Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Did Wolfgang's Vault prompt the Stones into finally releasing their own archive?
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 18, 2011 16:00

The Brussels gig has been available as a download on the Wolfgang's Vault site for some time now as well as other Stones' recordings including Mid South Colisseum 78; Detroit Masonic Hall 78; Silverdome 81 (two shows); Largo 81 and Hampton 81.

Does anybody know if/how the Graham organisation has been able to licence deals to allow video and just music content to be downloaded.

I presume they pay the artistes a commission otherwise they would get sued. How does this system work?

It's possible to download video content of some great gigs for free and there are top bands that I've been able to accesss rare footage of, albeit usually in b/w shot on house cctv systems.

Re: Did Wolfgang's Vault prompt the Stones into finally releasing their own archive?
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 19, 2011 00:12

I'd say "Wolfgang's Vault prompted the Stones into finally realizing their own archive had $ome potential"

Re: Did Wolfgang's Vault prompt the Stones into finally releasing their own archive?
Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 00:28

Well, so many bands have been "opening the vaults" and putting out bootleg series, bands with probably half of the material lying around that the Stones have. If Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Nirvana and Dave Matthews Band can open the vaults, why not the Stones? With the exception of R&R Circus the Stones have mainly been focused on releasing current live performances, where as so many bands have released vintage material. The Doors have seen a lot of success going through the old tapes, The Who have released a few vintage shows, etc. Seems like a no-brainer to me. Especially with an anniversary coming up. I've always wondered why they haven't done this.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1478
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home