Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

1972 USA Keith's miraculous recovery
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 14, 2018 22:02

Many, many years ago someone made me listen to a bootleg recording of a Rolling Stones concert somewhere in the USA, 1972.
In particular to the start of Midnight Rambler. Apparently Keith fell of the stage during the beginning of that song. Mick (blues harp) and Charlie didn't give a wink, they just continued, waiting for Keith's intro. Then another interruption, still Mick and Charlie continued. Finally Keith "fully recovered" and the song went on as it should. I closed my eyes while listening and try to imagine the scene. I couldn't stop laughing.
Does anyone know which concert that was?

Re: 1972 USA Keith's miraculous recovery
Date: January 14, 2018 23:10

georgie48
Many, many years ago someone made me listen to a bootleg recording of a Rolling Stones concert somewhere in the USA, 1972.
In particular to the start of Midnight Rambler. Apparently Keith fell of the stage during the beginning of that song. Mick (blues harp) and Charlie didn't give a wink, they just continued, waiting for Keith's intro. Then another interruption, still Mick and Charlie continued. Finally Keith "fully recovered" and the song went on as it should. I closed my eyes while listening and try to imagine the scene. I couldn't stop laughing.

You're not thinking of the 1971 Roundhouse-version?

I'm pretty sure that's not what happened, though..

Date: January 14, 2018 23:55

DandelionPowderman
georgie48

I will check the Roundhouse, but (I was in the UK in 1971) 1972 clearly sticks in my mind. Thanks for the hint, anyway!

Date: January 15, 2018 13:38

I read on the internet that Chuck Berry punched Keith a blue eye back in 1972. Maybe that was going on.

Date: January 18, 2018 20:16

DandelionPowderman
georgie48

I did check the 1971 Roundhouse version, but that one in totally different from what I listened too.
So my hopes are on "senior" American Stones fans, who visited any of the 1972 concerts ...

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: January 19, 2018 02:02

don't think i've hear this rambler but there is a better example out there of this kind of "F"-up. the first chicago voodoo show the guitars went out on satisfaction. for the first minute keith was furious. then after they couldn't fix it he just threw up his hands and gave in. it was mick, charlie, darryl and chuck and it smoked. never hear of a bootleg of this show.

Date: January 19, 2018 09:16

sundevil
don't think i've hear this rambler but there is a better example out there of this kind of "F"-up. the first chicago voodoo show the guitars went out on satisfaction. for the first minute keith was furious. then after they couldn't fix it he just threw up his hands and gave in. it was mick, charlie, darryl and chuck and it smoked. never hear of a bootleg of this show.

Thanks, sundevil
I will look around to see if there is a recording of that (1994) Chicago Voodoo Lounge concert. We may get to 1972 some timecool smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 19, 2018 10:12

georgie48

I think you mean Seattle 1972. Keith blew an amp at the intro of Midnight Rambler and it took a while before the spare was ready.

Mathijs

Date: January 20, 2018 00:07

Mathijs
georgie48

I think you mean Seattle 1972. Keith blew an amp at the intro of Midnight Rambler and it took a while before the spare was ready.
Mathijs

Thanks Mathijs,
That makes sense! More logical than the story that he fell of the stage. Still, just imagining the latter creaties hilarious visions in the mind grinning smiley
I will look around for Seattle 1972 recording. Thanks again! thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2293
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home