up, so that was good fun, so we had a really good time doing that.'

"Nothing is supposed to be clear. It's intended to be murky so you don't know what the hell's going on until we let you know"!

Date: November 25, 2011 07:05

i tend to side with proudmary and doxa on this..

i think keith is very ill advised to try to blackmail mick into a tour...are things that deteriorated that he can't just call mick on the phone like a man and talk about it? its very odd behavior.
of course i'd love for taylor and wyman to be there (dream come true) but it just seems insane to throw that out there in such a flippant manner and in the current context.. i do hope it happens

keith is acting like a bozo.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 25, 2011 07:32

stoned in washington dc

i think keith is very ill advised to try to blackmail mick into a tour...are things that deteriorated that he can't just call mick on the phone like a man and talk about it? its very odd behavior.
of course i'd love for taylor and wyman to be there (dream come true) but it just seems insane to throw that out there in such a flippant manner and in the current context.. i do hope it happens

keith was acting like a bozo...the book was cathartic for him...now he is trying to make amends.

He's just passive-aggressive and uses the media to try and manipulate.

At the end of the day, MJ will show because he wants to go out on top.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: November 25, 2011 10:33

some more gossip from an austrian event-agency.......

Sehr geehrter Herr Robert Koeberl!
Neben einzigartigen Events für Oper-, Theater- und Rockfans haben wir diesmal auch gleich drei spannende Gerüchte für Sie:

Die Rolling Stones kündigen sich für 2-3 Konzerte in der Wiener Stadthalle an - vorr. Termin September 2012!

Für Madonna wurde angeblich das Ernst -Happel-Stadion in Wien von 24. - 30. Juli 2012 blockiert!

Bruce Springsteen hat sich auch angesagt - über den Termin und den Veranstaltungsort liegen allerdings noch keine Informationen vor.

Bleiben Sie also dran an unseren News, damit sie diese Events nicht versäumen! Sobald wir die Detailinformationen dieser Events haben, werden wir Sie in diesem Newsletter sofort darüber informieren.

Wir wünschen Ihnen viel Spaß mit unseren heutigen Event-Empfehlungen.
Ihr AllEvent Team

Date: November 25, 2011 10:44

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
When will it dawn on you guys that this is a well-crafted PR-thing?

A rather dense comment from you...I would have given you more credit.

I don't think MJ would have come up, or went along with the 'Let's call me Brenda and label me with a tiny todger' thing, as 'well-crafted PR'. His whole persona is that of a lady killer...that just would not have been the plan.

To even suggest that is incredibly dense. KR is an idiot, and is now trying to make amends, and MJ is maneuvering through this incredibly well, and making KR suffer a bit along the way. All will be good again in 2012...where there is smoke there is fire, and I'm choking on all the smoke from the last 2 weeks.

An idiot? You may say a lot about Keith, but he's no idiot.

I'm not suggesting that the book was PR for the tour. However, I'm certain of the books impact on Mick and Keith's relationship means ZERO for the Stones' future. Why should it mean anything?

Both Mick and Keith are masters when it comes to handling the press - don't forget that.

If keith wanted to make amends for anything, he would have done something else. What the drama queens on this board tend to forget is the fact that Mick and Keith have met several times after this book was published. If there was something to mend, it would have happened on one of these occasions.

Now it's all about building the buzz, hopefully for a new Stones tour.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 25, 2011 10:50

Thank you austrianstones. I just love these rumors

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: November 25, 2011 13:59

There sis nver a done deal with the stones until the trucks arrive at the venue.

Also, Keith may not be an idiot but he ain't not genius neither. Master of the PR? Master of his domain for sure but not PR. Jane Rose is the master of Keith PR and always cleaning up after him. I find it hard to believe that Jagger would just jump when Keith calls. After what I saw on ABB, I think Jagger, as someone else said on this board last week, that he wants to make sure Keith and Ronnie are ready to play and they are serious. I did not see every show, but I saw plenty and I was close enough to witness that Charlie and Mick with the help of the backline were holding the ship together. Ronnie and Keith were very sporadic and at times dreadfully off the mark. Keith played one intro for a song while the band played another, Ronnie destroyed a couple of songs with bum notes and Keith blew the intro on Brown Sugar at two shows I saw. Don't get me started on Keith's wandering across the stage a few nights looking confused and out of place. This is the guy that played most of the 1970's completely fried and sounded amazing yet the fingers and the coconut may have caught up with him.

If I were Jagger I would want to have a little proof that all could function on stage.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: November 25, 2011 14:15

ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-26 09:00 by SecondSet.

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: November 25, 2011 16:41

Don't forget the Shows in July in London, SecondSet. You have been so convincing that we just have scored flights and rooms just in case... Springsteen on the 14th would do, but!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 25, 2011 17:20

DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman

I don't think MJ would have come up, or went along with the 'Let's call me Brenda and label me with a tiny todger' thing, as 'well-crafted PR'. His whole persona is that of a lady killer...that just would not have been the plan.

To even suggest that is incredibly dense. KR is an idiot, and is now trying to make amends, and MJ is maneuvering through this incredibly well, and making KR suffer a bit along the way. All will be good again in 2012...where there is smoke there is fire, and I'm choking on all the smoke from the last 2 weeks.

An idiot? You may say a lot about Keith, but he's no idiot.

I'm not suggesting that the book was PR for the tour. However, I'm certain of the books impact on Mick and Keith's relationship means ZERO for the Stones' future. Why should it mean anything?

Both Mick and Keith are masters when it comes to handling the press - don't forget that.

If keith wanted to make amends for anything, he would have done something else. What the drama queens on this board tend to forget is the fact that Mick and Keith have met several times after this book was published. If there was something to mend, it would have happened on one of these occasions.

Now it's all about building the buzz, hopefully for a new Stones tour.
Well said.

Date: November 25, 2011 17:34

ed

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 25, 2011 17:41

SecondSet
eismann
Don't forget the Shows in July in London, SecondSet. You have been so convincing that we just have scored flights and rooms just in case... Springsteen on the 14th would do, but!

Ha, I wouldn't make any non-refundable purchases based on my guessing. But I have rooms booked as well.

have you made dinner resers yet? also, probably good idea to get your underground tix...and i would have the nametags affixed to your shorts sooner than later...

Date: November 25, 2011 17:44

ed

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: November 25, 2011 17:55

Hi Todder, have even been to the Ambassadors in early March for some preparation...

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: November 25, 2011 17:57

DandelionPowderman
[I'm not suggesting that the book was PR for the tour. However, I'm certain of the books impact on Mick and Keith's relationship means ZERO for the Stones' future. Why should it mean anything?

I don´t think the book has an influence on the plans for next year, because that is too big to ignore, but it could influence their future concerning new material, when they really have to work with each other.
I don´t believe that behind closed doors they are best friends and brothers.
I don´t know why I should not believe Ron Wood when he says that the book caused tensions. Both Ron and Keith confirmed here for the first time that things are not good between Mick and Keith. Why do these quotes get so much rejection here? and when I read Keith´s remark here then this spanish Mick-interview makes more sense, where he said, that he does not know if he still can work with Keith or not.
If that is all scripted then they are incredibly childish. This is not worthy for them, that would be just stupid.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 25, 2011 18:55

eismann
Hi Todder, have even been to the Ambassadors in early March for some preparation...

there's a special place waiting in rocknroll heaven for folks like you. it's a nice room...with rubber walls and all kinds of stuff...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 25, 2011 20:05

rogue
There sis nver a done deal with the stones until the trucks arrive at the venue.

Also, Keith may not be an idiot but he ain't not genius neither. Master of the PR? Master of his domain for sure but not PR. Jane Rose is the master of Keith PR and always cleaning up after him. I find it hard to believe that Jagger would just jump when Keith calls. After what I saw on ABB, I think Jagger, as someone else said on this board last week, that he wants to make sure Keith and Ronnie are ready to play and they are serious. I did not see every show, but I saw plenty and I was close enough to witness that Charlie and Mick with the help of the backline were holding the ship together. Ronnie and Keith were very sporadic and at times dreadfully off the mark. Keith played one intro for a song while the band played another, Ronnie destroyed a couple of songs with bum notes and Keith blew the intro on Brown Sugar at two shows I saw. Don't get me started on Keith's wandering across the stage a few nights looking confused and out of place. This is the guy that played most of the 1970's completely fried and sounded amazing yet the fingers and the coconut may have caught up with him.

If I were Jagger I would want to have a little proof that all could function on stage.

Well said and probably more the real facts rouge. Especially the part about KR and PR. I laughed out loud when treaclefingers said KR was using the media to maipulate...He hasn't a clue or a speck of interest in this angle. peace.

Date: November 25, 2011 20:11

stoned in washington dc

Now you are starting to get it! ACTING!

Both Mick and Keith deserve Oscar nominations for their performances over the last four years. Maybe Ronnie and his young lady friends can get nominations in the best supporting actor and best supporting actress categories?

Date: November 25, 2011 20:21

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
mickscarey

Forget it mickscarey, you're just a skipping record, saying nothing new, over and over and over for years.

Hee hee. You are t00 easy. HAHAH. I TOLD you!

Date: November 25, 2011 20:26

Mick has purposely been a bit hazy about 2012. A Rolling Stones tour figures down to one person - Mick Jagger. He has no love for Keith and he would rather be without him unless he is very well paid to be near him. That's what Steel Wheels was about - and only about: money and Mick's ego.

It's been that way ever since. How else would one explain the poor choice of singles and some of the lame LP tracks, especially the new tracks on Licks?

Keith, on the other hand, performs as if he's in debt to the audience for the tickets being ridiculously priced - except on the Bang tour he never came through. It's not about the money for Keith so much as it is for Mick but Keith is no idiot.

In theory, anything they release now should not matter financially since they've made gazillions from touring and hardly anything, compared to touring, from record sales. So strictly in that sense it's about the art with these archive releases - it's all they have now - and it's up to UMe to make what money they can. It's out of the Stones' hands because it doesn't need to be in their hands.

Keith is basically using emotional blackmail on Mick to attempt to get them to perform next year, something that has worked before on Mick - but not by Keith.

Date: November 25, 2011 20:27

mickscarey
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
mickscarey

Hee hee. You are t00 easy. HAHAH. I TOLD you!
A wh0le l0t 0f N0THING is what you've t0ld.

Date: November 25, 2011 20:30

Yes, "We love.." did not add much but that is OK. Let's all just be HAPPY about the tour!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: November 25, 2011 23:29

I love the idea of camping out in one " residency city", like New York, Boston, Philly, Atlanta, LA, etc....for me, it will save $$. I'll pick one city and go to a few shows, paying for one hotel for a few nights and not traveling all over the place!! YIPPEE!
I'm glad to see that some of you recognize that Keith has really been the cause of serious damage to their relationship and it will really be up to Mick as to what the terms of this tour will be. I don't think that they will lower ticket prices....I hope they do but I don't see them taking the fans' bank accounts into consideration. Money is the motivator, how much can they pull in...plus it's an ego thing. Beat Macca, beat all other touring records and have the all-time mega-total for a band...etc..sad but true.

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: November 25, 2011 23:29

I think more and more it will be a series of residence shows.

London, Paris, NY, LA, maybe Chicago. 2-3 nights per city. Most likely arenas or large theaters with the latter meaning an extra night in town.

Big cities with big airports lots of flights in an out for fans with plenty of package deals.

This will not be another grand world tour. Even the private jetliner and Four Seasons suites can make up for thier age. Techs will do sound checks. Jagger and Richards will barely see each other except on stage. A tight 20-24 song set list. No b-stage.

Date: November 25, 2011 23:54

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman

Mick supposedly read the book before it's release and never objected to any of the things that you have listed. He apparently objected to Keith having mentioned something about him having a voice coach. My belief is that Mick actually assisted Keith in the writing of the book in the form of editing and with suggestions. Of course they will never admit this. Well, maybe someday. There is no way Keith would have allowed the todger and Brenda remarks without Mick's consent.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 26, 2011 00:16

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
In theory, anything they release now should not matter financially since they've made gazillions from touring and hardly anything, compared to touring, from record sales. So strictly in that sense it's about the art with these archive releases - it's all they have now - and it's up to UMe to make what money they can. It's out of the Stones' hands because it doesn't need to be in their hands.

I agree with everything you said but the above. Wait One Hot Minute. Have you done the math for the new record and project sales? It's pretty nice bank those boys are making selling all these high priced packages, and of course once on the market it just keeps coming and coming, kinda like M. Faithfull in the old days...(did i say that?). For most acts these days the money for the product is pretty small but for the Stones, with these packages, a whole nuther game and set of nice income streams , hardly "should not matter" stuff. Especially to Ronnie's girlfriends and Mick's wives. peace.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1726
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home